Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Licence application by post

Options
  • 19-04-2005 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

Just headed down to nutgrove to get my full licence to discover it's closed until August :mad: Does anyone know if it's possible to post in your application?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

seamus wrote:
    Yep.

brought to you by Boards.ie, crisis resolution since 1998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

seamus wrote:
    Yep.

Dear lord you are helpful. For all I know what you mean here is "yes there is someone out there who knows if it is possible to send your licence application in by post". If you're going to go to the trouble to post to a quesition, at least be helpful. Muppet

Cheers krinpit, I'd looked at the first one before (oasis was my first stop). Think the easiest way will just be to go into work late. Thank god for flexitime :)

• Advertisement

Dear lord you are helpful. For all I know what you mean here is "yes there is someone out there who knows if it is possible to send your licence application in by post". If you're going to go to the trouble to post to a quesition, at least be helpful. Muppet

I understood this response to be that you could post in your application. I know thats what Seamus meant and perhaps you ought to bite your tongue before throwing insults around when people try and help you. It wasn't necessary to exapnd beyond his answer. As you acknowledge - he is going to trouble to respond, he shouldn't have to assume he needs to spell out every detail. You asked a very specific question. It was answered. If you wanted more info than that you should have asked.

Being told yes is flipping useless without addresses of where to send it or links, if seamus was genuinly just replying to the question without thinking my applogies for jumping to conclusions, but I can't stand posters who reply with these one word answers for whatever reasons they have without elaborating on them.

Question: "Does anyone know if it's possible to post in your application?"
    Answer: "Yep"

Sounds right to me. All the other info you need is on the application form.

How about where you got the information from?

My head. I've posted my own application before to my local tax office.

• Advertisement

All the other info you need is on the application form.

If you want info, ask a question. It's completely unreasonable for you to expect people to second guess what it is you need to know.

If you having seen seamus original response had said "cool, and where do I send it into, etc?" then we wouldn't be aving this chat. Your reponse to the original post was to crib that he was being smart with you.
    :confused:

there's really no need for that.

This was with regard to where did he get the info about being able to post in the form. This isn't contained on the form, or on oasis.gov
    uberwolf wrote:
    If you want info, ask a question. It's completely unreasonable for you to expect people to second guess what it is you need to know.
    Getting information doesn't need to be like getting blood from a stone, I don't see why anyone should beleive a yes/no answer on the boards without having some backup as to where the information came from even if it's "I heard from a friend".

That said I did react too harshly to seamus without giving the benefit of the doubt. I don't know if I'm getting cynical or was having a bad morning. Either way, I applogise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Just relax would you. Is there a full moon tonight? :rolleyes:

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement