Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb problems?!?

• 19-04-2005 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

One of my neighbours is on digiweb's broadband over satellite. He has been having problems since yesterday, and Digiweb are claiming 'technical difficulties'.
    He is using my computer to do stuff until it gets fixed.

I want to know are any other digiweb connections having problems?

John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved .. IoffL > Broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I've got no problems on regular DSL, so must be a sat thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skilcom3

my fwa is gone down, bloody digi***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 son of bofh

No problems with our office sat connection (Mediasat 2-way).

Looks like a specific Digiweb issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

Our digiweb satellite has been down since sometime on Sunday (I think)

had to revert to an isdn with eircon :(

Its still down, as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jeem

Taken from: http://www.pricecentre.com/livenews.html?a=58006;r=14
    ============================
    Wednesday, April 20 07:15:42

Around 450 businesses and schools have been cut off the Internet after Digiweb's satellite provider suspended a supply contract.

Digiweb, which holds the largest number of State contracts to supply broadband to Irish schools, said it was doing everything possible to have its satellite broadband service restored, the Irish Times reported this morning.

About 450 firms using Digiweb's broadband satellite service have been unable to use the internet since the Luxembourg firm Satlynx stopped supplying Digiweb on Monday morning.

The outage has also affected up to three of the State-financed group broadband schemes, which were set up to help people in rural areas access broadband.

A Digiweb spokesman confirmed that the firm had told the Government about the problem and had assured it would not affect the schools' project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Ah, so now we know what they mean when they say 'technical difficulties' lol.

Sounds pretty damn serious to me, i wonder were DigiWeb running behind on payments etc. probably in bad debt hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I was just talking to a real human at tech support, and they tell me that they're getting swamped by phone calls from irate customers.
    The tech people are having to explain that it's a contractual/financial/management problem, and people aren't happy!

I hope they get it sorted out, I paid my annual subscription only a couple of weeks ago :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Hi All,

I've heard some pople have called this lot: http://www.bentleytelecom.co.uk/

and they use the same SAT service and all they need is your MAC address and you would be back up and running.

its a bit of a long shot, but give it a try.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Hmmmmmmmmm.......................

I see Digiweb have vanished from Satlynx's list of Irish contacts-
    http://www.satlynx.com/ireland.htm

Anyone know anything about the 2 that ARE listed there???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Eircom use mediasat - they are mostly all the same.

Contact either them or the Uk one I posted above and they should be able to sort you out.

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

The quality of service on my digiweb fixed wireless has been awful over the last few days. I'm on their 1meg uncapped service... speeds are more like a 512k connection and thats IF it connects... a lot of webpages are timing out etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 murphyjohnp

My neighbour is giving up on the digiweb guys - they just weren't helpful enough. He's going change over to that Mediasat crowd, they can fix things fairly quickly and they are Irish!
    I'll post up what happens.

What a mess!

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mediasat

<snip> Advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Digiuseless

A warning to be very careful about Digiweb cold calling to get previous satellite users to sign up to their new package. First comes the big sell about how much cheaper than the previous system it is and the equipment only costs 500 Euro. BUT no mention that it is a restricted service that is absolutely useless and FAR inferior to the system they claim it replaces.

Just a word of warning from one that was CONNED.

DONT LET THEM CON YOU _ KEEP WELL CLEAR

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dont drag up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement