Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lean Mix in Naas

Options
  • 19-04-2005 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea of anyone in the Naas area which delivers this?
    Anyone know the cost of it?

Alternatively, anyone know anywhere in Naas area to get hardcore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Got quoted 150 Euro for 1.5 metres of lean mix delivered 2 weeks ago. It was in portlaoise though.

Just a guide price for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Cheers Sas,

Just one thing.
    What do you mean by 1.5 meters.
    I only heard of this stuff today, and am considering using it for the base of a patio and putting slabs on top.
    How much does the 150 worth of lean mix you got cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

MaceFace wrote:
    Anyone have any idea of anyone in the Naas area which delivers this?
    Anyone know the cost of it?

Alternatively, anyone know anywhere in Naas area to get hardcore?
    Did you try Brennans?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MaceFace wrote:
    What do you mean by 1.5 meters.
    1.5 meters cubed.

Concrete will cost in the order of €70/m3, but you need to add €50-100 delivery charge if you are getting less than a full load (5-8m3).

I only heard of this stuff today, and am considering using it for the base of a patio and putting slabs on top. How much does the 150 worth of lean mix you got cover?
    You don't absolutely need concrete under a patio. Properly compacted hardcore (crushed rock) is adequate. The really important bit is to have topsoil cleared, level surfaces and that it properly **mechanically** compacted. Otherwise it will settle unevenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Victor covered it better than I could. Know very little about that sort of thing. I was just told to price that much lean mix by a builder doing a job for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement