Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNet Wireless Router CNBR-914W

• 19-04-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

hi everyone i bought this router about 2 weeks ago and cant seem to get it working i did everything it said but i cant connect to the internet and the wireless pc downstairs dont pic it up but i can access the html control panel can someone tell me how to get it up and running i know other people have been having problems with this router god damn cheap router :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

How can you write 4 lines of text without using any punctuation?
    One might think your keyboard is broken...

Anyway, if you need help, you will have to describe your problem a little better:
    1. how many PCs do you want connected? What type of network adapters do you have in them? What OS version?
    2. how did you wire your stuff?
    3. how did you assign IP addresses to your machines/devices? Manually? Automatically (DHCP)?
    4. what Internet connection are you sharing? BB? what modem do you have?

Give as many details as possible.

Cheers,
    JP

P.S. Again, I find the product description at Komplett very misleading. By the looks of it, this product has nothing to make it a router. You got a wireless access point bridged with a 4-port ethernet hub (or switched hub, maybe!!). A router would have a separate WAN connection, and this doesn't seem to have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Irishpimp

yeah yeah ok,

1. 1 connected through Ethernet and 1 Wireless
    2. I put the wan wire into the back of the modem then the wire from the modem to the Ethernet card.
    3. I used DHCP
    4. I got a Netopia 3341 Modem from eircom oh and its the 2mb connection

Thanks for the help

,Darrell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Ok,

You need to go back to basics.

First of all the modem uses DCHP and not the router is using DCHP.

Both can not use it and one needs to be turned off.

If you look throught the other threads in the Wireless/ Nets forums there is pleanty of instruction on seting your modem as a bridge.

Sorry ment to edit this one stupid me :o

Ok thanks shane i turned the DCHP server on the modem off and ticked Enable Bridging on Port under Ethernet bridge but that aint working its just my first time setting up a wireless connection i aint no noob lol but i can get this working you could you or someone else help me like through msn,yahoo or aim or even write a little tutorial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Hi

Wish i could help further but i have never actually done it myself. However i have seen other threads in the forums that should be able to help.

Have a look around and hopefully someone there can help you.

i cant find one can you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Here is one from some time ago.....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=232975

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Murfi

Hi Folks,
    I also bought the CNet Wireless Router CNBR-914W and set it up with my Eircom Broadband modem and Dell Desktop. I managed to set up my wireless network but can't get Internet access on my wireless laptop when i'm connected to my wireless network. Any ideas?

Advertisement