Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Of the Wind-Ups

Options
  • 19-04-2005 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,
    Im living in Waterford and heard a tape some while back
    called Best Of The Wind-Ups. It was a program that used
    to be hosted by Mick Mulcahy on Cork 96fm's Big Breakfast
    show. I was wondering does anyone have all the volumes of this
    show that I could get from them? I contacted
    the Cork FM website but they only have volumes 3 and 5.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

[email]gburns@(NOSPAM)iol.ie[/email]
    (remove (NOSPAM) from above)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I used to have Volume 2 here on MP3, but not any more. I might know someone who still has it, I'll try to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

"Will ya shut those feckers UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Mr Kelleher. The wind up about the dogs, was undoutedly the best there was, though I suspect it was a set up.

It used make going to school fun those wind ups did.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Hi ,

I have volume II if you still need it.

Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Ya those wind-ups were funny as hell. The one with Mark's Farting condition was by far the best. Does any one have any on mp3, cause i lost mine......

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Razzle wrote:
    Hi ,

Let me know.

Have you got this on MP3?

John.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

id love to get it on mp3 too if anyone has it...thnks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

any1 have it?

I have the Con Kelleher wind-up about the dog licensing on MP3, I can email it on if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Akula

sorry ignore this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 michaelharringt

I have all of the Mick Mulcahy Cork 96fm's Big Breakfast wind up cassettes and am prepared to send a copy to anyone who can convert them to MP3 or CD format - in exchange for a copy of the CD's!

Any takers?
    regards
    Michael
    mjh@healdshall.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If anyone's interested, I've just taken delivery of tape copies of vols 1-5. I'll be copying them over to my computer over the next couple of days to tidy them up and create audio CDs/mp3s out of them. Let me know if you're interested and I'll sort out some way of getting them to you.

(Oh, and thanks to Michael Harrington for sending me the tapes!)

Fysh wrote:
    If anyone's interested, I've just taken delivery of tape copies of vols 1-5. I'll be copying them over to my computer over the next couple of days to tidy them up and create audio CDs/mp3s out of them. Let me know if you're interested and I'll sort out some way of getting them to you.

(Oh, and thanks to Michael Harrington for sending me the tapes!)

I'm very interested. Let me know when you have them done and I'll pm you my details. I'll have to sort you out for a couple of jars for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

yeah id like to get those aswell if possible ... ill keep an eye on the thread thanks -t

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Akula

im interested in a copy too. Let us know when you manage it? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

hurrah for fysh!

On a more serious note, does this constitute pirating copyrighted material?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Jerryc

Hi,

Have these been put on CD?
    I'd be interested in swapping something for them, maybe some other mp3 music!?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Long-overdue update on this:

for reasons of my own, I've spent rather more of the last month away from the computer and being outside actually doing stuff (mostly drinking, but still - a scary enough prospect). Hence the, ahem, slight delay in getting these finished. Compounded by things breaking which were awkward to replace (or at least replace cheaply, which given that I don't want to charge anyone anything for this, is a concern).

Anyway. I've got all the tapes on my computer at the moment, and have made some headway into cleaning them up so that they'll sound reasonable on CD. At the rate I've been going, I should hopefully be able to burn some test CDs by the end of the week - once I've done that, I'll get in touch with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

mick mulcahy is currently recording more wind ups, they'll be aired in sept.
    just if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spiriteddruid

Razzle wrote:
    Hi ,

Let me know.
    I'd be delighted to hear that on again.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭pma-ire

I thought they were crap! He only started them because Garret o'Callaghan had done it on 2fm and they were brill!!

Mullers ones were more often than not set ups that were acted badly by the supposed victums. I would imagine that the new set will be just as crap! Have you noticed that there was always a name drop of a company or some kinda promo to them!!!! Also if it was not going well he'd start calling them names and try to do anything to get them to curse :rolleyes:

Try to get o'Callaghan's!! There much better, and not publicity stunts!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭shamalive

if someone wants a bit of webspace for these let me know.
    I can donate 100MB or so to stick them up for download.

Might get them out to folks faster and cheaper than burning cds

(shamalive At gmail DOT com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drustan

Guys i can setup a server here if you like to share them. Upload speed is 128b/s (16kb/s). Machine is on 24/7. If you need a hand converting the tapes to mp3 i can do that also. I use adobe audition and cake walk audio pro for audio editing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Any word on the location of these MP3s? We could also use BT to share them!

*cough*

I, uh...

Yeah, sorry again for the delays. Moving house has apparently collapsed what remained of my sanity and consumed all my free time over the last few weeks. All that I need to do is actually split the audio files up into individual tracks, and then test-burning the CDs. I will have time to do this somewhere between Friday and Sunday, and will update the thread accordingly.

(You wouldn't believe how many emails I've gotten about these, or to which email accounts they've gone either....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

When you have them converted into MP3s. I will host them, I have enough bandwidth per month and a fast server to hold them for a limited period.

Drop me a mail when you're done (snip)

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kerry_guy

hi.id love to get my hands of it..u hav it on mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kerry_guy

brill.can u email it onto..denis.naughton@gmail.com

Fair play to you FYSH. Any look getting these onto cd or mp3? ...."I'm not Michael Jackson, I'm Martin Jackson! No relation"... Priceless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Any update on this?

• Advertisement

Any update FYSH???

Advertisement