Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Of the Wind-Ups

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Wow, I'd completely forgotten about this thread. After some computer grief which saw me lose all the files I'd been working with just before christmas, I did finish transferring them to mp3 although by this stage I was so sick of trying to get them done that I didn't spend as much time as I could have done tweaking the audio quality. They sound OK, but you can tell they were originally ripped from a tape copy of the originals...

However, since the Wind-ups were supposed to be starting again and the Best Of The Windups CD was on sale over Christmas, I'm a bit wary of distributing knocked-off copies of the tapes if they're gearing up to start the whole thing again.

However; I did promise I'd send them on to people in this thread, so anyone who's given me their info will receive copies one way or another over the next couple of weeks. (I'm having ongoing problems with my home net connection so I'm not sure what the best way of distributing this stuff would be, but I'd prefer being able to email them to people than physically posting CDs...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

halaraulmadrid AT gmail DOT com

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FeeMBee

Hey Fysh,

My aunt had tape copies of these and lost them. She'd love to get them back - any chance I could get a copy of them from you?

Thanks!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 martypie

Hi Fysh

any chance i could get a copy of the cork phonecalls.
    i have ben laughing at the dog licensing one for about 10 years. it never fails.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I have no home internet connection right now and it looks like I wont have one for a while. I'll work on getting these sent out to people somehow, but it may take a while. I'll post again in this thread when I've got an update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bexstevens

Hi,

Was wondering if any chance of getting copies of the Wind Ups. We have one volume on cassette but its battered now. Hope you can help and would happily pay for them.

Thanks, Bex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

put them up, somebody, pls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

I'd love to hear them too if possible...

I dont have access to sizable webspace or a home connection that I could run a torrent from, and neither situation will change any time soon. Unfortunately, this means that unless someone wants to get copies from me at a boards beer or something and host them themselves, I can't make them available. Sorry guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CuriousClouseau

Did anyone ever manage to get copies of these? Wud luv to get them one way or another and am more than willing to pay. Please let me know,cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

i have the best of windups 2005 converted to mp3, i have a cd of today fm gift grub stuff. I had the first 3 cassettes of the windups but someone BORROWED them, so i would love to trade or swops files. let me know if interested.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CuriousClouseau

I have managed to transfer Volume 3 on CD. Quailty is very good so I would be willing to trade this for some of the other volumes. I can convert it to MP3 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

you can buy all 6 windup CD's in the 96fm station. the first 5 are €12.99 and the 6th is €16.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Langball06

Hi, I'd love to get my hands on Volume 1. I havent heard it in years but apart from mad Con I think it's also got 'Boycee' the english fella and also the one about that clown and his wifes poodle!! Can anyone post me a copy of this CD? I've got volume 3 on CD which I'll gladly burn and send on in return. I can even convert to Mp3 and email aswell if that's more convenient
    My email address is jasonoc@mail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 niallt

Fysh wrote:
    Long-overdue update on this:

for reasons of my own, I've spent rather more of the last month away from the computer and being outside actually doing stuff (mostly drinking, but still - a scary enough prospect). Hence the, ahem, slight delay in getting these finished. Compounded by things breaking which were awkward to replace (or at least replace cheaply, which given that I don't want to charge anyone anything for this, is a concern).

Anyway. I've got all the tapes on my computer at the moment, and have made some headway into cleaning them up so that they'll sound reasonable on CD. At the rate I've been going, I should hopefully be able to burn some test CDs by the end of the week - once I've done that, I'll get in touch with people.

hello there,
    listen i've been trying to geta hold of these classics for ages. i live across the water now but i loved the wind ups in my college days. is there any way you could send me a copy of them, i'd pay you for the in convienience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Delphi001

Hi John,

Hope I am not too late...
    Have been trying to get these from Cork FM without much success - I would really appreciate a copy (if possible) by email or snail mail - happy to pay postage etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 startingagain

I'm just wondering if anyone has anything recorded with Mick Mulcahy and Obi John Maloney ? He used to be on in the mornings with Mick and I thought he was hillarious. 96fm don't have any recordings of these shows and I'm hoping someone here might have one or two episodes recorded.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LittleMissLogic

I wish I had check this 2 years ago. I have all the wind-up's. The whole collection. On cd. Um...2 years too late?
    I am however looking for a rare one of Jackie Healy Ray. If anyone has his on mp3, I will gladly trade my entire collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Hi, has anyone managed to convert these to mp3 and host them on a server for download? Would really love to get a hold of these again, used to have volumes 1-3 on cassette a few years ago. Great stuff.
    If there's on a server or webpage can you please provide the link or PM with details.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

Any of the windups i heard sounded like set ups.They probably all were.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ilisha

John2002 wrote: »
    I have the Con Kelleher wind-up about the dog licensing on MP3, I can email it on if anyone wants it.

I am really looking for tapes or mps of any vol. of the Cork fm windups. I destroyed my brothers. So I taught I try to make up for it at xmas.

Could you help me?

ilisha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I believe I heard on the radio you can buy them at reception in the 96FM station itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Femmy will know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 michaelharringt

I have these all now on CD. email me if intersted!

I will send if you cover my costs.

I have all of the Mick Mulcahy Cork 96fm's Big Breakfast wind up cassettes and am prepared to send a copy to anyone who can convert them to MP3 or CD format - in exchange for a copy of the CD's!

Any takers?
    regards
    Michael
    mjh@healdshall.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 drawderm

Fysh wrote: »
    Long-overdue update on this:

for reasons of my own, I've spent rather more of the last month away from the computer and being outside actually doing stuff (mostly drinking, but still - a scary enough prospect). Hence the, ahem, slight delay in getting these finished. Compounded by things breaking which were awkward to replace (or at least replace cheaply, which given that I don't want to charge anyone anything for this, is a concern).

Anyway. I've got all the tapes on my computer at the moment, and have made some headway into cleaning them up so that they'll sound reasonable on CD. At the rate I've been going, I should hopefully be able to burn some test CDs by the end of the week - once I've done that, I'll get in touch with people.

Hi,

Is there any chance of a copy??

Thanks Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WestOz

Hi all...

Sorry to re-bump an old thread but Google brought me here. Whenever I think of it, I have been periodically checking literally for several years to get a hold of the wind-ups, so far I have only had success in sourcing volumes 3 & 5 from 96FM themselves...

I am chasing the rest of the set (specifically 1 and 2), I don't care if it's on tape, CD, original or MP3 or whatever. Can anyone at all please help out? I am in Australia but happy to pay for items, postage etc.

I even have a spare kidney.......:o

I will edit this post if & when I am successful in getting these... so if you are a browser who can help me out, consider the request still valid despite the date of posting.

Cheers all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Up to recently they have volumes 2-5 in 96fm, i'm sure thats still the case.
    You can ring them on 0214551596

Hmmm really? Perhaps that's a recent development because I have been emailing them for several years up to late 2006 (the last contact I had with them, when I received volumes 3 & 5). Joy Hennebry of 96FM sales dept assured me that these were all she could get her hands on.

As for ringing the number, bit difficult from my location!! But if you insist, tell me the area code, country code etc.

But yeh, my request still stands... anyone at all out there can help, happy to pay etc, even throw in the cost of a pint or two.....

Hey all...

My several years long search is finally over! Thanks to michaelharringt I now have the whole set of 6 volumes :D:D:D

Now, if only Mick would start 'em up again...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FinnMcCool1974

Hey Guys!
    Like many of yourselves, I've been trying to get a hold of some of the old 96FM Wind Up cassettes with Mick Mulcahy. Does anyone here have some digital copies of them? I'd love to get my hands on them so I can bring back some memories from the old sod :-)
    Thanks a million,
    Damien.

Advertisement