Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Of the Wind-Ups

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭A quiet one

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/best-of-corks-96fm-wind-ups-2005-with-mick-mulcahy-part-1/587271712
    I put the title of this thread into a search enginr (yahoo) and picked that one out;
    Currently trying to listen to it, but it's dreadfully slow to upload for whatever reason (in fact all you tube clips are being slow in the last 3 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I've got a fair few of those cds copied, my friend used to work for 96fm. I'll see what I can do, I presume there's no problem with uploading them to rapidshare or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WestOz

The complete set of 6 volumes are here . (351MB, zipped)

Please let me know when download has finished as I don't wish to keep it public for too long.

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Thank you for this! I really love the dog one vol 1. It's the best.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 petervenn

Hi all

The one I can't find anywhere is from around 2000 when the breakfast show host at the time called an American store complaining about the talking doll he'd bought that "talked dirty". One of the funniest ever, and if anyone can tell me where to find it, I'll be very grateful. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 timohanlon12

Fysh wrote: »
    If anyone's interested, I've just taken delivery of tape copies of vols 1-5. I'll be copying them over to my computer over the next couple of days to tidy them up and create audio CDs/mp3s out of them. Let me know if you're interested and I'll sort out some way of getting them to you.

(Oh, and thanks to Michael Harrington for sending me the tapes!)

Hi

I had Volume 1 a few years ago but cant find the tape-Do you still have these in MP3 format?Really interested if you still have-please contact me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 petervenn

Hi there, just saw this and I'm very excited that you've managed to secure these tapes. These represent a part of my life during which I worked in Cork City and managed my morning around these spoof calls. I would very much appreciate an opportunity to have access to a copy of them. Please do let me know if/how this can be arranged.

Many thanks - have a great week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cabbage77

@FYSH Hi just seen your post in relation to the Wind ups and wondered if you still have a copy of Volumes 1-5 available? Any assistance would greatly be appreciated :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I loved the one about an M Jackson (Martin) selling his record collection. It was hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

A lot of these old wind ups are now on YouTube, thankfully. Just search for "Mick Mulcahy".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Cabbage77

A lot of these old wind ups are now on YouTube, thankfully. Just search for "Mick Mulcahy".

Unfortunately just can't seem to find the one I'm looking for. My brother was caught out had to preform Elvis Presley's songs "as an audition". He's passed away since :( Would love to hear it again though. I think it was in volume 4 can't for the life of me remember the title.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Email Mick Mulcahy
    Im sure he'd sort you out with a digital copy.

Advertisement