Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is my bike worth?

Options
  • 19-04-2005 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I can't ring anywhere cos my boss is right behind me...anyhoos I have a 2003 Suzuki VanVan with 2900 miles on the clock and in good nick. I now want a cool Dragstar :cool: . How much do you reckon I'd get on a trade in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

class.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

once again you bring your own brand of retarded oddness to a motorbike thread 528i, why fag up a simple question thread?

What did you pay for it new tk123?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It was €3750..oh and it comes with heated grips!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I apologise. I was sure it was a nobjockey :D

Heated grips you say.. any lipstick holders?, ok ok

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

At a guess, if it's very clean with no rust, you'd probably be looking at 2K for it (or slightly less).. Remember, bike shops will always offer you less than it's worth, as they have to re-sell it at a profit.. It's also not been a good year for bike shops, and they're not too keen to have large quantities of 2nd hand bikes in stock.

Your best bet may be to go back to the shop that sold it to you..

• Advertisement

See I would do that but megabikes-boy annoyed me the last time i was in there - funnily enough looking for heated grips!! I said i could get them for €30 onlline he said I was mistaken etc and I told him he was wrong and that I didn't see the point in paying an extra €50 for the Oxford logo when it'd be covered up by my hands!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Finally another female biker. Thought I was the only one here!

BTW - Have a Bandit 600 01 reg for sale. Anyone interested pm me.

Sharon.

Aww 2k!!?? That seems like a waste considering theres nothing wrong with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

hey tk, as krusty said, bike sales are sluggish. I'm trying to shift my bike and looking to take a 2K depreciation on an older bike. I'm guessing you bought new; 3.75K for a 125cc. Anyway the depreciation is most significant in first 2 years. Slows down after that. If you don't want to take the hit again, go for a 2nd hand Dragstar. I'd also agree with Krusty about going back to Megabucks. Ignore the pleb who tried to bleed you dry for the grips, talk to some one else. Mind you most shops would be like that; they don't see you and me as a customer, just a silly sod with a wallet :mad: But a shop you bought the bike from should be trying to retain your custom and offer you a better deal.

Oh I don't know how much a Van Van would be worth. Not many of 'em about. Nothing showing on BikeBuyersGuide.ie either.

Advertisement