Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got WoW..

Options
  • 19-04-2005 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Decided to pick this up today seeing as how its only 40 notes. So far im baffled beyond belief. Seems good but i cant help but feel im waaaaay out of my depth. I killed some stuff, did some quests, gained a few levels, what else is there to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Keep playing, pick some professions, read the manual (it's like a book but has useful basic info), and have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

hey animal, its me general, u quit bfv?, you will if u get addicted to wow like many people i know. they have completely cut off their lives lol. get guild wars, me tjarn nerox firefox valdez ans tons of mates and other people are getting it. there is no monthly fee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

ehhhh tbh it hasnt really impressed me. I dunno, ill keep trying at it but unless it really pulls a rabbit out of a hat i cant see myself renewing it next month :(

if ur not happy with it i bet u can sell it off easily to people on this forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

What server (realm) are you on Animal?

• Advertisement

out pops one of the pro wow players :D

i honestly couldnt tell ya jim, i just let it pick one for me. Ill find out and post it. Just had another game there, it gets a bit better, teamed up with some guy to do a few quests, kinda fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Deadwing,

For the start of the game, alot of it just grinding those levels in so you can become better and stronger and learn how to play your charactor better.

Its the same in any MMORPG. It does get better and better as you become more use to the world around you and where you know what you have to do next and what you need to achieve.

The REAL fun is when you start going full PvP and start hunting down other RL people and have decent competion, thats when the game for me will really go into full swing.

Also you really need to know what server your on, you could be on a PvE server for all you know...you dont want that.

Alot of Irish are one of the servers on both the horde and Alliance side you should go play with them, the game is alot more fun with friends.

If your on Skullcrusher look me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

they have completely cut off their lives lol.

its true :(

but on the up side its worth it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I had the same experience at 1st not ever playing a mmorpg before.The 1st 5 levels i spent wondering around 'grinding' mobs getting lost and feeling a bit single player game like,What i wondered was it all about,the problem is the more you exp the more you want(usually to kill that guy 10lvls above you) to explore.Grouping together made me realise the fun of the game,killing a alliance player felt almost as good as a headshot with a deagle ,Im still a lowly lvl 29 and learning skills etc took a while to get my head around,but persevere because its worth it!
    And as a added bonus you can make a cup of tea without coming back to see youve been killed 5 times:-)

• Advertisement

lol yeah i did that last night actually, wandered off for a cuppa and came back to find i was still alive..a first for any online game ive ever played hehe. But yeah thats exactly the problem i had, it really just felt like a single player game, so ill stik with it and see how much better it gets when you level up, do raids etc etc, thanks all for the advice. And koneko i tried reading that manual last night..dear god i havent seen one as big since F15 strike eagle 2 on the atari ST... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

i'm just installing it at the moment having bought it yesterday on an impulse buy in dundrum on lunch, never played a mmorpg before so a little nervous
    especially having seen the manual !!

You just have to get used to the pace of the game.
    Its not like multiplayer fps or anything where its action all the time.

MMO's are much more laid back, they really only get intense when you do instances and raids (which are enormous fun, did last battle in Uldaman the other day, was quality).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Adam_K

vasch_ro: Run while you still can (away from the game!), unless of course you have self control and can realise whats more important in life when it calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Completly unrelated but just wondering. How long are characters held on your account for? My account still exists but I have not played since February 22nd. I am thinking of playing again during the summer (with friends, even though the idea of going back kinda bores me :confused: )

Any ideas?

i dont think animal would get addicted to wow, he was playin battlefield vietnam today for ages, so i dont think he was that addicted to it lol, bring on guildwars!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Characters usually stay on the server permanently or a year before they are deleted. Not sure which way wow's gone.

lol general i dunno, i spent the rest of the night playin wow..had a good game, just doing quests with a few people, levelling up..argh...it begiiiiiins!!!

Deadwing wrote:
    lol general i dunno, i spent the rest of the night playin wow..had a good game, just doing quests with a few people, levelling up..argh...it begiiiiiins!!!
    Give in Animal. Nam will be a distant memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

BF:V bites the big one anyway :/

• Advertisement

DRakE wrote:
    BF:V bites the big one anyway :/

*thrusts a fork at drake* YOU TAKE THAT BACK!! :D
    I forget the name of the realm in in atm jim, az..something. All i remember is it begins with an 'A'. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I dunno, I just got bored with Wow when I played it because it seems like a SP MMO. I got to 20 and just did not want to play, so let my remaining 20 free days run out.
    Hopefully when I play with friends it will help me to enjoy they game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

At the end of the day, if you don't enjoy it, don't play it, it's not going to be suited to everyone.

BTW, back on topic ya bums

would there be some where or some realm us "just got wow'ers " could meet up or go or something ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

For anyone just starting up, I'm willing to start a character with you on Bladefist horde. I can group with you and show you around. Answer any questions and if you're interested, help you get to level 10.

That is, when I sort out this subscription problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

new players should go to the new servers. they would be the servers with fewest high level players.

That said having someone show u around is handy too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Plus there is a boards horde guild there :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Ivan wrote:
    Plus there is a boards horde guild there :o

There's a large Irish Alliance guild on there aswell - "Dudes"

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

logic1 wrote:
    There's a large Irish Alliance guild on there aswell - "Dudes"

.logic.
    Yes, but the horde guild isn't full of ballet dress wearing skin headed men.

Mostly.

• Advertisement

so is the idea to build ur character up on one of the newbie servers
    then maybe go to the bladefist realm ?

Advertisement