Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacker Trances

Options
  • 19-04-2005 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hiya,

Newbie to the board here.

I was thinking. People who do a lot of programming are known to go into a sort of trance when they're coding. They tend to call it "deep hack mode" (as my ex called it) or "hacker trance" (as I've heard others call it).

I'm just wondering, has anyone experienced it, and if so, have they tried to work with it in a way that others use other trance states? I.e. Any sort of journeying or meditation or spell work while coding (like holding an intent while simultaneously holding the intent to get the program done).

I can imagine it being very very difficult, but I'm just wondering if anyone's ever tried?

Cya,
    Phantom Beaker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I'm just wondering, has anyone experienced it, and if so, have they tried to work with it in a way that others use other trance states?
    You are using it, you're using that state in your craft as a hacker. Mixing intents doesn't work very well, and would break that state. However it does lead quite a few hackers to develop and interest in how altered states are induced and how they can be used.

Advertisement