Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an open-ended DSL Filter, any ideas?

• 19-04-2005 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I can't access the wall mounted phone socket in my house, so I can't put the DSL Filter into it. Does anyone know of a DSL filter that has an open port at both ends, with one end for the line coming from the wall, and the other end for the line to the phone? Basically, what I'm looking for is a filter that doesn't have to be plugged into the wall.

thanks

daz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The dual filter Esat send out have a removable phone cable between the phone socket and the filter. Mabye someone will have a spare one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

You could buy a phone socket in any diy store plug the filter into it & connect a pair of wires out. If you need wires both ends use 2 sockets . Variations of this will suit any application ie Alarm panels etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

beller b wrote:
    You could buy a phone socket in any diy store plug the filter into it & connect a pair of wires out. If you need wires both ends use 2 sockets . Variations of this will suit any application ie Alarm panels etc..
    Or you could join Smart (exchange permitting) and we'll issue you two (read it, two) open ended splitters/ filters by default.

Might be a bit extreme as a solution, but definitely worth it.

Garfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

priceless :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Or you could join Smart (exchange permitting) and we'll issue you two (read it, two) open ended splitters/ filters by default.

Might be a bit extreme as a solution, but definitely worth it.

Garfield.

Garfield surely business cant be that bad? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think this should work: Get a phone socket double adaptor. Plug the line coming from the wall into one of the sockets and the line of the filter into the other. This effectively joins the two of these together. You can ignore the plug terminal on the adaptor as you're not plugging it in anywhere. Simple as that, you've joined your DSL filter to your phone line.

Then plug the DSL modem and phone into the filter and Bob's your uncle.

Advertisement