Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does everyone think of the new Coldplay single?

Options
  • 19-04-2005 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,930 ✭✭✭✭

Was ready to hate it... but actually quite like it!

Definantly not up there with their best... but very very good all the same!

If there's one thing Chris can do - it's making a wailing sound very melodic!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

which is the single?

Heard one and it isn't as guitary as I had hoped... sounds very airy....

other was rather like clocks...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,930 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'Speed Of Sound' is the name of the new single.

A little like 'Clocks'... but just because it's got a pretty strong emphasis on piano throughout!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I like it enough, its nowhere near their best but is enough to make me still want the album. The news stuff is very U2 though i'm not sure if thats the way I want them to go.
    If it wasn't for the 'all that noise and all that sound' bit in the song I probably wouldn't like it but that bit is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,930 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If it wasn't for the 'all that noise and all that sound' bit in the song I probably wouldn't like it but that bit is great.
    Agreed... the song doesn't really come together until that bit.. i presume it's the chorus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

The new Coldplay single? You mean 'Shiver' by Natalie Imbruglia? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement