Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navel Infection.

Options
  • 19-04-2005 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Sorry i'm not sure if this is allowed to be posted here/anywhere.
    Basically my navel is a bit infected.
    Doctor told me this morning that it needs to come out asap.
    She reckoned that if i didnt take it out soon it would needto be surgically removed. that my body was reacting badly to having a foregin body wedged in it.

She offered to remove it for me but i said that id do it myself.
    She said it deffo has to come out.
    but the piercer said it doesnt and the first doc said no need.
    is there anything i can try so as to try and help it heal.
    if it gets worse, i will prob remove i. though that only as a last resort.
    thanks.
    jessie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

she gave my antibiotic for ear infection.. im bathing it in sea salt and boiled water and savlon.
    not lookin up yet. she said the hole wont heal.
    its not very sore as such. just tingly. and i have to keep moving the ball part out of my tummy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Ah god sounds bad good luck anyway,i really think you should take it out

thank you so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

bedlam wrote:
    It is quite worrying the amount of doctors who will not give the soundest advice when it comes to piercings.

Not really surprising at all, when it comes to putting foreign bodies into yourself for fun doctors dont have much understanding for the art. When it comes to seeing someone who can easily rectify an infection simply by removing the jewellery that is the advice that they will give in almost 100% of cases.
    It makes sense really.

bedlam wrote:
    No, it does not make sense, removing the jewellery can result in bigger problems so the obvious course of action would be to clear up the infection not remove it and hope it goes away. More and more people are getting body piercings, which means that more and more doctors are going to be contacted at the first sign of a problem. As with most things there is a constant learning process when being a doctor, it is time the old fashioned "you silly boy/girl why did you stick that into your body, if you dont remove it your head will fall off" sort of attitued was left behind.
    i agree with that because the doctor new i was a bit upset about having to take it out. she said dont worry, we all do silly things when we're young, and you learn from your mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Do NOT remove the jewelery!
    If you remove the jewlery you will leave a bigger gap open and the infection will spread. Head straight to your piercer to get the best advice really but keep it in until then. This will teach you to clean your piercings anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

do not touch!! i got my hand (physicaly) slapped when i went to touch my belly bar after it had been periced!

I was told of all the bacteria that can be on your hands(a public toilet is cleaner)

wash your hands with anti bacterial wash before you go to clean the peircing! used cooled boiled salt water

GaRtH_V wrote:
    This will teach you to clean your piercings anyway
    i keep my piercings clean!
    the girl i got to pierce it said it was possibly over cleaned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

over cleaned?
    you cant overclean a piercing.....
    You can keep cleaning a piercing until you take away all the blood that enables it to clot and heal but that would just prolong the healing process

when i was talking to the piercer this morning she said that twice daily was enough to bathe it unless peircing is exposed to dirt, sweat or bodidly fluids.
    she also recommended i take zinc.
    i was bathing it 4 times daily

• Advertisement

which "she" are we talking about?

*Page* wrote:
    which "she" are we talking about?
    piercer said that i shold take zinc. doctor was adament it was to come out

no i mean who was the piercer?
    from which salon/studio?