Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Schools

Options
  • 19-04-2005 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I would just like to know your experiences of the different business schools in UCD, DCU, UCC, UL & WIT. I know that UCD seems to have the best reputation but are there others that are known to be bad? I would b very interested in UCC and DCU since they offer Accounting Degrees. Any info u have would be great. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

In my experience of job hunting with them as a graduate very few places care about them.

However as the MACC that you're looking for is slightly diff as it is essentially a condensed Accountancy qual preparing you for the professional qualifications. Which is well considered and by all accounts prepares you well for those exams. But realistically it may be the reflected glory of the professional qual that cause the Masters to be well considered.

As for further into your career I obviously amn't sure yet. I'm pessimistic at the moment though.

The Smurfit accountancy lads work their arses off and are well prepared for those exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Irishstudent

Hey,

Not doing an MACC but doing a Masters in UCD. It can be expensive so take that into account when comparing with UCC etc.., but UCD/Smurfit tends to have higher numbers of applicants reaching the final rounds of job interviews..whether they get the jobs or not is another matter. So i would recommend to visit the schools and take into account the registration fees before deciding.

Hope this helps and best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

well if you are looking into professional qualifications like ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc. and wanna gonna take degrees/certs as path to your qualifications, make sure your choice of degrees/certs are recognised by those professional bodies. ring them (professional bodies) and they will be able to tell you what papers you are entitled to for exemptions. so you can save time to progress to the final level of these professional qualifications.

Advertisement