Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality ireland-new Irish gay rights org.

Options
  • 19-04-2005 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Equality Ireland is a new grouping whose primary aim is to promote equality for LGBT people. We hope to work in all areas of equality facing the gay community; in particular, we aim to campaign for political recognition for same-sex unions, in order to proactively bring about equality. We are in the process of devising our policy document to set out formally our specific aims, and are seeking input from like minded and interested individuals.

There are a number of reasons why we feel the creation of such a group is important:

1) We aim to be a national organisation; to this end, we would very much like to hear from any organisations or individuals that would be interested in helping us organise meetings at various locations around the country. We would like to make Equality Ireland as representative as possible of views within the LGBT community so we can speak and campaign with one voice.
    2) We are open to everyone; this organisation is still in its infancy, and we are very much open to other people’s opinions. We aim to be a grassroots organisation, as representative as possible.
    3) We intend to be very focussed on equality regardless of sexual orientation, as a natural evolution of the ethos of the Equal Status Act.

We welcome any questions or comments from anyone wanting more info, and should you wish to contact us, we would be delighted to discuss any issues and listen to your opinions. We can’t do this on our own, we need all people with an interest in LGBT issues to come together. The 1990’s saw a huge advancement in the treatment of gay people under Irish law, and it is our intention to build on that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 limk-boy

hey everyone,

as per my above post, I really think it's about Irish LGBTs starting speaking with one voice. I really would encourage anyone and evryone to lend a hand; we have lots of things planned, but we can only do this if everyone gets involved.

Also, we'd like to hear from people from outside Dublin, as we'd like to start organising some meetings to get feedback from people. if anyone is interested in helping us organise meetings, or just want more inof, email info@equalityireland.org, or post on our forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

What forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Server not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement