Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morrison speaks out!

• 19-04-2005 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

from teamtalk.com : Drop was kick in teeth - CM

But he said: "I am frustrated. I felt I formed a great partnership with Emile Heskey. We were creating chances for each other and also scoring goals.

"I had a run of four games in a row where I scored, and things were going well. But then all of a sudden you get dropped. It's a kick in the teeth, and you start to wonder what is happening.

"I'm not saying Steve Bruce hasn't got faith in me, and he wants me to sign a new contract and stay at Birmingham - but I just want to play games, and I am frustrated.

"However, you won't hear me moaning or sounding off, which I might have been guilty of in the past. Sometimes in the past I've opened my mouth too much.

"All I can do is prove to the manager that I should be playing whenever I do get an opportunity.".....

Morrison on the same boat as Keane.. hes not getting picked and rumours of Pandiani going to join in the summer... its time to go lad.. he turned down a loan move to sunderland in january. maybe he join them in the summer?

what do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

He needs to be playing every week and he won't get that at birmingham. Sunderland would be a good move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Steve bruce has shafted him in all fairness. Everytime he gets in the team and starts to score a few goals, Bruce goes looking for a new striker and instantly drops him.
    He would be a great link-up striker for any team from 20th-4th in the premiership.

He needs to get out of Birmingham and make a move to another Premiership team this summer.

What manager in their right mind breaks up a partnership that had scored eight goals in six games?

makes no sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

evilhomer wrote:
    What manager in their right mind breaks up a partnership that had scored eight goals in six games?

makes no sense to me.

Join the club!!! not sure what Bruce is at.....the team have been pretty sh*t most of the season and I dont see it getting any better with the combination of Heskey/Pandaini(sp)....how many has Pandaini got so far? also how many has Heskey got in his whole career? haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Time to go Clint. He needs a manager that gives him confidence and Mc Carticus defintely gives his players lots of confidence and self belief. He can partner Elliott which would be great for us too !

I just worry about his level of fitness for the game against Israel, hopefully the celtic game before hand will be of some use

Will prob go to Sunderland....Steward said he wont sign a new contract if Sunderland get into PL because he doesnt feel he is up to it at his age anymore.....will free up money for McCarthy! I would say Steward is on big wages(personal opinion) because he was signed when still in PL......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

sunderland would be a great move for clint and for ireland , its quiet obvious that mccarty has plenty of respect and confidence in clints abilty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

ziggy67 wrote:
    Morrison said "However, you won't hear me moaning or sounding off, which I might have been guilty of in the past. Sometimes in the past I've opened my mouth too much."

Eh, Clinton what would you call that interview??
    It'd take a bit more to get up to the standards he set a couple of months ago:

"I'd been ill and hadn't trained for a week, and I'd been out of the team for three weeks before that, so I wasn't sharp. I got cramp before half-time as well. But I'm not one to make excuses."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

he should go to sunderland join the ireland b team they have going over there

he should go to sunderland join the ireland b team they have going over there

Ireland B team? I think they have 2 Irish players who are regular starters! Breen and Eliott....everyone else is in reserves or injuryed!!!

Sean Thornton: Thornton has played a bit-part role for Sunderland this season.
    http://www.safc.com/team/?page_id=2623&player_id=36

Colin Healy: Healy is currently working his way back to full fitness.
    http://www.safc.com/team/?page_id=2623&player_id=58

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I think its another case of Heskey having pictures of his manager in a few compromising positions with whoever because there is no other reason why Heskey is a premiership footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eirebhoy wrote:
    It'd take a bit more to get up to the standards he set a couple of months ago:

"I'd been ill and hadn't trained for a week, and I'd been out of the team for three weeks before that, so I wasn't sharp. I got cramp before half-time as well. But I'm not one to make excuses."

:D Brilliant!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Isn't this old news? I thought he said all this weeks ago??

Anyway, he has to go, as does Robbie. There comes a stage when if your manager stops giving you chances despite the fact you're currently the best man for the job (as was Robbie and Clinto when they were starting) you've got to stop giving your manager chances to figure it out, and go somewhere where your services will be used.

Clinto to Sunderland. Robbie to Newcastle/Villa/'Borough/Everton/Liverpool/Celtic and while we're at it, McGeady to AC Milan... for de laf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Morrison probably would be better off moving but maybe Robbie has a future with spurs as he's done the best thing he could in repaying starts with goals in his last two games. Sooner or later Jol has to see Defoe and Robbie are the way to go. Kanoute realy isn't great and Mido is still pretty unproven in PL despite his amazing debut..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

I think Morrison really will need to make a move, Bruce just does not seem to favour him, Sunderland could be the right move for him alright, at least he will be playing regualrly and Ireland will need their forwards to be playing in the run in to the WC.
    And I agree Robbie should stick with Spurs, they are not a bad team and getting better, if he continues to score whem he plays the manager will play him more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

~Rebel~ wrote:
    maybe Robbie has a future with spurs as he's done the best thing he could in repaying starts with goals in his last two games. Sooner or later Jol has to see Defoe and Robbie are the way to go. Kanoute realy isn't great and Mido is still pretty unproven in PL despite his amazing debut..

Jol's current philosophy on his strikers.
    Jol said: "I like to play with Kanoute and Defoe or Keane - but Defoe and Keane are still very good players."

Keane and Defoe played together against crystal palace, but had little effect together. they are not able to challenge for the ball in the air and don't seem to understand each others movement.

Advertisement