Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For anyone interested in an 8 String

• 19-04-2005 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Click Here.

Honestly didn't imagine I'd be seeing one for sale, but sure look at that!

I'd nearly consider buying it myself, but seeing as I'm after ordering my BC Rich custom, doesn't look like an option.
    Oh well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Jeez, i really feel sorry for that guy. Probably his only ever time to own something so unique and it has to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 eddie-fandangle

HAHAHA eight strings jeez in i was giving out about people using scalloped fretboards but this takes the biscuit jesus what is the world coming to. why doesnt he just buy a ****in bass if he wants it that low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

It doesnt have to be low - there are more possibilities with 7 and 8 strings than just downtuning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

why doesnt he just buy a ****in bass if he wants it that low

Maybe because he can't swap to a bass mid-song? Kinda would've been the obvious thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

F*ck if I had money, I'd buy it.
    Can't imagine how much of a ballache it would be to play though. Could my fingers reach the two extra things? I wonder...

Friggin' awesome piece of kit though. I'd rather have a rosewood or ebony fretboard though. The maple really puts me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

HAHAHA eight strings
    Ever heard of Meshuggah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 eddie-fandangle

Ever heard of Meshuggah?

you say that as if you were talking about a good band. like mustiane said if ya cant do it on six strings then why bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Like Robert Johnson said if you can't do it on acoustic why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

like mustiane said if ya cant do it on six strings then why bother

Oh well in THAT case, I must abandon any things of ever having a guitar with more than six strings. Just because Mustaine said so. You know, lets make guitars with more than six strings illeagal! Because, Mustaine doesn't think there's need. I guess Dream Theater, Morbid Angel, and loads of other bands will have to abandon their guitars, and re-write all their songs... Just because Mustaine thinks you don't need more than six strings.

For christ sakes... :rolleyes:

Advertisement