Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD in one word

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Multifarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

Ductile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭almostagassi

kasintahan wrote:
    I've spent the last 5 hours getting drunk with hot nerds.

Where does that fit in?

who cares, its last day on friday. usually one of the best days of the year. my last goal for ucd is to fall asleep in the bar, wake up and start drinking again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Summary thus far...

We, the posters to the UCD board (and I assume at least some of us are actually attending UCD!!!) think the one word that best describes our University is...

Fantastic
    University
    Airport
    Cold
    Foreboding
    Deadly
    Grey
    Losers
    Stalinist
    Sociable
    Factory
    Nuclear Bunker
    Mother****ing
    Durable
    Wet
    Sh*te
    Developing
    Fun
    Isolating
    Lonely
    Sh1thole
    Stressful
    Concrete
    Fortress
    What u make it
    Huge
    Multifarious
    Ductile

I for one think this says a lot about the way we think about UCD. I have no deep and profound thoughts about what this all means, but I'm sure it all means something deep and profound!!!

My 2cents is that I think UCD is a fantastic University. I have been studying here for almost 2 years now (currently in the thesis phase of my Masters) and I have really enjoyed my time here, learned lots, and met lots of interesting people. I might think of UCD differently than some of you guys because I am a bit older, and have a car to go home every evening (I have done the cold, lonely, hungover, hungry, bedsit thing some years ago in IT Athlone as a full-time student). Granted, some of the lecturers in UCD should NEVER be allowed to lecture again (they are useless fcekers... cant teach and have no interest), but these wasters are balanced by other lecturers who are interested in teaching and have the ability and willingness to help and challenge students.

I will genuinely be sad to be leaving this Summer, but at least I know my 2 years here has given me a really good Masters Degree and has made me look at the world in a different way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

And more power to you gandalf23....

ucd=far

not quite a student in a bedsit but an hr&half treck (occasionally 2 hrs) to and from college everyday, via 2 buses, is a bit disheartening...especially when you run out of battery power on your discman :eek: but other than that its grand..I'd defny go with almostagassi "whatumakeit"...then isn't that what life is...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Alana wrote:
    And more power to you gandalf23....

not quite a student in a bedsit but an hr&half treck (occasionally 2 hrs) to and from college everyday, via 2 buses, is a bit disheartening...especially when you run out of battery power on your discman

yea i can def relate to that, the horror of the bus, but at least its almost summer and those pesky primary school kids won't need driving to school,

always **** though when the batteries die...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lucky_Devil

Everyone missed out the most important word to describe the UCD experience...

Drunken

Cromulent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Trinity-lite :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

seamus wrote:
    University.
    College - 'cos it's not a university

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

distorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Filthy - In a bad way!

Was in ucd today at 9am and all around the forum area and i think the student centre were thosands of empty cans, wine bottles and plastic cups along with lots of other rubbish. I know it was end of term yesterday but has anyone ever heard of a bin?or better, a recycling area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

too far away. one word: isolated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Sarn

Entertaining

University - An institution for higher learning with teaching and research facilities constituting a graduate school and professional schools that award master's degrees and doctorates and an undergraduate division that awards bachelor's degrees.

College - An institution of higher learning that grants the bachelor's degree in liberal arts or science or both.
    An undergraduate division or school of a university offering courses and granting degrees in a particular field.

Sorry, couldn't help myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

naked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Filthy - In a bad way!

Was in ucd today at 9am and all around the forum area and i think the student centre were thosands of empty cans, wine bottles and plastic cups along with lots of other rubbish. I know it was end of term yesterday but has anyone ever heard of a bin?or better, a recycling area?

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Filthy - In a bad way!

Kev aren't you in Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

"National University of Ireland - University College Dublin"

not really much ambiguity here....

educational (and not just in the academic sense hehehe)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

kasintahan wrote:

Where does that fit in?

hot nerds?????
    care to elaborate???

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

SHíthole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

larryone wrote:
    hot nerds?????
    care to elaborate???

It was another UCD boardsie pissup.
    We drank faaaar too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

SHíthole
    Jealous. :D

Kev aren't you in Trinity?

yes i am.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.ucd.ie/aboutucd.htm
    The constitution of UCD dates from 1908 when it received its charter and was incorporated as a constituent college of the National University of Ireland.
    UCD and the Universities Act 1997
    University College Dublin is one of the seven Irish Universities recognised under the Universities Act 1997
    OMG /my bad - missed that - it's actually been a university for 7 whole years !

C Midnight did u actually not know UCD was a University?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Filthy - In a bad way!

Don't be a hater cos you're jealous of the aftermath of end of year drunken MADNESS!

Trinity ball - Dirty piss up.

hmm, which would i choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The free one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

kasintahan wrote:

oxymoron?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I wonder what would have happened if there had been a similar thread to this on the Trinity boards...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement