Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northside attitudes vs Southside attitudes.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

TBH i was born on the southside and have been living in terenure all my life and i think at the end of the day were all dubs, and every area has scumbags, (3 of them live next door to me). I do have to agree D4's are the snobbiest and always look down on other people. Apart from all of us having daddy's car, i can only at the moment afford a scooter with a high insurance premium which i scrape to afford, i have worked in houses in foxrock and in D4 where cars were given to the sons and daughters when they were 17, fully taxed and insured.
    At the end of it all me personaly i dont disciminate between northsiders and southsiders
    but one thing i know is there will always be scumbags around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hardstuff

Stereotypes of Dublin... God they're stupid. Both the North and South sides have their rich and knacker areas. Look at Ballymun and Tallaght (No offense to people from either place). And where I'm from in the Northside is known as a "rich" place. Though the people aren't arrogant like Dublin 4.

It's just stupid to stereotype people because of where they're from. If someone from the Southside called me a "knacker" or a "scumbag", well... I'd do the "North Dublin" thing and punch him in the face <_<

I mean, I have boggers telling me the above, it get's annoying. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

In all fairness all us dubs hate those dirty cork boggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hardstuff

Yes, and do not forget the people from the other 30 counties...
    Pfft, why hate eachother? (Us Dubs that is) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Ah sure the dubs thing is all a laugh, neither side ever really takes it to heart. (in my experience)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I think we should arrange for a massive scrap on O'Connell bridge, southside vs northside, and settle this **** once and for all. Brian O'Driscoll will lead us southsiders, Christy Dignam from Aslan will lead you scummers. No holds barred.

We'll have to watch the nortside cavalry charge with their well trained piebalds, but we can counter with our Shamrock Rovers berserkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Club 92 - The Club Of Love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

If you cant accept that there are a hell of alot of pricks on the Southside, then you must be one :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Kernel wrote:
    I think we should arrange for a massive scrap on O'Connell bridge, southside vs northside, and settle this **** once and for all. Brian O'Driscoll will lead us southsiders, Christy Dignam from Aslan will lead you scummers. No holds barred.

We'll have to watch the nortside cavalry charge with their well trained piebalds, but we can counter with our Shamrock Rovers berserkers.

that'd be weird, o'driscoll is a northsider, can you not get a southsider to lead ye into battle? typical!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

anyone think that this is becoming old news?
    i'm from northside and am about to buy an apt southside to be near work, I know piles of people from college etc, some really stuck up southsiders some stuck up northsiders and most of them are either still living at home with their folks or are living westside or god forbid in Meath and Kildare cos even with Daddy's money for a deposit they still can't afford a place on the Southside.

People now live wherever is affordable, whether thats in a 'up and coming' part of D12, in the north inner city or westside. Everyone knows this now and in 10 years I think there will be very little north/southside stuff left.

Besides even at the moment some of the worst areas of Dublin are South of the river..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would say a better way to describe this city is Northside,Southside and Westside

CCCP^ wrote:
    If you cant accept that there are a hell of alot of pricks on the Southside, then you must be one :)

Nah, I'm not a prick. Are you? You must be if you've never met anyone sound from the southside. :rolleyes:

daveym wrote:
    that'd be weird, o'driscoll is a northsider, can you not get a southsider to lead ye into battle? typical!!

Haha, I knew someone would jump on that one. I was just taking the piss out of the D4 propensity to glorify rugby, and O'Driscoll. ;)

All the nice people I know from the Southside hail from the sticks. To be honest, I do know some people from the Southside if Ballyfermot and beyond fits into that definition. Otherwise no. And I come from Portlaoise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Isn't Drico from Blackrock? He went to Blackrock College...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NCIRL

Brian O Driscoll went to Blckrock College but was grew up on the Northside and still lives on the Northside in Clontarf , He played for Clontarf rugby GAA and soccer growing up.

I would also like to say i wish we would stop his NS-SS divide we are all Dubs and both sides hav nice and bad areas.

Jocks!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

The bitterness of the poor amazes me.....

It's all jealously.

daRobot wrote:
    The bitterness of the poor amazes me.....

It's all jealously.

Soon I shall claim all that you own from your cold, lifeless hands. Workers of the World, Unite!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

cheesedude wrote:
    Jocks!!!!!!!!

Povo!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 koala

south side has car shops and clinics, the north side is the place to be, you get a bad reputation from being on the northside

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

NCIRL wrote:
    Brian O Driscoll went to Blckrock College but was grew up on the Northside and still lives on the Northside in Clontarf , He played for Clontarf rugby GAA and soccer growing up.

I would also like to say i wish we would stop his NS-SS divide we are all Dubs and both sides hav nice and bad areas.

go Clontarf! :D
    i don't get the whole NS/SS deal.. I'm from the NS but I go to school on the SS and my bf lives on the SS. everyone is a stereotype no matter where you're from!

i was invited into town with my friend from Santry, she's in my school, she invited all her friends as it was her birthday. most of them were from Donnybrook, they're in my school so i know them..

quoting them walking from UGC to Stephen's Grn (with their Raulph Lauren bags of course)

'loike OMFG, the Ilac centre, I am SO not going in there, the place is full of knacks and skobies! I have not been in there before and I'm not going in there EVER!'

my friend from Drumcondra and I started taking the piss outta them..

'oh no, we're on O'Connell bridge, NO MAN'S LAND! is it northside or southside??'

once they hit Grafton St.. 'thank focking god, there's BT's'
    at this point they rang upto the shop window!

laughed my ass off that day! :p

Yeah you get those type of girls...i personally love them...there hot and stuck up. Playing them is a great way to get a confidence booster. but yeah, rock on!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

cheesedude wrote:
    Yeah you get those type of girls...i personally love them...there hot and stuck up. Playing them is a great way to get a confidence booster. but yeah, rock on!

well not trying to sound like a biotch.. but... they are not hot. i'm not saying this personally, if you asked other people i'm sure they would say the same. a tash on a girl is not attractive, well imho! :p

Yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i hate that rich daddys girl talk, FFS im not going into the illac center sh1t, put a gun to there head and they'll even say oh that gun is'nt gold "im not going to be shot at from a normal gun", they have to have the best, people like that have really dependant lifes, because if daddys money ran they would be ruined, and we will be all laughing at them.
    if they wanna talk like there from LA then they should live in LA.
    Fookers

Well accept it, I hate ****ing addicts going around with prams talking like they are "tha ****" as they try and find their next fix...to be honest, i prefer the daddy's girls even though I dislike both types...so you should just accept it or else get a flamethrower and burn all the scum this city has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Why should a dubliner care for anything outside the M50 ring? As long as we ignore the scumbags and horsepeople within it we'll be grand.

To be completely honest, there is a massive cultural difference within Dublin. It is the people who are tolerable of both types that are the people that actually get anywhere....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 anz

'loike OMFG, the Ilac centre, I am SO not going in there'

'once they hit Grafton St.. 'thank focking god, there's BT's'
    at this point they rang upto the shop window!'

I have personally never been in that shopping centre either, can anyone explain 2 me why would someone go in there when theres BTs and Stephens Green SC?!? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement