Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northside attitudes vs Southside attitudes.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

anz wrote:
    'loike OMFG, the Ilac centre, I am SO not going in there'

'once they hit Grafton St.. 'thank focking god, there's BT's'
    at this point they rang upto the shop window!'

I have personally never been in that shopping centre either, can anyone explain 2 me why would someone go in there when theres BTs and Stephens Green SC?!? :confused:

I hope you're taking the piss..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pearl666

northsiders-don't take ****. not afraid to say what needs to be said..well I'm not anyways.

southsiders-stuck up, inmmature, can;t do things themselfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Pearl666 wrote:
    northsiders-don't take ****. not afraid to say what needs to be said..well I'm not anyways.

southsiders-stuck up, inmmature, can;t do things themselfs.

Yeah...you are clearly the educated one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 anz

I hope you're taking the piss..

No im not taking the piss. from the outside it does not luk like its worthwile going into what can you get in there that you cant get in BTs or Dundrum etc???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pearl666

cheesedude wrote:
    Yeah...you are clearly the educated one. :rolleyes:

well.....one I gave my opinion on a question asked. well of what I think it means anyways. 2. everyone has their own say in it..and if mines wrong..meh what can ya do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

em why don't you venture over some day, just to see if you can find your way.
    Stephen's Green lacks good clothes shops, but is good for an old moze around banna tree or perhaps asha oe celestial ring if i'm feeling adventurous
    but then again whats temple bar for?
    outside of that, jervis and roches have EVERYTHING!
    why would you shop in bt2, everything there is grossly overpriced, and its not like it HASN'T been stiched together by poor Indonesian street children, i'd still feel just as guilty because its just more money going into corporate hands.
    but then again, why would you care, the blond hair dye has probably eaten into your skull and killed your conscience. or maybe that was daddys money.
    (sorry, i'm in the bitter barn at the mo!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

anz wrote:
    No im not taking the piss. from the outside it does not luk like its worthwile going into what can you get in there that you cant get in BTs or Dundrum etc???

I think you are taking the piss... you misspelled 'Dalkey' as 'Dalky' in your location.... :rolleyes:

Kernel wrote:
    I think you are taking the piss... you misspelled 'Dalkey' as 'Dalky' in your location.... :rolleyes:
    o yeah, that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭*Sassy*

anz wrote:
    No im not taking the piss. from the outside it does not luk like its worthwile going into what can you get in there that you cant get in BTs???

I wasn't going to bother replying to this thread since the last stupid reply I got, but I had to pass comment on the shopping situation.

Hi, I'm Sassy, and I'm a shopaholic. I don't discriminate against NS or SS when it comes to shopping! But at a push I would favour the Henry St area over the Grafton St. Area for shops. There is a MUCH better selection of shops there. As for the Ilac centre, it is being revamped and will have lots of new shops (H&M coming soon). You can get most labels from BT2's in Arnotts and other shops. Plus you've got the following that aren't on Grafton St:

Dune
    Faith
    Topshop
    Zara
    Jane Norman
    G Star
    Mango
    Pull and Bear
    Morgan

the list goes on.....

Oh and btw, the southsiders who have posted on this thread haven't done much to break down the stereotypes of them. In fact, they've made them even worse IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

where's pull & bear?

• Advertisement

Roches, first floor. Beside Springfield, G Star, Levis etc.

Sassy, you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Helzeena

Usually I find Southsiders really f^cking annoying. Most girls are skinny little blonde sluts and then the guys are ugly arrogant pricks. Everytime I'm over there I feel really unwelcome. The girls stare the ass of you and the guys think they can get a piece of this hot momma. I feel like running the stupid f^ckers over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Helzeena

But of course there are also some genuine nice people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Johnson

I'm a southsider (Live in Foxrock, went to a private school in D6), but in college the people I get on best with are from the Northside. That's not to say I don't get on with people from the soutside in my class, I do, and of course I still hang out with my southside friends from secondary school. Basically, if you're not up your own arse, people will generally get on with you.

As for shopping in Grafton St v Henry St, I tend to shop a lot more in the Henry St area, purely because you seem to get better value and variety there.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

Ah lads....that's it!! I live on the WESTSIDE of Dublin!! There's no way in hell I'm going to be associated with the southsiders on this thread.

Westside, wha? :p

(And quite clearly the northside of town is the better side for the shopping, apart from the Square ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

eefs wrote:
    (And quite clearly the northside of town is the better side for the shopping, apart from the Square ;))

No question. Jervis, Ilac, Henry St. all the way... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭melancholymaidn

im from the northside but its often assumed im from the southside an ive never figured out why! im a down to earth person and definately far from the d4 persona and style that seems to be slated! its always confused me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

im from the northside but its often assumed im from the southside an ive never figured out why!
    If you don't sound like a skanger, then southsiders assume that you couldn't possibly be from the northside... such is the strength of the stereotype.
    I actually had that at my last interview... "So you've lived there all your life? :confused: ... you don't sound like you're from the northside... :confused:"
    I swear to God I could have bottled him right there and then... maybe then he'd believe it.
    Although in fairness to him, he was a thick inbred bogger... so I blame the idiots who filled his mutton head with this rubbish in the first place.

i] ... you don't sound like you're from the northside... :confused:[/i]"

see how exactly do ya SOUND like a northsider? ok i know the ''shwaaah break your face bud'' thing is a stereotype northside trait and im not sure why...seeing as a lot of the people with these accents live in the more upmarket areas- howth and malahide to name but a few! the accents are quite obviously put on for an image, seeming hard to their mates or whatever but then when they get home to their parents they often speak all proper! i always wondered why this was so common on the northside and not on the southside? its not like its a local accent its just one some people seem to put on, mainly people from north of the liffey! odd stuff.....

• Advertisement

i always wondered why this was so common on the northside and not on the southside?
    I haven't experienced that really, except maybe for this one time myself and a friend took a bus from town over to Tallaght (*cough southside*)... sitting on the top deck towards the back of the bus, some joint-smoking skanger lights up and starts making conversation... my friend puts on this really badly done Dublin accent "naaw man oi' don' touch de' stuff" ... just so he'd blend in I suppose.

just so he'd blend in I suppose.

*baaaaaaaaaaaaaa*

im too sleepy to put anything else-i think that just bout sums up the attitude of so many people in dublin!

Well tbh, this same guy had been the victim of several muggings... so it wasn't a thing about looking cool, it was more a defense mechanism.

ok fair enough :) another thing-i have never been mugged by somebody without a knacker accent (taking into account i have been mugged 5times-i hate dublin city sometimes....) is it part of the mugging criteria? apart from the whole intimidation and general scum of it all... ive never had anyone come up to me and say ''hi dahhhling, care to give me your phone and all your money?'' ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭axtradub12

All the Holy Mary's & Holy Joe's live on the Northside. Just Dubs live on the Southside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭axtradub12

Dubliners tend to lose their accents quicker than country people when they go to the UK.

axtradub12 wrote:
    All the Holy Mary's & Holy Joe's live on the Northside.
    What's a "Holy Mary"? (or "Holy Joe" for that matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Religious folk I believe. Or charitable as the term has developed recently.

• Advertisement

axtradub12 wrote:
    All the Holy Mary's & Holy Joe's live on the Northside. Just Dubs live on the Southside :D

What a completely moronic statement.

And melancholymaidn, how in the HELL have you managed to get mugged 5 times???? That is pretty bad in fairness. The words 'clueless' and 'sucker' immediately spring to mind...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement