Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips for Betfred Gold Cup?

• 20-04-2005 3:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Personally i would have thought Royal Auclair or Zetas River but im not that good at this. :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Im going with Jack High personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Morgans

Am thinking of having one of my biggest bets of the year on Jack High. I think the Irish national form is rock solid, has a fantastic weight, but he is a bit of a monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I'd consider Iris Bleu for a place if McCoy is on him, Jack High possibly but I'll make my final decision when the market shows a little more action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

Hi, I'm gonna be puttin a bet on the gold cup tomorrow and want some advice. Can I put a bet on for a horse to simply place i.e. not each way? Here's an example of what I mean. Oh, and is that the way I'd fill it out? Thanks.

Sandown 3.15

Inca Trail

E20 place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Just to let you know PP is doing a moneyback special:
    If your horse finishes second to Kelami in this race we'll refund your losing single stake.
    Kelami is the current FAV, so I think that represents a good deal.

I'll let you know tomorrow who I opt for.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

smoke wrote:
    Hi, I'm gonna be puttin a bet on the gold cup tomorrow and want some advice. Can I put a bet on for a horse to simply place i.e. not each way? Here's an example of what I mean. Oh, and is that the way I'd fill it out? Thanks.

Sandown 3.15

Inca Trail

E20 place
    You can place horses on Betfair (and possibly other exchanges) but everywhere else all you can do is e/w. Inca Trail is currently 2.28 to be places. Therefore if you put €20 place on and it finished in the top 4 you get €45 back. A profit of €25.

Jack High is currently 20/1 on Betfair! Surely those odds will drop so I've put €4 on it. You've sold him to me lads. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Morgans

ground gone against Jack High, unless the spitting rain they are having at Sandown gets into the ground. Joly Bey is still well handicapped. There my tow against the field. With Azertyuiop fancied to win the Celebration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Purely on form Kelami looks rock solid and is a worthy favourite. The value in the race has to be Juveigneur, I've just backed him at 20's on Betfair, he is a you improving horse who is very lightly raced, exactly the sort of profile you would want at this time of year. He has done nothing wrong in his races this year.

My thoughts exactly, was reading around last night and Juveigneur should have solid place claims.

I also like Kelami at 9/2 on PP, I can't see him going higher than that, infact I hope he doesn't go higher.

So Kelami (I'm going to go EW, so if he places it's a saver, he MUST place), and Juveigneur e/w...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

masterK wrote:
    Purely on form Kelami looks rock solid and is a worthy favourite. The value in the race has to be Juveigneur, I've just backed him at 20's on Betfair, he is a you improving horse who is very lightly raced, exactly the sort of profile you would want at this time of year. He has done nothing wrong in his races this year.

yeah mick fitz is on the stat this morning talking very positively about juveigneur. but i think i might go with kelami especially at 9/2. i thought he would be shorter than that this morning.

so when you place, you get different odds and the horse has to finish 1,2,3 and maybe 4?

• Advertisement

Well Kelami actually seems to be going out to 9/2 all over, if he reaches 11/2 I'll start to worry a little

They're paying 1/4 for 1,2,3 & 4... If he finishes top 4, you'll break even.

i can remember being told here and in paddy powers that when paddy power returns if your horse finishes second to in this case kelami, that it was a bad sign.

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

i can remember being told here and in paddy powers that when paddy power returns if your horse finishes second to in this case kelami, that it was a bad sign.

??

damn it anyway i've backed kelami and its the "kiss of death" when pp give money back if your horse comes second to whoever they name. :mad:

Thanks Eirebhoy.
    Went in the bookies this morning before I saw your post and they told me the same thing you did.

I went for Jack High at 12/1. I think he has a very good chance of claiming if the going is soft, I dont know what it actually is like at the moment though. If he does win I'll be 810 euro the richer, come on da Jack high!!!

Oh, I like Contraband 14/1 at the 2.35 aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

damn it anyway i've backed kelami and its the "kiss of death" when pp give money back if your horse comes second to whoever they name. :mad:

This week they have paid out on a good few times in this instance.

Well they're offering 5/1 on him now, which is very generous. The 5/1 on betfair is all gone.

I've gone for Yes Sir in the 1st and Well Chief in the second. And of course my selections in this. Hopefully something comes in.

yeah i went for kelami got him at 5/1 too.

I got Kelami 9/2, but to be honest he hasn't a hope, I've gotten 2/2 (8/1 Yes Sir, 2/1 Well Chief) so far today, no chance for Kelami in the 3rd...

I'd lay him off if I had have used betfair

Best of luck to everyone for the rest of the day...

royal auclair down at the first

jack high gets it

• Advertisement

Some days racing.
    Fair play those who chose Jack High, mightily impressive. I had the 2nd and 3rd... would be minted this evening if Juveigneur had won it, not to worry.

Put in 10euro last weekend, up to 64.27 :)

Not a bad return :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

chump wrote:
    I've gone for Yes Sir in the 1st and Well Chief in the second. And of course my selections in this. Hopefully something comes in.
    Healio wrote:
    Im going with Jack High personally.

Excellent choices lads, Well done. Had Well Cheif and Juveigneur. Good end to the English season and Im glad for Ted Walsh.

Fair play to Jack High and Cotter. I made 810 profit. :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

I forgot to put my bets down on the Betfred GC. Damn it, coulda used the cash!

Advertisement