Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrix code

Options
  • 20-04-2005 6:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I wanna get a kind of tear tattooed on my arm and inside it as it were, a few lines of matrix code in green on a black background but tattooist I spoke to was very negative about it... said too much detail etc... but it would be ok with bigger code maybe? Anyone any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

have you seen the 2 sequels yet? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

who007 wrote:
    I wanna get a kind of tear tattooed on my arm and inside it as it were, a few lines of matrix code in green on a black background but tattooist I spoke to was very negative about it... said too much detail etc... but it would be ok with bigger code maybe? Anyone any ideas??

Sounds like a messy blurfest when you have it a few years which is why the artist was negative I suspect.
    I'd say for a biomech style skin rip, check with Dim in Snakebite, he might look at doing something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Are you sure you want that? Wait a while and go back to the design to make sure you really really want it. If the tattoo artist was against it surely he would of given you an alternative no?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Ruhan

That sort of tattoo will 'date' very quickly.

It'll be seen as a fad tattoo, and you'll get booed offstage quicksmart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I think the matrix fad is somewhat over by now,
    People around here don't get the fact that the majority of people who get tattoo's are not "fad" kind of people.....
    Then again you do get a few

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

fad? I don't think so! has been a long time that I've been thinking about it - and it has a personal meaning to me - whcih I won't bore you all with! To the ither question... yeah, saw the other 2 - Reloaded really kicked ass! Only movie I ever went back to the cinema to see again and again... and the last one sucked ass! (in a bad way)
    Also, yeah I do see where everyone's coming from with the blurfest thing, but there must be some alternative!!!???? :cool: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

who007 wrote:
    fad? I don't think so! has been a long time that I've been thinking about it - and it has a personal meaning to me - whcih I won't bore you all with! To the ither question... yeah, saw the other 2 - Reloaded really kicked ass! Only movie I ever went back to the cinema to see again and again... and the last one sucked ass! (in a bad way)
    Also, yeah I do see where everyone's coming from with the blurfest thing, but there must be some alternative!!!???? :cool: :confused:

Maybe instead of loads of lines with itty bitty characters you could get say 3 or 4 lines with the characters magnified a bit.

qz wrote:
    Maybe instead of loads of lines with itty bitty characters you could get say 3 or 4 lines with the characters magnified a bit.

Yeah, I thought of that but I don't think it has quite the same effect - I think I'll go for Morpheus' hands - one holding the blue pill and one holding the red - symbolising the choice offered us all... would really love to think of a way the code pattern cou :cool: ld work though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 i R baboon

hey dude/chick, reckon you should wait awhile til you get the tattoo, i was eagerly waitin for months til i eventually got mine. worth the wait so your sure. also the matrix trilogy, yes al 3 films rule, why not mix the two ideas, get the morpheous hands done in matrix code across the bottom of your back or something. but i think you should get something somewhere that will have meanin in 80 years time.
    'i'm just merely showing you the path...you are the the one who has to walk it.'

i R baboon wrote:
    hey dude/chick, reckon you should wait awhile til you get the tattoo, i was eagerly waitin for months til i eventually got mine. worth the wait so your sure. also the matrix trilogy, yes al 3 films rule, why not mix the two ideas, get the morpheous hands done in matrix code across the bottom of your back or something. but i think you should get something somewhere that will have meanin in 80 years time.
    'i'm just merely showing you the path...you are the the one who has to walk it.'

you seem to assume I have not been trying to figure this out for long...? Has been almost a year now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

This may help but it hasnt got the black background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

hows about getting a circle or square of the code done with the shading of the characters making the tear drop. You know like those posters that are made up of loads of little pictures and when you stand away from it theres a picture of darth vader or titanic or somethin'.

Hard to explain and don't ask me how to design it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Fungtank wrote:
    hows about getting a circle or square of the code done with the shading of the characters making the tear drop. You know like those posters that are made up of loads of little pictures and when you stand away from it theres a picture of darth vader or titanic or somethin'.

Hard to explain and don't ask me how to design it.

I think he meant a tear as in a rip, not a tear drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

j0e wrote:
    This may help but it hasnt got the black background

Yep definitely a reason not to go with that idea, that tattoo looks terrible, imagine what it will look like when it gets a bit older, although in fairness that has to be one of the worst skinrips that I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dondonjordan

is this the sort of thing that you are going for?

sorry about the quality of the pic but I had to use microsoft pait as I am at work

yeah - that'd be something along the lines of what I was thinking of...... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dondonjordan

The problem is that it is never going to be black as in black.
    Depending on your skin colour and the dryness of it. It might come out kind of greyish or at least very very dark green.
    But I think for the matrix code that is ok as the black they use doesn't look like pure black.
    I say go for it...but only if you think in 10 years time you still wanna be....teh one!!!!!!!!one

well thanks to all for your efforts

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could go with black on white or gray. I know it's not proper but if the chars are inked properly it should still be easily recognised as matrix code.

Kinda like this but with proper chars.

Advertisement