Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb outage

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Are ComReg issuing any advice to DigiWeb customers?
    If so they ought to post a copy here given that this is the place all sorts of people are going to come looking for information.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

vinnyfitz wrote:
    Are ComReg issuing any advice to DigiWeb customers?
    If so they ought to post a copy here given that this is the place all sorts of people are going to come looking for information.
    Of course not vinnyfitz, that would be proactive. God will kill a kitten if Comreg does anything proactive.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Digiweb customers can contact the ComReg Consumer Line to make a complaint on:

E-mail to consumerline@comreg.ie.
    Telephone - LoCall 1890 22 9668.

Lines open 10am to 16.30

http://www.askcomreg.ie/about_us/default.asp?NCID=26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

It appears that mediasat have a lot to anwser for. Signing up a second account just for the purposes of "promoting their advertising" was as pretty low.

Also, Goku: I can see you guys getting the bulk of digiwebs business from now onwards, as I'd imagine a lot of people will cancel their sat connections. Not just because of the BB outage, but because of digiweb's lack of truthfulness in it's press statements, and so on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    It appears that mediasat have a lot to anwser for. Signing up a second account just for the purposes of "promoting their advertising" was as pretty low.

Especially as the user mark@mediasat had already contributed here and could have again (as long as he was not banging on about Wimax :) )

Mediasat never announced any special offer from them to Digiweb customers such as one that took into account their already heavy investment in existing in situ equipment and where they could have offered them a reduced install and equipment cost in view of that. Mediasat of ALL people should know how stuck a lot of the Digiweb customers are .

Mediasat obviously (to me) wanted those people to pay full whack for the setup despite all of that, that kind of bottom feeding for distressed customers is low. I remember years ago when a few smaller ISPs went down (as they do) you would see the likes of IOL and Indigo take the customers over with no setup charge as realising that they were stuck and needed a provider but not screwing them over in the process.

The history of the VSAT industry is full of incidents where the sat provider and the isp fell out , leading to a useless dish pointed at the 'wrong' sat as a new sat provider was sought PDQ .

Digiweb are by no means unique in having the plug pulled at short notice , it has happened to cpsat and europeonline as well IIRC.

Seeing as Mediasat are paying over the €500 to IoffL for their faux pas I hereby invite them back in here to announce the T&Cs of their special offer to stranded Digiweb customers.

If Mediasat do not produce said offer in here, in writing or linked, by lunchtime today then we can only surmise that they intended to charge top price all along. That will cost ye even more than €500 Mediasat !!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

The Digiweb service has been restored. If people want to try it now. You may need to restart the kit/box thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

IT'S BACK!!!

My connection just resurrected itself a few minutes ago (a bit before 11am).
    Albeit in it's usual daytime crippled fashion :(

Let's hope it stays that way, I paid my annual subscription only a few weeks ago!

(edited to add-) looks like I was late again! The story of my life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mediasat

The deal is:
    If you are a Digiweb satellite customer, you should already own your equipment and it should be correctly installed.

We would charge no transfer or install fee.
    This assumes that there is no site visit necessary.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Does this offer still apply now that DigiWeb's service is back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mediasat

Yes.
    The offer will remain available to Digiweb customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

Yay - it is back .. and faster than before !

- probably will slow down as more people start to use it again.

This also assumes that Mediasat could provide their service off the exact same sat that Digiweb use which I suspect is NOT the case .

The alternatives are fairly horrific

http://www.mediasat.ie/corporate.htm

I make it €7500 for the equipment and €750 for the site visit from Mediasat to install it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

Sponge Bob wrote:
    This also assumes that Mediasat could provide their service off the exact same sat that Digiweb use which I suspect is NOT the case .

The alternatives are fairly horrific

http://www.mediasat.ie/corporate.htm

I make it €7500 for the equipment and €750 for the site visit from Mediasat to install it ,

What makes you suspect this???

I am a notoriously paranoid and suspicious person Sparks :)

If Digiweb customers and Mediasat customers ALL use the exact same customer premises equipment and all point to the exact same satellite in the sky then my suspicions are unfounded and I withdraw said suspicions unreservedly !

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Digiweb are Digicrap. I had a 2mbit/s connection with them but it was capped even though I had an uncapped business package. No ptp, very slow speeds, terrible tech suppot. Digi****.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

damien.m wrote:
    Digiweb customers can contact the ComReg Consumer Line to make a complaint on:

E-mail to consumerline@comreg.ie.
    Telephone - LoCall 1890 22 9668.

Lines open 10am to 16.30

http://www.askcomreg.ie/about_us/default.asp?NCID=26
    More contacts:
    John Quinn, Head of Strategic Development
    Email: <.cg snippage>

Declan Campbell, Business Development Manager
    Mobile: <.cg snippage> Email: <.cg snippage>

Adrian Erangey, Business Development Manager Southern Region, Digiweb Ltd
    Mobile: <.cg snippage> Email: <.cg snippage>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Just to clarify, I edited DannyD's post above to remove phone numbers and email addresses that are not in the public domain (using Google as my reference :) ) .. DannyD it's not for you to post these, even if you think people have a right to know them.. the same as you wouldn't want your name and mobile number posted if you were in a similar position.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 markholman

dealgan wrote:
    Yay - it is back .. and faster than before !

- probably will slow down as more people start to use it again.

I don't notice any speed change.. I think it's slower... How can that be?

I'm wondering now that Digiweb are back with SatLynx, are they going to press on with these "improvements" that they sent us a letter about. Do they have to stay with SatLynx now.

I haven't heard a squeak from Digiweb, no formal explanation, press release, anything.

Well, at least it's up and running again.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Thread locked, it's more hassle than it's worth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement