Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

todd is charged

• 20-04-2005 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0419/todd.html

andy todd has been charged with violent conduct...surprisingly enough!

im just wondering seen as there is some debate about whether he meant it what sort of punishment he will get.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No personally i dont think he meant to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I dont think he did it either seems to me van persie ran into todd while he was jumping as a reaction to concideing a goal once van persie hit todds arm he pushed it away from his body pritty normal reaction Imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

He meant it methinks. He'll get done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

We were talking about it in the office today and out of 10 people I was the only person who didn't think he meant to do it. :eek:

I'm a bit surprised by this charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

looked fairly innocent to me, if someone runs into your arm it's not your fault !!

Wonder will Persie get an award for the shortest goal celebration in an FA cup semi Final ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

growler wrote:
    looked fairly innocent to me, if someone runs into your arm it's not your fault !!

Yes but while they have run into you ,and you try and strike them with your forearm , then it defeinetly becomes your fault .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

for my money, he didn't have intent. But he certainly could have pulled out - and so a charge is fitting IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

He ran past him and then stuck the elbow in his face. He was clearly past him. If it was momentum that caused him to hit him, he would have struck him much earlier...

How anybody seeing that footage can defend him saying it was not on purpose is crazy!!!

It was the highest degree of scumbagism in my book....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He ran past him and then stuck the elbow in his face. He was clearly past him. If it was momentum that caused him to hit him, he would have struck him much earlier...

How anybody seeing that footage can defend him saying it was not on purpose is crazy!!!

It was the highest degree of scumbagism in my book....

I concur. It was a sly malicious act he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I would like to ask how he committed this act when his eyes were on the ball going into the net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Definitely mean't it.

And this doesn't justify it, but VP isn't exactly the most likeable person in the Premiership!

B.

PHB wrote:
    I would like to ask how he committed this act when his eyes were on the ball going into the net

He knew what he as doing alright. You dont have to be looking at someone to know where they are.

He was obviously behind him and could see him before he struck the shot. You just dont 'accidentially' stick your elbow in somebodys face like that. There was no need for his arm to move out like that anyway...

3 game ban I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Really hard to know for definite on the Todd one, personally I think he meant to do him.

However, Chk out these shots of that tackle on Fabregas by Savavge, Wheres the ball???
    The ref completly missed this reckless challenge by Savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

ya gotta love Robbie Savage! well only if ya dislike arsenal and all their players and anyone involved with them as much as I do

moby2101 wrote:
    However, Chk out these shots of that tackle on Fabregas by Savavge, Wheres the ball???
    The ref completly missed this reckless challenge by Savage

In fairness Fabregas was no Angel in the Sheffield Utd. match in the FA Cup with that horrendous potentially career threatening tackle on Nick Montgomery.

Did he get done by the FA for that one? I know he didn't get sent off for it.

B.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

ya gotta love Robbie Savage! well only if ya dislike arsenal and all their players and anyone involved with them as much as I do

TROLL!!!

Todd deserves what he gets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i do think he meant it but as above i dont think the evidence is strong enough for him to be banned to the full extent of the law. i have a funny old feeling he might just get a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I think he meant it. There was a good five yards he made up between himself and van Persie and he clearly ran straight into him.

Anyone see Robbie Savage vs Palace last night?

How the guy has only been sent off once in his career absolutely baffles me, although the referee clearly had no spine.

He was subbed at half time anyway though.

He should of went for the tackle he made just minutes after he got the yellow.

And as for the the tackle he made about a minute into the game :eek:

Has rreally only been sent off once in his career? I find that hard to believe.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

• Advertisement

I'm baffled by that.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

BaZmO* wrote:
    And as for the the tackle he made about a minute into the game :eek:

I think you got confused, MOTD showed his tackle a minute into his debut vs Bolton.

He made two awful challenges last night vs Palace, both of which deserved yellows.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I think you got confused, MOTD showed his tackle a minute into his debut vs Bolton.

He made two awful challenges last night vs Palace, both of which deserved yellows.

I might be confusing the time but his first tackle of the matching last night was a crunching one, then his next got him a yellow. But yeah, they did show some tackles from previous matches.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

I don't think he meant to elbow him in the face. He definately meant to make contact with him, but he wasn't expecting RVP to turn into him the way he did. He meant to give him a bit of an elbow into the shoulder, and hence he looked so guilty when he almost knocked RVP out cold.

I don't think he meant to elbow him in the face. He definately meant to make contact with him, but he wasn't expecting RVP to turn into him the way he did. He meant to give him a bit of an elbow into the shoulder, and hence he looked so guilty when he almost knocked RVP out cold.
    =deliberate =ban

somehow he got off this... god knows how :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He could have stopped and he tensed his arm, seems fairly clear cut to me.

kdjac

Advertisement