Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kittens

Options
  • 20-04-2005 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Sorry, messed around this and deleted it by accident

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Awww... they sound cute. Can't take them myself, as my dad's allergic to them, and we have a West Highland Terrier (look into getting one; they're cute).

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Where the kittens found as strays? 6 weeks of age is really too young to rehome them.

Kittens should not be take from their mother until 8 weeks at least if it can be helped at all.

Have you had the kittens vet checked?
    Have you wormed and de-flead them? They cannot be vaccinated until they are 8 weeks and then the next vaccination about 2 weeks later so rehoming them would seriously risk their health at this point because they would have no immunity.

Although it is best for the kittens socially to mix with people now, you may need to confine them to a room and have someone else handle them but you just feed them.

6 week old kittens need extra care, the new owners would need to have them spayed at the lastest 6 months of age, some vets will do it earlier.
    Try and rehome them to an indoor home, or a home with a cat proof garden.

In the mean time an anti hestamine for you will help your allergies, talk with your GP or Chemist.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Are these still available ???

Advertisement