Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW Town SPAM

Options
  • 20-04-2005 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Only started last week and up to lvl 15 and enjoying it thoroughly (you can really see the diablo influence in it!), but the one thing that annoys me is when you enter a city and automatically get tuned to that channel and have to suffer all the SPAM cluttering up your screen.
    I was in Ironforge last night and there was nothing but people sending general messages saying they had this and that for sale and to whisper them. Is there any way to turn this crap off ?
    I know from the manual you can use /leave or /aleave (can't remember which now) but that turns off everything. Is there a way of just turning off the WTS messages ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can use /leave <channel> to leave specific ones. Sounds like you just need to leave the Trade channel when you're in a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I find the channels in the lower lvl places to be a nightmare with constant rants, flaming people for asking genuine questions and STFU NOOBS etc etc

But once you get to the higher lvls 20 + the information and be valuable and alot of nice people respond, you still get the kids but not to the same extent and now in the area's im in at the moment we have a good laugh on the general channels :)

I suppose all my saying really is you might want to keep your channels for when you have left the lowbie zones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

But once you get to the higher lvls 20 +

Excuse me while I lol.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

logic1 wrote:
    Excuse me while I lol.

.logic.
    Just because you're level 30 ;)

DRakE wrote:
    Just because you're level 30 ;)

30.25 thanks very much. And if you add all my alts up there's easily a total of 35 levels of hardcore pain BRING IT!

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Excuse me while I lol.

.logic.

:) I dunno they seem grand on my Server or maybe I was still tuned out but yeah I like the general channels :P

:) I dunno they seem grand on my Server or maybe I was still tuned out but yeah I like the general channels :P

Ah I think the channels are grand. Have often bought from Trade especially enchants.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Korg

You can right click on the tab for the chat window, there's options there to filter various stuff. You can even create another window & filter out everything but what you want to see (whispers, guild chat etc) so then the general/trade channel spam doesn't clutter messages you want to see, but is still on screen should you want to occasionally check out the trade channels etc.

Advertisement