Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatible Cases for DFI UT NF4 Sli D/DR

Options
  • 20-04-2005 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of getting a Silverstone TJ06, but it looks like the windtunnel will be in the way because the DFI board has the CPU located more or in the centre of the board. Has anyone had any experience of this case/board combo? Or know of a decent enough Big case, im looking for one that uses the upside down mobo configuration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

BTX?

Just look for mid-full tower cases that don't have those silly wind-tunnel things.

Or take off the Wind-tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

heres what im getting for my DFI SLI
    4jst1h

it should be here tomorrow ???only problem is it cost me near 450 euro without a psu or fans or even drive bay covers :)
    also the Akasa Eclipse-62 Aluminum Case (CA-005-AK)
    here for 88 gbp , nice case plenty of room....2 x 120mm fans intake and output ...your right about the sliverstone i was going to get it but the cpu on the dfi is more in the middle of the mobo so he wind tunnel wont work with it ...but my mountian-mod case wont have any problems with air flow :Dseems there is 7 120mm fans and 3 80mm fans and two psu cradles and lots of room for all the watercooling you want ive got my treble 120mm black ice extreme 3 rad waiting here to go into it... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

The Moutain Mods Cases are mad looking things pricy too, it also appears to have no filters on all them fans, could get quite dusty, which is something im not after. Im liking the Akasa, looks alright has filters and optional wheels all at a reasonable price. Wonder if you can see much of the light from a neon fan at the front with the filter in the way. Have you had any experience with the Lian Li v2000 dub? Thats one also on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Another friend of mine is using a CM Stacker with his DFI SLi-DR

have to say the lain li is a cracker i love the compartments its the dogs but its as pricey as my case from what i remember ...but it is a class case ...i'd go for the lain li above the stacker or the asaka ...its a good choice...but pricey for the full tower

p.s. you dont even get the fans with mine never mind the dust covers but remember im using a 3x1200mm rad that will stop the dust on its way in the front of the mobo chamber and ill put some covers on the rest of the intakes

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:
    Another friend of mine is using a CM Stacker with his DFI SLi-DR

As have several of my friends... that being the sole reason i don't want one. Don't get me wrong its a nice enough case and is very functional but i want something that when i bring it to a LAN party it will be the only one(or two)of its kind there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

If you're going for a full tower you'll need a crane to bring it to LAN's!! :D

dubdvd wrote:
    have to say the lain li is a cracker i love the compartments its the dogs but its as pricey as my case from what i remember ...but it is a class case ...i'd go for the lain li above the stacker or the asaka ...its a good choice...but pricey for the full tower

Its about one hundered yoyo's cheaper than the beast ur getting.. for me its really between the Lian Li or the Akasa ATM.

WizZard wrote:
    If you're going for a full tower you'll need a crane to bring it to LAN's!! :D

..Then man invented the Wheel..

you could always put a lawnmower engine on the mountian mod and drive to the lan its big eoungh to take you and a freind :D

• Advertisement

lol.. you probably would.

Just looking through the Mountain Mods site and this seems to be in my price range. How much are they charging for delivery Dub and do they take bank transfer?, just thought id find out before registering.

they themselfs wont deal with you over-clock.com are there resellers for europe ...so i ordered of them which is a good bit dearer ....there is nothing on the link you posted ...is it the twice 7 that you came across????

heres the link for uk

http://store.over-clock.com/MountainMods.html

It was an Optimax 3 windows original top brushed silver.. was priced at 257eur on the mountain mods site.. not sure it is the same one the over-clock site as that one is £328 inc VAT.. the twice 7 is too small imo. The U2-UFO brushed ali original top is lookng ok at £240.

481.258 thats alot without p+p :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

If you throw in the necessary 2 x 120mm fans and the clear door at a tenner each plus postage the Akasa comes up to about €215 ......

That mountain mod case looks the business Dubdvd, mad price though, its a "what do you get for the modder with everthing else " kinda case!

yeah dund the akasa is an alright case, but i've been weighing the pros and cons;... moutain mod is well out of my budget.. akasa is cheap but too small for me.. so i think im gonna go for the Lian Li with window.. i'll post pics as soon as i hsve ...just waiting for venice to be released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

the akasa is too small?? are u thinking of living in there with the stuff or something?

My brother got one last week, and its a monster, HUGE thing altogether!! Its width is about 8"...the WHOLE thing comes apart. Like, u could flat-pack this case, seriously. Airflow is excellent. He has his 3.06Ghz P4 overclocked to 3.8GHZ with a system temp of 25degrees. Cooled by a zalman 7700. He put in 2 vantec stealth fans, almost silent. If its sheer size ur after, the Akasa will do, its'a huge!!

Its not tall enough for me (not enough head room ;)). Its the same size of an average midi tower, but slightly wider.

Advertisement