Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Action - Contains scores

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

everton were 4/1 at paddy power, thanks dunc!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The Muppet wrote:
    Maybe we should sent him somwhere for lessons, any suggestions? ;)

He'll get plenty of tutelage at that where he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭radiospan

I don't know what Ferguson was complaining to Moyes about just after Scholes was sent-off. Terrible challenge. (Not even a challenge really)

Anyone think Ferguson's future could be in doubt if they lose the cup final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

i disagree here i taught Rooney was very good tonight, i taught he was the only one who did somthing tonight

I agree. He seemed like one of the very few that was up for it.

Now Fletcher on the other hand! :rolleyes: Why Ferguson didn't take him off in the first half I'll never know. Alan Smith should've of played tonight. He would of done to Everton what Everton done to Utd. all night, closing down players quicker, something that Utd. used to be masters at!

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

plazzTT wrote:
    Anyone think Ferguson's future could be in doubt if they lose the cup final?
    ya a bit

but who will replace him i cant think of any one good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

and fletcher is a waste of space
    Yer ive no confidence in him really.

I think it was Moyes having a go at Ferguson rather than the other way around.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Now Fletcher on the other hand! :rolleyes: Why Ferguson didn't take him off in the first half I'll never know. Alan Smith should've of played tonight. He would of done to Everton what Everton done to Utd. all night, closing down players quicker, something that Utd. used to be masters at!

B.
    you always hear ferguson saying Fletcher will be brilliant someday[on the lines of that any way]but he's nothing special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Can someone explain to me why there were so many tackles on Man Utd. players in the last few minutes that went totally unpunished by the referee???

you always hear ferguson saying Fletcher will be brilliant someday[on the lines of that any way]but he's nothing special

Maybe Fletcher's old man works in some Whiskey brewery in Scotland and gives Fergie a good deal on his barrels?
    plazzTT wrote:
    I don't know what Ferguson was complaining to Moyes about just after Scholes was sent-off. Terrible challenge. (Not even a challenge really)

I think Ferguson was more giving out about the tackle on Keane. But in all fairness Scholes had to go. Absolutely no excusefor kicking out, especially against Zenedine!

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

smemon wrote:
    stupid from gneville, should be fined by manu for that. unnacceptable.

scholes i'll defend. keane had the ball, looking to go forward, someone (beattie i think) clattered into the back of keane, blatent foul and the ref played on.
    ball broke to kilbane and scholes lashed out as he was annoyed with the ref.

Eh? Scholes is annoyed with the ref so he lashes out at Kilbane and you defend that??? :eek:

BaZmO* wrote:
    Maybe Fletcher's old man works in some Whiskey brewery in Scotland and gives Fergie a good deal on his barrels?

lol must be some price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Eh? Scholes is annoyed with the ref so he lashes out at Kilbane and you defend that??? :eek:

no but i can understand why he was upset, it was utd's last chance to get the ball in the everton penalty area in the 93rd minute. his team-mate was BLATENTLY fouled and the ref played on.

he was frustrated, i know i would be, and lashed out in the heat of the moment more in anger at the ref than kilbane. in all fairness he didnt swing at kilbane in a malicious way, it was sort of half hearted.

neville on the other hand, :rolleyes: thats just stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Was it as blatant as Ronaldo kicking out at Hibbert ? Ref didn't see it, hibbert just got on with it and did not go getting himself sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Was it as blatant as Ronaldo kicking out at Hibbert ? Ref didn't see it, hibbert just got on with it and did not go getting himself sent off.

exactly

fantastic performance for Everton, utd whingers will always try and point the blame somewhere else, the ref etc. Bottom line is Scholes and Neville had to go, Scholes should have got straight red.

The ref was inconsistent i thought, no particular bias but you never knew what he was going to in a given situation.

If Everton play like that for the next 5 games, then champions league here we come. however Everton being everton, we'll lose to Brimingham!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Absolutely gutted that utd where ****e yet again. Really disappointed with Gary Neville, as for scholes, I understand why he was frustrated, but there was no need for that. RVN, was again disappointing, as was Rooney. On the night Everton were up for it more than Man U.
    Only good thing about the sendings off is that neville has atleast enough games between now and the fa cup to serve his 3 match ban, aand obviously the 4th champions league place is still very tight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I thought rooney was quite good for the record. he tried things and was the only utd player who looked like he would create something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rooney had a bad game tonight, and you could see it in his decisions.
    He played liek Ronaldo does when he is having a bad game, selfishly.
    Ronaldo on the other hand played average but was a team player. Funny how the world works.

If I could I'd ring up Fergie right now and say, hey, drop Scholes Rooney and Ronaldo, and put in Giggs Jones and Rossi.
    Play the 4-4-2!!!
    We rocked at it.

Quirez isn't looking great for the automatic takeover atm, with the playesr seemingly unhappy with him. I think this is gona get interesting in the United camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Disaster for United tonite :eek: ah well the league is all but over now..the rent boys have won it for the first time in decades..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Good game between Arsenal and Chelsea, pretty even. Arsenal had the better of midfield (Lampard who?) although Chelsea were dangerous on the counter. It's pretty frustrating that we've been crippled by injuries though, it would have been nice to play Chelsea with a full strength team (or play anyone with a full strength team this season, for that matter), Henry, Ljungberg and Campbell out tonight, Vieira, Gilberto, Edu, Ljungberg out at Highbury.

Looking forward to next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Leonard wrote:
    and obviously the 4th champions league place is still very tight.

as far as liverpool go, i think its over
    united was one of the games i had banked on them losing...they didn't...
    if i recall they're 3 points clear with a game in hand...not looking good since liverpool cant seem to win 2 league games in a row

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

PHB wrote:
    Rooney had a bad game tonight, and you could see it in his decisions.
    He played liek Ronaldo does when he is having a bad game, selfishly.
    Ronaldo on the other hand played average but was a team player. Funny how the world works.

If I could I'd ring up Fergie right now and say, hey, drop Scholes Rooney and Ronaldo, and put in Giggs Jones and Rossi.
    Play the 4-4-2!!!
    We rocked at it.

Quirez isn't looking great for the automatic takeover atm, with the playesr seemingly unhappy with him. I think this is gona get interesting in the United camp.

Rooney was without a doubt United's best player.

Tactically, United were a shambles tonight. They tried to get through the middle and they were continually blocked so what did they do? They kept trying. They lacked imagination and effort. From where I was sitting it looked like united walked out onto that pitch tonight on a high from beating a miserable Newcastle side, it was almost as if they expected the blue sea to part before their superior eyes. Of course this was never going to be the case, Everton brought a fight to Man Utd and they spat their dummies out.

Keane - Appeared to be off the pace from start to finish, made a lot of uncharacteristic errors.

Rooney - Worked like a trooper, seemed to be driven by the fires of hell.

Ronaldo - Frustrating, especially the pathetic dive in the box.

Neville - I really think this guy has an inferiority complex. He wants to be Keane, he wants to be captain, he wants to be the man. Sticking his gob in arguments that have nothing to do with him, defending team mates that don't need to be defended then blowing all that by reacting to the crowd and letting his whole team down.

Van the man - I think he was a victim of poor tactics although that last mis kicked effort was dissappointing, he is only human though....

It was mentioned in the commentary that United's tactics are leaning towards those of Madrid when Carlos Quieroz was manager...this is no good at all. THe premiership is no place for these type of tactics. United in the past two seasons have not been able to tactically devise a plan to get past teams who defend in debth...this was illustrated again tonight by the number of shots from outside the box. We couldn't penetrate them and let's face it, we never really looked like we would.

There is so much wrong with the team at the moment and it's becoming more and more frustrating. Changes from the top down is the only available move left to make. The way we simply fell to pieces tonight was a very worrying sight to behold.

One more thing, the person I watched the game with tonight (another Man U fan) said that to lose tonight wouldn't be such a bad thing because we don't want Liverpool to get 4th place. This makes me sick. I am a Man Utd fan and that's it. Of course I watch other football but I do so from an unpartisaned viewpoint. It's natural for a United fan to want Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal etc to lose but we should gain no compensation in our team losing tonight just because Liverpool didn't gain anything. I think we have enough to worry about our own team without concerning ourselves with others below us.

Watching those Everton fans tonight abusing every Man U player who got close to them really fired me up and I hoped United could rise to the challenge. (By the way, how can an english fan abuse someone like gary neville and then cheer him on when he puts on the three lions?.....anyway) Unfortunately they couldn't raise their game and once again, it's back to the drawing board.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Some excellent points made there Fade, agreed that rooney worked hard tonight but he has had better games for us. With respect to what you referred to about Man U supporters wanting liverpool to slip up, thats just part and parcel of all the banter between the two sides. I wouldn't read into that to much. Just look at Mike's post tonight. A diehard pool supporter, cheering on Man U, now theres a first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

smemon wrote:
    no but i can understand why he was upset, it was utd's last chance to get the ball in the everton penalty area in the 93rd minute. his team-mate was BLATENTLY fouled and the ref played on.

Excellent reason to try and take Kilbane's leg off. :rolleyes:
    Disaster for United tonite ah well the league is all but over now.

It's been more or less over since Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

But surely you never say something like "I don't mind if my team loses tonight cause Liverpool won't get 4th place or whatever"...It's one thing to temporarily shout for a team cause it will benefit your side but something completely different to become indifferent about your own teams fate because of another team. This is why I hate ABUs with a passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it seems to be a different utd. in the cup this season. When they were at goodison there they walked over Everton by playing good football, tonight they looked nervous, and lacked any idea's at all, and deservedly lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bloody Utd, can't trust them to do you a favour ever. First time Liverpool sttring anything like 2 results together and Utd perform like that.

Screw the lot of you, we're winning the CL now. We werent going to but you pushed us too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

smemon wrote:
    stupid from gneville, should be fined by manu for that. unnacceptable.

scholes i'll defend. keane had the ball, looking to go forward, someone (beattie i think) clattered into the back of keane, blatent foul and the ref played on.
    ball broke to kilbane and scholes lashed out as he was annoyed with the ref.

apart from gnevilles stupidity, im not too disappointed. unlike many manu fans, finishing 3rd doesnt bother me. if we cant have 1st nothing else matters. early pre-season can be a blessing in disguise from both a financial and fitness point of view. after the norwich loss, the title was over.

in the remaining matchs, youngsters/fringe players should be fielded so the 1st teamers can have a good look at themselves and be hungry for the fa cup. oh, and fletcher is a waste of space, ive said it before and i'll say it again. rubbish from him tonight, he looked completely out of his depth.

credit to everton though, all over the pitch for 90mins, really worked hard. dont have the class but they deserved it for their work rate. on another day, another ref, utd might have won it. ronaldo's wasnt a peno, another dive. there was contact, little push but no peno. felt sorry for rooney, utd's best player.

It was that donkey Kilbane who clattered Scholes and Scholes retaliated!

Ferguson highly rates Flethcer, I think he can do it at Utd.

I can not blame Ronaldo for diving, i mean for ****s sake, a minute or so left and slightest contact...i mean worth a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

cheesedude wrote:
    Ferguson highly rates Flethcer, I think he can do it at Utd.

Fletcher is ****e, he's been ****e all season, Ferguson's playing him because he's Scottish, not on any football ability.
    I can not blame Ronaldo for diving, i mean for ****s sake, a minute or so left and slightest contact...i mean worth a try!

Oh how the mighty have fallen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I'm due a good old moan :mad: you have been warned.

Everton scored from a free kick that never was :mad:
    Neville didn't look where he was kicking the ball & didn't kick it very hard, it looked like he was just kicking away the ball rather than trying to hurt anyone :mad:
    Keane should have got a free kick just before scholes was sent off :mad:
    & scholes, well he should have kicked him harder :mad:

Why the fcuk cant we score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

i can't believe that people are trying to defend such horrendous behaviour as enacted out by some of the United players in this match.

Regardless of the circumstances there were no excuses for the dive, or the way scholes and neville reacted. For crying out loud these are PROFESSIONALS, they are paid insane sums of money each week.

Maybe they should concentrate on doing their job and playing some decent football instead of throwing temper tantrums and resorting to falling over when they come up against a decent team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

dceire wrote:
    I'm due a good old moan :mad: you have been warned.

Everton scored from a free kick that never was :mad:
    Neville didn't look where he was kicking the ball & didn't kick it very hard, it looked like he was just kicking away the ball rather than trying to hurt anyone :mad:
    Keane should have got a free kick just before scholes was sent off :mad:
    & scholes, well he should have kicked him harder :mad:

Why the fcuk cant we score
    1) How many times has that happened to Utd?
    2) It should have been at leats a yellow for picking it up, and kicking it away. The fact that it was into the crowd made it red, good call. Oh, and how can you say didn't look? He was facing the pitch, and did a 180 and kicked it, he hardly thought he was kicking it towards the Everton goal did he?
    3) In your opinion, again, its tough to call. Either way if Scholes hadn't acted like a 12 year old girl he wouldn't have been sent off.
    4) (Attack the post not the poster): "scholes, well he should have kicked him harder". Well, in this case the post is a fúcking moron, with red blinkers and is acting like a spoilt little girl.

5) I dunno, maybe try aiming and feeding the ball to RVN? Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Well fair play to Blackburn Rovers!

Bottom of the table in novemebrr, and now up to 12th, and premiership status secured in april!
    I thought after the hammering they got on saturday, the team showed character to come out and secure the win!

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm convinced Duffer must be carrying some injury, as he very seldom even attempts to run with the ball at the moment.
    Carvahllo was imperious yesterday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Fair play to Everton. Much prefer to see them in the champions league than liverpool.

Hear hear, still pool are going to win the CL so it will make no difference anyway.

Bit obvious that United did not give a to*s tonite, bar Rooney they were pants. Brutal disipline, Scholes was undefendable but it was pure frustration, GNeville, not sure what the fk he was at.
    pool were lucky to get a win, Portsmouth had their chances.
    Well done Norwich, fantastic goal, Given made some great saves though

smuckers wrote:
    I'm convinced Duffer must be carrying some injury, as he very seldom even attempts to run with the ball at the moment

I think it has more to do with the intructions given to him by Mourinho as he allways takes on players when he's playing for Ireland.

yop wrote:
    Given made some great saves though

He really needs to get off that sinking ship!

B.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    1) How many times has that happened to Utd?
    2) It should have been at leats a yellow for picking it up, and kicking it away. The fact that it was into the crowd made it red, good call. Oh, and how can you say didn't look? He was facing the pitch, and did a 180 and kicked it, he hardly thought he was kicking it towards the Everton goal did he?
    3) In your opinion, again, its tough to call. Either way if Scholes hadn't acted like a 12 year old girl he wouldn't have been sent off.
    4) (Attack the post not the poster): "scholes, well he should have kicked him harder". Well, in this case the post is a fúcking moron, with red blinkers and is acting like a spoilt little girl.

5) I dunno, maybe try aiming and feeding the ball to RVN? Just a thought.

Lighten up will you, for gods sake I wasn't being totally serious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Liverpool did their bit and won - away! There was a big
    decision made by Benitez and an important one as he left Gerrard
    on the bench. That was a great move imo as Gerrard needs this
    type of kick up the proverbial. Liverpool performed fine without him.
    Morientes's goal was scrappy. Garcia's goal was a very good
    header, if only he threatened those all the time. Benitez then
    also took a brave decision and took off Garcia. Is he now
    at last listening to the fans? Riise had a good game. Portsmouths
    goal was very scrappy, I'd put most of the blame on Dudek
    as he should have smothered it. Biscan continues having good
    games, he's removed the errors from his play. Baros also good as
    was Finnan and Carragher.

Unfortunately, the blue half of merseyside was getting their
    way against Man U and deserved their win, after putting in
    a good fight. Man U were suffering a hangover after their
    Newcastle demolition. The Everton goal came from a dead-ball
    situation and with poor marking by Ferdinand. Man U created
    the most half-chances but were not firing on all cylinders. Ruud vN
    is still off the boil quite badly. Rooney was trying too hard to
    do it on his own against his old alma mater. Everton got stuck
    in physically. Roy should have had yellow, Scholes deserved
    to go, and Neville's kick into the crowd was pure petulence,
    he should get an extra length ban for that.

Arsenal started brightly and deserved a first half goal. Chelsea came
    back into it and probably could have got one of their own in the
    second half. A draw was a fair result although it could have been
    1-0 to either team. I think however that if Arsenal did score, Chelsea
    would have probably equalised, so 0-0 or 1-1 was fair. Its a pity in
    a way this match didnt matter. Watching Chelsea win the title by
    such a wide margin is like watching paint dry. Both Liverpool and
    Everton have to play Arsenal so they may hve a say on who gets 4th.
    Bolton aren't out of the race either.

The race for the drop is very tight, 2 points between the bottom
    4 so anything can happen. Palace look to be on a downer though.

Redspider

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

And it's all back square in Italy after Juventus predictably pissed away their midweek advantage for the umpteenth time this season. If they can't beat Inter, they shouldn't be champions, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

And it's all back square in Italy after Juventus predictably pissed away their midweek advantage for the umpteenth time this season. If they can't beat Inter, they shouldn't be champions, simple as.

No one wants to win that league, "hear you have it" "no you have it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Nobody seems to have mentioned the ever twisting and turning race for survival. Norwich got a last-gasp and deserved 3 points against Graeme Souness' bogey Newcastle side (Youssef Safri's goal deserves to keep anyone in the division alone), West Brom picked up a valuable point to pull them out of the bottom 3, but Palace don't seem to be up for it, they lost 1-0 to Blackburn and it could (and should) have been more.

My 3 x 2cents:
    • Robbie Savage once again showed his true colours...
    • Gary Neville blindly kicked the ball into a group of fans giving him stick, the group DID contain children...
    • Liverpool win to keep the pressure on Everton, despite what people may think, 4th place isn't over yet!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    [*]Gary Neville blindly kicked the ball into a group of fans giving him stick, the group DID contain children...

He actually hit a kid. A boy about 10 years old. Didn't hit him hard though, although that doesn't excuse his actions!

B.

17 West Bromwich Albion -33 5 14 14 32 53 -21 29
    18 r Southampton
    34 5 13 16 37 55 -18 28
    19 r Crystal Palace
    34 6 9 19 36 58 -22 27
    20 r Norwich City
    34 5 12 17 37 67 -30 27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

As far as the Chelsea - Arsenal game went, I think it was one of the best defensive displays I've seen all season, especially in a league where the only way for teams to defend seems to be to play 4-5-1. Cech, Johnson, Terry, Carvalho, Gallas: brilliant. Lehmann, Lauren, Toure, Sendros, Cole: equally as brilliant, but considering Arsenal's previous defensive record, I think it was even more amazing.

I can't believe Cole got man of the match. Out of all the defenders on the pitch, I thought Sendros was the best. The only time Drogba got away from him was when he was trying to cover Duff aswell. Speaking of Duff, I think Lauren had him in his pocket all night. I think one or two teams have figured out how to nullify Duff's threat at this stage. I also thought Lehmann fully justified his position as Number 1 last night... faultless. He made good saves from both Lampard and Drogba.

Reyes certainly didn't get any change out of Carvalho either. The one time he did manage to turn him, he was so surprised, he didn't take advantage. I think Wenger should have subbed him a bit earlier, and given Aliadiere and Van Persie more of a chance. John Terry also played very well. I think he was gutted when he made that run and found out he was offside! :)

Top-quality game. It only lacked a couple of goals really.

Highlights here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

watched the Chelsea - ARsenal game, very good defensive displays from both sides. IF arsenal continue this form into next season they will hopefully a better go of the league.

Was flicking between the everton and united match and saw the sholes sending off.

I think kilbane deserves a pat on the back for his actions in the foul. Many players would of made a complete meal of being kicked and roled around the player like a sniper had jsut taken them out, he just tried to continue with the game though which is something an awful lot of other players should try.

AC should walk that league, Juve are too on off I cant belive its this tight

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

dceire wrote:
    AC should walk that league, Juve are too on off I cant belive its this tight

I think yop is on the money with his summary. You have to remember the number of games against relegation-fodder that Milan have lost this year - Messina, Siena, Livorno, Bologna (maybe not lower-end opposition, but still) and the draws against Livorno (again), Brescia (twice) and Palermo.

Honestly, Milan at full tilt are a much better side than Juventus this season, and have much better depth in their squad, which should be borne out by a home win in a couple of weeks, but Juventus are simply better at grinding out the 1-0 wins (and falling to bits under pressure).

Advertisement