Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointing!

Options
  • 20-04-2005 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Sat down at my computer at 11:45 this morning ready to play some WoW. Went to login and was told I had to buy more time that my time had expired. Fair enough. Close WoW, proceed to wow-europe.com, click account management, and would you beleive its not working? I've been sitting here since 11:45 trying to get it working, no success.

Went into technical help forums in wow-europe and all I see is "BillingSupport" telling people to phone them. Proceed downstairs, collect phone, ring blizzard.
    Welcome to Blizzard Europe, our phone lines are congested at this time and customers are receiving long waiting times, as such we will not be adding anymore calls to the queue.

(something like that). That was at 13:30, I tried ringing again every 5 or 10 minutes until 14:15 when I got through. "Your estimated waiting time is 7 minutes" so I waited 7 minutes and got through to some guy. All he could do was tell me the "account management pages are down a the moment" (no sh..!). He then told me that they would be back up within half an hour. Lo and behold over half an hour has past and guess what? I still can't play WoW.

I have been a devout blizzard lover up until now. I'll still play the game and enjoy it (when the account management pages come back) but Blizzards reputation has been slashed in my books. Horrible support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I knew as soon as I posted this the pages would come back up :). Anyway im still not pleased I lost 3 hours play time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

want some cheese to go with that whine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

These things happen with every mmo .. and wow is the biggest one to date so its obviously going to be the most difficult to run. When these things happen to me I always ask myself what did i do b4 i played WoW. (played DAoC so i go and play that for a while :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

just installed WOW , but cannot create account because the pages are down again , and despite reaslising that it is part and parcel of a large rollout of a game like WOW , i can't help feeling a littLe disappointed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Blizzard just released another Gazzlion more accouts arcoss europe not to mention the amount of players are already signed up, and the role out of the honor system on top of that !

I can under stand your disappointment and losing your gaming time does suck but give the guys @ Blizzard a break they are doing a great job so far and once you get your Acc sorted thats all your problems gone.

Since I started playing lvl 36 now I have only been not able to play for 1 hour thats it !! and that was only last Sunday !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

that sounds promising all right
    i wasn't trying to convey a sense of outrage with Blizzard more a sense of despite realising rationally the problems faced by Blizzard the emotional impact
    of not being able to try out my new game , i guess though i can always install warcraft3 and the frozen throne , both of which i have never instlled or played !!
    disgrace they have been sitting here for literally years !!!

Draupnir wrote:
    want some cheese to go with that whine?

Oh yes please. Thin slices, thanks.

I didn't quite convey my message in my original post. Most of my problem was with the support people on the forums directing people to ring the support lines which are "congested" and unreachable.

As I said I myself never had any problems with blizzard and was just a bit disappointed with them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I was only messin, sorry!

I havent experienced any of these problems thankfully, zero crashes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Just tried to log on this morning, but it says to purchase more game time. It has my credit card number and already billed me last month from it, cant see what the problem is.

In light of Incredible's post, I'm not going to try ringing. I sent in an email using their support forum, we'll see how it turns out.

Oh and also - when I rang them and finally got through, I asked him could he put the transaction through so that I could get playing. He said "all I can do is put in a gamecard here".

Now that was the billing support line I rang, not so much of a billing support line after all.

• Advertisement

So, what did you do to get going again? At this point I'd use a gamecard if I could get my hands on one, but they dont sell em anywhere near me.

I just want to play! :(

As soon as the account management pages came back up I just bought another month.

I only paid for 1 month last time to see how it went - it went well :) - should have made that clear in 1st post aswell.

I take it you paid for more than 1 month and they want to charge you again?

Ah, no. I payed for 1 month. Got 3 days free. Payed for another month, got 2 days free. And now they havent charged my credit card but instead say its pending. Its begining to sound more and more like its a credit card problem...

Well if you pay for 1 month at a time its not recurring I dont think. I think you have to go back and pay for another, and with the account pages down again that isnt possible atm. Only option would seem to be a gamecard.

Yeah, it automatically charges you once a month. This would be my third month paying for WoW, so its already automatically charged my credit card for 1 extra month, after the first free month. So it definitely does work, I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Advertisement