Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pixies announce Dublin concert

• 20-04-2005 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

On RTE

The Pixies announce Dublin concert

The Pixies are returning to Ireland for a major outdoor show with Kings of Leon in August.

As part of the BudRising summer music programme, they will play Lansdowne Road on 23 August.

Scissors Sisters, Franz Ferdinand and Maroon 5 will also play Lansdowne Road on 24 August.

The Chemical Brothers will play Marlay Park on 19 August, with Basement Jaxx, Underworld and Mylo playing Marlay Park on 20 August.

Tickets for all the concerts will go on sale on Friday 6 May, with Lansdowne Road tickets €59.50, Marlay Park tickets €54.50 and a ticket for all four concerts €150.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

hip hip hooray-that was one of the best gigs of my life last year.....sweet, better start saving the pennies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

Wow. The pixies are supporting Kings Of Leon. That reunion is really paying off.

wonder if we could get them to support the frames?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Wow. The pixies are supporting Kings Of Leon. That reunion is really paying off.

WHAT?

They are supporting the King of leon? Are you sure it's not the other way around. Thats an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Concerts finish too early in Landsdown road. Makes you feel like a kiddie going home in time for super.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I got an awful dose of hay fever when I went to see red hot chili peppers at landsdowne

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

no KOL are supporting the pixies,

and no they wouldn't support the frames as they're sh-ite,but then again they did support the red hot chil peps - so you never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

TAKE THAT BACK!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, Pixies kick ass, i cannae wait!!
    when do they go on sale?

may 6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

RHCP seem to have a knack of getting better bands to support them (New Order, PJ Harvey, QOTSA, Pixies)

Looking forward to seeing the Pixies though, even if it is Lansdowne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Sweet, there's SO many good bands playing in Ireland this summer w000000t

And btw ^^ thats because RHCP have been around a damn long time and own (like u2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

just bought my tickets !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Please don't start this who's supporting who debate again like last years concert - just buy ur tickets shut the hell up and enjoy the frickin noise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The tickets have been on sale since early this week ... I bought one on Tuesday last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i first listened to Pixies like two months ago... :rolleyes:

wow... i'm so in love wt their songs... still... :p

especially that "monkey's gone to heaven"...

"Gigantic" and "Velouria" did really put me high... ;)

must go... must go... and Scissor Sisters is kewl too... :o

Advertisement