Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respect For George Galloway Lacking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,199 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I believe Galloway to be a more dispicable man than George Bush.

You are obviously bitter about Galloway, did gorgeous George take your girlfriend or something?

I think Bush will go down in history as the dispicable between Galloway and Bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

My apologies for the outburst. All I'm saying is that, if Galloway wants to release of this man, how can he justify calling Bush & Co. war criminals. There are inconsistancies on both sides. I believe Galloway to be a more dispicable man than George Bush.

i m not a big fan of either i just think people should have balance saddam was undoubtedly a evil bastard but so was thatcher and bush and bush 2 and blair

people condemn galloway for meeting saddam but dont condemn people for meeting thatcher bush 1or2 or blair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

You are obviously bitter about Galloway, did gorgeous George take your girlfriend or something?

I think Bush will go down in history as the dispicable between Galloway and Bush.

well bush has been responsible for the killing of thousands of innocent people

I dont know of galloway killing anyone or being responsible for killing anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

I used to think George Galloway was an OK guy. This summer I went to see him speak at Trinity and listen to him say that we should not condemn the resistance movement in Iraq, that they had every right to do what they were (and are) doing (ie. suicide bombings and beheadings). After that, I started to look into his past, started reading about his relationship with Saddam Hussein and whatnot. Then when I saw the constituency he decided to run in, I finally lost it. I decided that I couldn't passively ignore his actions and his past. The constituency he now represents is Bethnal Green and Bow, the seat with the highest Muslim population in the UK. How manipulative can you get? One must also remind oneself that contrary to popular belief, that of the two UK politicians Iraqis know, Galloway remains the most hated.

For those of you who will no doubt say that Blair is the most hated, I woulld like you to refer to this piece by a prominent Iraqi blogger, I realise that he does not speak for every Iraqi, but he sure speaks for them more than anyone here can.

I remember one of those days before the war when I was working in Basra and I was watching a press conference for Mr. Blair on the Kuwaiti TV which we could get there without a dish satellite. There were many doctors in the residents' café' and all were watching and listening carefully, as they knew their fate was being decided these days. No one could express his opinion in public because of the natural fear and also because we all knew that one of our colleagues was a division member in the Ba'ath party. Some even thought they had to make some sarcastic remarks about Blair's speech to further prove their 'innocence'.

I didn't see anything strange in that because of the fear I knew they had and moreover I didn't even know how they really think since I've been their for only a couple of months and it was so hard to get people to trust you or to trust them as well. But what surprised me was that one of my friends whom I knew from college days and whom I knew was waiting impatiently for the coalition troops to liberate Iraq show the same attitude as the others. He started saying loudly that these arguments are all lies and that Tony Blair is lying like the rest and that they only want the oil.

I looked at him with wide opened eyes and said (in a low voice), "Are you serious??" He said, "Let's go play chess you and I", and we took a table away from TV, and before we started playing he said, "Do you really think I meant what I said? It's just that this Ba'athist is listening and watching everyone's reaction. You know what I think of Tony Blair? I love this man! He's the only one whom when speaks about Iraq speaks with such a passion and honesty that makes you feel his blood is boiling and that he wants nothing more than helping us. He really makes me believe sometimes he has an Iraqi blood in him! I mean he speaks like he KNOWS and FEELS what's happening here".

I couldn't agree more, and I still remember it very well, when Blair was speaking to the Labor Party shortly before the war and he was the only coalition leader I heard saying he's going to the war for human reasons mainly. He said it clear to the people gathering there that yes the WMDs was the major issue and that there are serious reports that cannot be ignored, but then his personal main reason to go to this war was to liberate 25 million people. He added (surely not his exact words but I remember very well what they spoke) that even if these reports were wrong then my conscience would be clear and I would feel no regret at all because we would be liberating and saving 25 million people from a life that's worth than death.

Refer also to this Iraqi Kurd's open letter to George Galloway:

Dear Mr. Galloway,

I know that you are campaigning hard to win the hearts and minds of the British public, and I wish you good luck in failing. I and many other people from Iraq, just like the father of the Iraqi blogs, Salam Pax, will never forget the scenes in which you were sitting and joking with Saddam Hussein on the screens of the Iraqi television.
    We were wondering what you were laughing about. Were the jokes of the dictator who filled the lands and the rivers with mass graves, who terminated birds and rivers, who did not differentiate between a killing baby and a soldier, were his jokes too funny? Or were you laughing at the Iraqi people for having a leader like Saddam Hussein?!

I know that your Christmas wish was the return of Father Saddam to power, so that you can visit Baghdad again and laugh at our expenses, but I got good news for you, Father Saddam will never see daylight again nor your dreams.

The people of Iraq regardless of our ethnic and sectarian differences are happy about the removal of Saddam Hussein and are working hard to bring back peace and stability to our new baby democracy.
    I know that many people in the world can not understand this and your harsh comment to Salam Pax that your country's troops have nothing to do with Saddam Hussein's removal and should not have intervened, are only adding more salt to our deep wounds.
    I know you now will regard me as a Kurdish collaborator and accuse me, just like you accuse any freedom-loving and Saddam-hating person of Iraq of "selling your country".
    We are not related to anyone in power in Iraq. We are just ordinary people loving freedom and democracy and want to live free just like anyone else in the world. We do not appreciate you stealing our cause and using it to steal the hearts and minds of the British public for your own benefits.

You traded with our cause when your friend, Saddam the killer, who you described as "calm, very calm indeed" ,was in power and now when he's locked up in jail, you continue to trade with our blood for your own benefits.

We are thankful for the forces of United States and United Kingdom and the rest of the world for getting rid of a dictator like Saddam Hussein. Many of us died and didn't live to see their long dream of a world-without Saddam, but those who are living today in that dream-come-true world, are not appreciating your works.

Warmest Regards
    p.s. Tell me your birthday date I will send you a series of terror-DVDs filmed by Saddam' s men of killing and torturing innocent civilians including the most popular one "The Lion" in which Uday, the dead son of your friend, is giving a man to a lion for loving a girl Uday liked.

My stemmings of dislike for George Galloway are always backed-up by his comments about the fall of the Soviet Union. He said the day the Soviet Union fell was "probably the worst day of my life".

And no, he did not steal my girlfriend, although I read he's prone to doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

*looks at Galloway's election campaign*
    *looks at Bush's election campaign*

Er, other than scale, what's the difference?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Go-on the Georgie Boy

Sparks wrote:
    *looks at Galloway's election campaign*
    *looks at Bush's election campaign*

Er, other than scale, what's the difference?

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,199 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yet you find Galloway to be the most despicable? :confused:

Galloway is not responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people, Bush is, yet you find Galloway more despicable than Bush? I think you have your priorities wrong.

If you are going to go on a rant with people for guilt by association, you should look at this

And now look at this and this

Guilt by association? Get a perspective.

Bush didn't do what Rumsfeld did. Rumsfeld is as bad if not worse (probably worse, actually, worse) than Galloway. But Bush, in terms of Saddam anyway, is guilt by association with someone who is guilty by association. Where as Galloway is guilty by association.

This has become terribly petty. It's late. I'm going to bed. I'm sure we will exchange views in the near future. Have a good night, man.

Ok, I've pondered it and I would like to take my Galloway over Bush comment. It was not thought through and was based on their actions in the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Quantum

Galloway is the Lord Haw Haw of the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

Quantum wrote:
    Galloway is the Lord Haw Haw of the 21st century.

someones been watching to much RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

Advertisement