Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crashed and Burned !

• 20-04-2005 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    Some disturbing reports have been coming my way from the elves about a poster campaign to get a certain young student named Crash a date against his wishes (I mean the poster campaign was against his wishes, not the idea of getting a date).
    Santa does not think this is cool.....mmkay ?

As a grad of the hallowed halls of the Buttery & Pav myself, I normally tend to turn a blind eye to letters from trinity students who quite plainly have given up believing in me but write to me in the hope I'll leave them an iPod on christmas morning.
    Well, anyone who persists with the persecution of young crash will lose their access to free stuff from me !!!!!!

On a more personal note, A bit of advise from an older man on how to get the unique species that are "Trinners gals".

Firstly, they prowl their territory (usually the arts block) in groups and it is always best not to approach them while in their group for safetys sake!

Secondly, within every group there is ALWAYS a "token" rotund young lady.
    Herein lies the lesson :
    Being seen to date this particular group member for a while and then gently and amicably letting her down will confer on you the status of being a "nice guy" who obviously see past mere looks alone thus giving you access to the rest of the group.

During my time in Trinty I used this tactic to particular sucess and managed to penetrate many a group.

I was also told by someone wiser than me (Think he was the Ents officer at the time) that if you shine a light directly into the eyes of any of the OT/dental nursing females, it has the effect of stunning them much like what happens to crocodiles and they will agree to almost anything (However you have a much more powerful weapon in your arsenal now than we had in my day....Bacardi Breezer).

Anyway, you have been warned...Crash has friends in high places !!!!!!!

Santa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Okaay.. Urm the crash thing has been done and dusted as far as I'm aware.

W.r.t. santa's dating advice. How would one go about "gently" letting said rotund young lady down. Any experience experience I've had with this, personal or objective, has always ended up with said group developing a sudden animosity towards the let-downer.
    Even if one was to successfully let down the let-downee with sufficient amicability that her friends didn't become vicious protective turncoats. How would one re-inegrate oneself back into the above group when "token" has (by default) fortified her position among these sympathetic creatures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

man. santas on the pipe again. :confused: i wonder if mrs. claus knows of your indiscretions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

On a more personal note, A bit of advise from an older man on how to get the unique species that are "Trinners gals".

Firstly, they prowl their territory (usually the arts block) in groups and it is always best not to approach them while in their group for safetys sake!

Secondly, within every group there is ALWAYS a "token" rotund young lady.
    Herein lies the lesson :
    Being seen to date this particular group member for a while and then gently and amicably letting her down will confer on you the status of being a "nice guy" who obviously see past mere looks alone thus giving you access to the rest of the group.

During my time in Trinty I used this tactic to particular sucess and managed to penetrate many a group.

Santa

Hmmmm, here's a bit of advice from an older woman. As much as i advocate recycling and reusing, women are not really all that enthusiastic about sharing men around in that way. And, yes, the group will turn on the so called 'nice guy' - we know what you're doing.

How about just treating women as human beings, being friendly and seeing how things go? If a guy is really a 'nice guy' we figure it out pretty quickly, and are happy to introduce him to all our friends if we're not interested in dating him ourselves.

As for santa's claimed multiple penetrations, well, i guess that's all what i'd categorise him as on the basis of that post is interested in. (it rhymes with 'stick', btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

cuckoo wrote:

If a guy is really a 'nice guy' we figure it out pretty quickly, and are happy to introduce him to all our friends

Surely being "introduced" is what he is trying to do for himself ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

cuckoo wrote:

As for santa's claimed multiple penetrations, well, i guess that's all what i'd categorise him as on the basis of that post is interested in. (it rhymes with 'stick', btw)

Mick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Firstly, they prowl their territory (usually the arts block)

Why not save yourself from hassle, loud voices and orange stains on your clothes by going for an East End Girl. They're smarter and cooler, and so much more versatile - you can actually take them outside the vicinity of Dublin 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

cuckoo wrote:
    How about just treating women as human beings, being friendly and seeing how things go?

Haha, Good one :D

...anyhow, i'm now going "on the lamb" as any girl i know who just read this is gonna end up kicking my ass tomorrow.

BYEEE!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Pet wrote:
    Why not save yourself from hassle, loud voices and orange stains on your clothes by going for an East End Girl. They're smarter and cooler, and so much more versatile - you can actually take them outside the vicinity of Dublin 4!
    aww :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

aww :cool:
    is EE not pharmacy/chemistry?

yeah, a lot of my friends do chem and pharmacy though..i thought it was nice anyways.
    ugh chemistry, if i end up having to do that next year i may do something ill regret.....
    (everyone is freaking out about subject choices at the mo if youre wondering where that came from)

• Advertisement

yeah, a lot of my friends do chem and pharmacy though..i thought it was nice anyways.
    ugh chemistry, if i end up having to do that next year i may do something ill regret.....
    (everyone is freaking out about subject choices at the mo if youre wondering where that came from)
    ah sure u got partial exemptions so i imagine ur sorted enuf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Darth Bobo wrote:
    is EE not pharmacy/chemistry?
    In the most technical sense yes. I'd imagine Pet is referring to the east-end of the college though..

Also SB.. you do realise that nobody who has ever applied for the astrophys option hasn't got it? All that is needed is to pass the year. I think there are 12 places (?), 4 or 5 of which are being taken up in my year, out of a class of 21 including repeaters.

If you have espey as a lab demonstrator, be prepared for him to go harder on you than the other physicists when bein interviewed on your lab reports. He sees you as his students and has some misguided perception of instilling work ethic by grilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I think we need to really have a proper discussion about the east end and finally put it to rest.

Is the East End part of the HAmilton Building? Is it part of the Panoz? Is Panoz part of HAmilton?

Should we just called the whole, maths, pharmacy, lecture theatre area the Science Block?

BTW, is it east end of campus or east end of something else? Me DEc and his mate had a discussion about the HAmilton Macs. These technically should be the Macs in the room straight on and left as you come to the big heavy swipe door. as opposed to the East End macs. Which are the newer ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

In the most technical sense yes. I'd imagine Pet is referring to the east-end of the college though..

Correct..While Pharmacy is made up mainly of attractive women, I meant the whole sciencey end of campus..they may not be dressed in hot pink, but at least you can have a conversation about matters other than shoes..
    I think we need to really have a proper discussion about the east end and finally put it to rest.

Is the East End part of the HAmilton Building? Is it part of the Panoz? Is Panoz part of HAmilton?

Should we just called the whole, maths, pharmacy, lecture theatre area the Science Block?

BTW, is it east end of campus or east end of something else? Me DEc and his mate had a discussion about the HAmilton Macs. These technically should be the Macs in the room straight on and left as you come to the big heavy swipe door. as opposed to the East End macs. Which are the newer ones.

I always wondered that too. The whole Hamilton/Panoz/Smurfit/O'Reilly thing confuses me.

Pet wrote:
    I always wondered that too. The whole Hamilton/Panoz/Smurfit/O'Reilly thing confuses me.

I always referred to the old trinity map in times of doubt. The Hamilton ends, for me anyways, at the glass wall visible on the first floor up. The "biotechnology building" is a bit of an old mystery to myself, but I always threw Panoz in after the entrance by the security desk & cloak room, and the Smurfit place just after the entrance to East End. In my twisted logic, I'd throw east end in with the Panoz then.

Myth wrote:
    I always referred to the old trinity map in times of doubt. The Hamilton ends, for me anyways, at the glass wall visible on the first floor up. The "biotechnology building" is a bit of an old mystery to myself, but I always threw Panoz in after the entrance by the security desk & cloak room, and the Smurfit place just after the entrance to East End. In my twisted logic, I'd throw east end in with the Panoz then.
    but considering half of the EE is under then what u consider the smurfit place is that half not in the smurfit thingy then?

Darth Bobo wrote:
    but considering half of the EE is under then what u consider the smurfit place is that half not in the smurfit thingy then?

Nah, I go by the way the entrance is in the Panoz, making the entire place in Panoz. That is, unless it's its own seperate location which it more then likely is..

Just guessing anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

Ah, come on - it's akll the Hamilton to me!

I mean, it's nice to differentiate, but anyone will immediately know where you're talking about!

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Also SB.. you do realise that nobody who has ever applied for the astrophys option hasn't got it? All that is needed is to pass the year. I think there are 12 places (?), 4 or 5 of which are being taken up in my year, out of a class of 21 including repeaters.
    ah yeah i know i was just in a bit of a bad mood yesterday :D
    there's 24 places for physics/astro this year (anyone who wants to do astro can)....i think about 30 people wanna do physics at tho mo though so some us of will be disappointed!! i figure my 2:1 (?) in schols should be enough though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Eeeek, when did physics get so popular? i've never, ever heard of anyone not getting a place in JS physics in the last few years. Astro was a bit more in demand in the past, but EP always had spare places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

i figure my 2:1 (?) in schols should be enough though...

That's usually enough to get into any course.

Advertisement