Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blake Norton Launches "Celtic Pro Wrestling"

• 20-04-2005 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

PRESS RELEASE: Blake Norton Launches "Celtic Pro Wrestling"

Dublin to play host to exciting new WWF-style wrestling camp

Professional wrestling celebrity Blake Norton is proud to announce the formation of Celtic Pro Wrestling (www.CelticProWrestling.com). The group will be launching its brand-new Dublin city training facility, the "Celtic Dungeon," in just over one week's time on Saturday, April 30th, at 11am. The facility is located in Cookstown Industrial Estate, which is a listed stop on the Luas tram line (www.luas.ie). Members of the media and wrestling fans are welcome to attend, where they will meet & greet with Blake & the CPW staff, get information about the school and promotion, and sign-up for wrestling classes.

Wrestling enthusiasts from the age of sixteen and up will have the opportunity to follow their dreams and learn the art of WWF-style professional wrestling as seen every week on Sky television. With the potential dangers of untrained kids performing "backyard wrestling," currently a hot topic in the Irish media, Celtic Pro Wrestling seeks to focus and train aspiring stars properly and safely in a supportive and monitored environment. We are proud to announce that our close friend Ross Hart of the world-famous Hart wrestling family in Canada is on board as CPW Senior Advisor. We will be deferring to his twenty years of experience in promoting and training, ensuring a fusion of old-school values with new-school ideas.

ABOUT THE STAFF

Promoter Blake Norton is one of the world's leading experts on professional wrestling. His journalistic career includes posts as contributing editor of World Of Wrestling Magazine and writer/presenter of "The Bagpipe Report" television show on The Wrestling Channel (Sky Digital Channel 427). In 1999, he received his formal wrestling training at the legendary "Hart Dungeon" in Canada, which has produced such championship wrestlers as Bret "Hitman" Hart, The British Bulldog, Chris Jericho and "Crippler" Chris Benoit.

Director Paul Gernon has been appointed head of CPW media. Gernon has played a pivotal role in promoting many of the wrestling shows that have taken place in Ireland & England over the last five years. Inside the business, he's considered an MVP, having been heavily involved in all promotional aspects from booking talent to organizing the locker room. Gernon's greatest contributions to Irish wrestling are in his specialty field; he is responsible for overseeing video projects with subjects ranging from the legendary Jake "The Snake" Roberts to hardcore wrestling idol The Sandman.

Senior Advisor Ross Hart is a second-generation wrestling kingpin who has traveled the world as did his brothers Bruce, Owen and Bret before him. He is currently a trainer and promoter for Stampede Wrestling (www.StampedeWrestling.com), the promotion started by his legendary father, the late, great Stu Hart.

Also involved in CPW will be Michael McGovern in publicity and Natina Norton in Graphic Design. McGovern has been heavily involved in the Irish wrestling scene in recent years, managing the website "The Dirt Sheet" and producing a weekly radio guide to the wrestling scene in Ireland. Norton's design experience stretches back all the way to 1996 where she designed the famous "ECW Hardcore Café" shirt that arguably defined a wrestling generation. She has also aided in the look and presentation of professional wrestlers ranging from The Apocalypse to "Super Chico" Bryan Alvarez, and her latest artistic contributions can be seen in the form of CPW's online network, www.CelticProWrestling.com.

THE CELTIC TRAINING PHILOSOPHY

What's most important to us at Celtic Pro Wrestling is that we give each student the most for their money - both in terms of training and opportunity.

Students will pay for training on a class-to-class basis. We realize that many aspiring wrestlers are working hard to make ends meet. For that reason, Celtic students are encouraged to go at their own pace, and attend the number of classes they feel comfortable with. When the time comes, we will assist our talent in booking appearances with major promotions abroad as they embark on their careers.

Registration and insurance coverage is a one-time payment of e45. Students with previous formal training experience with a recognized group will enjoy a reduced rate of e25 for registration and insurance, as part of our "no double-jeopardy" policy. Classes typically take place between Thursday and Sunday every week. Each class is charged at e12, with a reduced rate of e10 for each subsequent class booked on the same weekend. There are no minimum or maximum numbers of classes, and our class size restrictions ensure that every student receives individualized attention and great value for money. Registered students will also have the opportunity to book (a) "private classes" with trainers to work on specific parts of their technique and (b) "supervised ring time" where they can experiment and develop their moves on their own or with fellow students.

Says Blake, "We have a great team and look forward to giving Irish wrestlers a new promotion which embodies the very highest standards - a promotion where the sport is put first, where mutual effort and respect yield opportunities to succeed in professional wrestling. Welcome to Celtic Pro Wrestling!"

Further information about Celtic Pro Wrestling can be viewed at the company website www.CelticProWrestling.com or contact us via phone at (353) 86 128 0558

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Best of luck but I can't see it producing any good wrestlers. Then you mention Paul Gernon as Director. Not a single video project from him has ever been completed or seen the light of day. The one clip I did see from his had wrestling spelt "Wretling". As for the trainer, I'd rather have a proper trainer like the IWW one to work with or the NWA guys. That's a good spin you put on it but I'll wait to see the finished product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

My brother trains at the iww gym, and was "trained" by Blake last year for a few months too - anyway, CPW has been calling the iww students and asking them to jump ship. What sort of company would employ such deceitful, backstabbing tactics? Well?

I was also at the iww fan day about 18 months ago and saw the sloppy "preview" of the documentary by Mr. gernon which (as FX meister said), has never seen the light of day, and it was so bad it was funny - people chuckled when they saw the word "wretling"! lol

EDIT: I just started a topic on the CPW forums asking why they have been trying to poach the iww students, and Paul gernon deleted it within a few minutes. Obviously they don't like the tuth getting out and are trying to erase evidence of foul play. But if they have nothing to hide, why didn't they just answer my questions?

ANOTHER EDIT: I have just been banned by Mr Gernon. Where's that "Fan Relations" guy when you need him? lol. What a cool promotion! More than happy to address all questions posed to them! They're gonna go far!

I was told that when the IwW trainees got a new trainer they realised how bad Blake was. But it's not his fault, he's quite inexperienced as far as Wrestling matches go. Most of the IwW guys are better than him now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

?? I got a post deleted after saying that it sounded promising? Doesn't sound quite so promising now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

your better off going to wrestle with IWW or even NWA as they are both established training schools with some very good students and teachers, they have good track record and put on top shows.

• Advertisement

The only thing I can think of that CPW can offer that IWW and NWA can't, is that students will be allowed to wrestle on shows...................way before they are ready.

Just look at what happened that poor Cannibal kid when Blake put him on a show in Mount Temple last June - the poor guy messed up nearly every move, tried his finisher 3 times and messed it up - he was a laughing stock! He was nowhere near ready to be in a ring, but I heard Blake only has 7 matches under his own belt, so I guess he doesn't know any better.

So if guys are allowed on shows before they are ready, it will:
    a) make them look sloppy and embarass them
    b) make Blake look like a bad trainer
    c) make CPW look like a 'cheap imitation'
    d) rip off the fans

Someone from CPW please respond, because I posted the same questions on their forums, and they banned me - I guess the truth hurts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I saw a match of blake norton on one of IWW's old shows in a match against Doug Williams and Scotty Mac and its clear to see from it that this blake guy isnt very good at all. For the entire match he is beaten to a bloody pulp without the blood, everytime he fell, he seemed to get caught up in the ropes and looked very sloppy. Perhaps this is the way the match was meant to be but it did not carry blake across as an experienced wrestler. On the CPW website he carrys on and on about his wrestling heritage and experience as well as historical connections with the Hart family. As we all know Stu Hart trained Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, The Dynamite Kid and The British Bulldog to name a few, but such skills dont seem to shine through in the match I saw blake wrestle. Just like Hash Boy, I would like to see a CPW response as to why this whole CPW organisation comes across as a shoddy infringement of the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

I'd love to see where all these "truths" are coming from. Like the "truth" that Blake had any say at all in the booking of the Mount Temple show, he wasn't the promoter in IwW.

I have long since admitted that I wasn't ready for Mount Temple but how many people are after 3 months, it wasn't a reflection on the training I received but more of a reflection on IwWs eagerness to get back in the spotlight at the time after a 2 year absence from the scene. My training was fine, I froze on the night which can be expected the first time in front of a crowd and was righted by the time of my second match. It wasn't the first botched debut and it certainly won't be the last, these things happen.

And if Blake was such a bad trainer none of his former students would be returning to train under him after various people that IwW brought in would they? All CPW talent is there because they want to be. Blake made good impression during his time with IwW.

Please, don't use me as a point to put a good man down ever again, I have nothing but the highest respect for Blake Norton as do most of those who were fortunate enough to train with him in the past.

He was taken off a tour with All-Star Wrestling in England after the first night because he was so bad, they then made him ref. Don't believe the ankle crap, no one on the show remembered an ankle injury. His three way dance with two real wrestlers in Mount Temple was a farce, he made that whole match stink because he couldn't wrestle. And as was already said, he let people out who were too green, even for a show like that. I've seen Darren Burridge wrestle and I've seen him train and that guy is so much better then Blake. That's why most of the IwW guys are better than Blake is now. I think we all know by now how much Blake can talk crap about himself. Check out the music section on his website. He harps on about his bands album as if they were the Rolling Stones or something but one listen to his mp3s and you laugh at how bad this dime a dozen typical garage band actually are, complete with lame social commentary on one song about the USA and terrorism. Blake the Fake all the way man. Get the barf bags ready

"Stu was crazy into new media. One time when he was taken to hospital, I set up an e-mail address for fans to send well-wishes. The came from everywhere, including name wrestlers and the Premiere of Alberta. My wife Natina put them in a scrap book and we brought them to the hospital. Stu was a humble man, and when he saw the hundreds of letters he said 'Blake, you've made me a star.' I wanted to scold him for saying something so ludicrous. Until then, Stu truly had no idea how much the wrestling world respects him, so naming this facility in Ireland after my late mentor only seems fitting. But I'd be mortified if anyone thought it was an endorsement. Sadly, Stu isn't around today to either pat me on the back or wrench my neck, depending on how he'd view my efforts."

To top it off, they use music without the copy right permission on their promo on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 si_rochie

I'd love to see where all these "truths" are coming from. Like the "truth" that Blake had any say at all in the booking of the Mount Temple show, he wasn't the promoter in IwW.

I have long since admitted that I wasn't ready for Mount Temple but how many people are after 3 months, it wasn't a reflection on the training I received but more of a reflection on IwWs eagerness to get back in the spotlight at the time after a 2 year absence from the scene. My training was fine, I froze on the night which can be expected the first time in front of a crowd and was righted by the time of my second match. It wasn't the first botched debut and it certainly won't be the last, these things happen.

And if Blake was such a bad trainer none of his former students would be returning to train under him after various people that IwW brought in would they? All CPW talent is there because they want to be. Blake made good impression during his time with IwW.

Please, don't use me as a point to put a good man down ever again, I have nothing but the highest respect for Blake Norton as do most of those who were fortunate enough to train with him in the past.

I wasn't going to answer any of these posts by the likes of Cannibal or Blake Norton, but looking at the above and what Blake sent out in a recent Press Release, I need to comment......

Mick McGovern (Cannibal), was one of the weaker IwW trainees, hence after his two matches with IwW last July, he was only ever used ONCE after that in a battle Royal. Inwhich he failed to impress and showed us how 'unsafe' he was in the ring....Since that time Mick (Cannibal) has had a personal vendetta against IwW.

As for the 'Truths' you speak of! They come from every single place that Blake has ever worked, he has a terrible reputation. When he started with IwW he was given the Job due to the training tapes he showed me of his time in Clagary..I should have checked his references then.

He claimed to have had dozens of matches in Canada, worked as a trainer at the NWA school on Cork and was a graduate of the 'Dungeon'....All of the former where LIES. He only had TWO matches in Canada, briefly trained in Cork as a student and briefly trained at the Dungeon, before being booted out (Blake may say he left or money disputes :rolleyes: ). I was personally told he never 'Graduated' or was any kind of a wrestler after two matches.

Blake Norton has had 7 matches in his 7 year career, I say that word loosely. 4 of those matches where through me, 2 in IwW ad 2 in England, the english shows were meant to be 10 shows but he was so bad he was taken off the matches and made IwW look bad in the process.

Blake was later fired/sacked from IwW, after being the trainer for 2 months. The reason, he was not a Wrestler, let alone a wrestling trainer. He hurt so many people at the school and was a failure in his time there. He was totally dangerous and unsafe.

**And if Blake was such a bad trainer none of his former students would be returning to train under him after various people that IwW brought in would they? All CPW talent is there because they want to be. Blake made good impression during his time with IwW.**

Simple, Cannibal and Blake have been calling all of the IwW students/wrestlers, asking them to go to CPW and offering them matches straight away etc...The only IwW people that have gone are people that weren't booked at all in 2005, with the exception of Burning Spirit, who is very unsafe and was taken off the Easter Tour due to this.
    None of are regualr wrestlers or students have gone.

Blake sent out a Press Release saying that one of HIS trainees, Red Vinny got a WWE tryout...can you imagine the cheek. When Fit Finaly & Ricky Steamboat asked the IwW guys who trained them, they all said Lee Butler, Darren Burridge & various guest trainers like Raven, D'Lo Brown etc....They NEVER acknowledged Mr. Norton.

Blake, you seem to hang off the success of IwW achievments. You left a bad taste in the mouth of the IwW, as I'm sure you will to many more people that come into contact with you.

Would anyone on this board accept me calling NWA trainees/wrestlers and asking them to come to IwW cause its better, or sending guys to their shows with fliers for IwW. No, that would be total disrespect and unprofessional.

Its sad when you can't get booked anywhere at all and you have to set your own promotion up to get work.

This will be my only post on the subject. You have my number Blake, call me anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not sure which side is telling the truth and which side is telling porkies but I've checked out CPW's site and it says Ross Hart is on board so if Mr Norton is lying, how come one of the members of the Hart family is willing to help him?

I'm not sure which side is telling the truth and which side is telling porkies but I've checked out CPW's site and it says Ross Hart is on board so if Mr Norton is lying, how come one of the members of the Hart family is willing to help him?

Again - I reckon it's Blake putting yet another spin on the situation. Ross probably agreed to give him advice about this and that, so Blake makes him "senior advisor".

And who the hell is Ross Hart in the grand sheme of things anyway? Owen and Bret's brother? Stu's son? That's like saying you have Steve Austin's cousin, or The Rock's uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭burningspirit

si_rochie wrote:
    Burning Spirit, who is very unsafe and was taken off the Easter Tour due to this.
    [/B]

Yeah, taken off the tour. Thats why I was booked against CJ Summers in Lucan until Dragon got that nose bleed. Thats some selective memory you have there.

And as for everybody else, maybe some of the points you have made are true, but how about reserving judgement until CPW has had a chance to prove ourselves?

No offence but with you on the card you can only score them negatice points. In a recent match you had with Vid Vain you messed up a move and sat on his neck, good going with all your weight. Then when he gave you stick for it you started crying. And that's no exaggeration. I heard you were given out to for crying as you were making the IwW guys look bad.

It's more than likely just another embellishment by Blake, he trained at the Dungeon, perhaps called Ross and talked to him about his plans to open a school and that's the extent of his involvement. And as mentioned above, who is Ross Hart anyway? The son/brother of somebodies, but he is still a nobody.

FX Meister wrote:
    It's more than likely just another embellishment by Blake, he trained at the Dungeon, perhaps called Ross and talked to him about his plans to open a school and that's the extent of his involvement. And as mentioned above, who is Ross Hart anyway? The son/brother of somebodies, but he is still a nobody.

The point I'm making is that if he didn't make much of an impact whilst competing at the Dungeon, why is one of the Hart family members on such good terms with him? He makes some strong claims on his site about knowing Stu Hart very well and if this is bullsh*t as some people seem to be suggesting, why would Stu's son be keen on helping out a guy who is lying about his own father?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I googled Blake Norton just for kicks and I found this on WrestleZone UK, it's one of the top search results:

"Friday night, before the sold out crowd of 300 fans at the Billingham Hall in England, "Celtic Tiger" Blake Norton tapped out to the man recognized as 3CW's top star and one of England's best; Ice XVII. In a bid to take Ice's spot in the company, Norton had publicly goaded him into accepting the stipulation that the loser of the match must leave Europe. However, as fate's cruel sense of irony would have it, the gamble didn't pay off, and it is Norton who is contractually forced to leave Europe for a minimum of six months. As a result, he is not only prevented from wrestling on the continent during that first half of next year, but also from returning to work at The Wrestling Channel in Ireland until June 2005."

The whole piece can be found here.

I thought the stipulation was priceless considering the current bad press on the guy. I think he's being put across on these boards as a real chancer and a bit of a joke, I've never heard of the guy before CPW was created but from what I've read since, opinions towards him seem justified.
    Ya know he should probably have his own thread here where people could report on his latest "successful" ventures in sports entertainment ;)
    Only a suggestion!!

The point I'm making is that if he didn't make much of an impact whilst competing at the Dungeon, why is one of the Hart family members on such good terms with him? He makes some strong claims on his site about knowing Stu Hart very well and if this is bullsh*t as some people seem to be suggesting, why would Stu's son be keen on helping out a guy who is lying about his own father?
    Watch one of his matches and see how good he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Actually, could anyone get that promo that he put up to work. the ones in Stu Hart's dungeon worked fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

For those of you who dont know me, I am Dan. I wrestle as Red Vinny for IwW. The last year has been so great for me. I have been very blessed and very fortunite to get the chances I have recieved.

I have wrestled many MANY matches for IwW. In October of last year I wrestled for American Championship wrestling Alliance, ACWA in New Jersey, THANKS to IwW. There, I met Roman who is a current WWE house show/tv worker, and has been on WWE 3 times over the past month alone. I also had the privilage of having a long talk with ECW legend Balls Mahoney.

On the day of my 21st birthday, AJ Styles gave me an indept wrestling lesson. Once again this was all due to IwW.

Apon returning for America, I wrestled Xavier, Matt Striker and had a very enjoyable high profile match with another WWE tv worker, and NWA wildside champion at the time, Fast Eddie. This was on an IwW Show in northern Ireland.

On the same tour of Ireland, I had the complete and total honour of wrestling one of my mentors, CJ Summers. A man who has thought me so much about all the aspects of wrestling. He is a gentleman and a friend, who I have so much respect for. All the IwW wrestlers that have the pleasure to have worked with CJ have all agreed, he is one of the most under rated indie talents out there.

At the end of 2004, I had the please to wrestle Irish Dragon in Lucan GAA club. The same night Alex Shane, the owner of the FWA, europes most succesful promotion, hand picked me to be in his main event. This was also a huge honour which I embraced.

I traveled over seas again at the start of the year to wrestle for BCW in Scotland. On this show, I had the honour to meet Misawa and Ogowa, along with Tiger emperior and Doug Williams.

2005 for IwW begun with the IwW super-show and second national tour. The supershow was the greatest night of my life, in wrestling and in general. I had the honour to wrestle Jonny Storm, M-Dogg 20 and was amazed to hear that Jodie Fleish asked IwW if he could make his return in this match. This was the biggest news in European wrestling at the time.

In Waterford, I not only wrestled the legendary Raven, I had the chance to sit with him for 2 hours and have him help me with every aspect of my wrestling.

On the tour I had the chance to wrestle M-Dogg, Jonny Storm, Vid Vain, Mad MAn Manson and Cj Summers. I learned so much from this tour and especially from my trainer "The Pukka One" Darren Burridge, who is the my icon in my wrestling career. He is also one of the greatest guys Ive ever had the privilage to share a ring with.

This month, I had a try out for WWE. I found my self in a WWE ring, while Fit Finaly and Ricky Steamboat told me "I had good, strong agression and skill". At this exact moment, about three quaters of the Smackdown locker room were looking at how I conducted myself in their ring.

Last week I was told that I had just appeared on Japanese television along side wrestling the legend Misawa.

This is not name dropping. This is my wrestling CV, my resume. All this has been thanks to IwW and my dedication. The men I will thank for my success, the men I could not have done this without are

SIMON ROCHFORD, IwW promoter and owner, for putting alot of trust in me.

DARREN BURRIDGE, for his patience, friendship and for the chance to learn the art of wrestling from on of the best technically sound wrestlers in Europe.

CJ SUMMERS, for helping me with my career in, and out of the ring.

There are so many more people I would like to thank, all at the wrestling channel, Alex Shane and the FWA. Thank you all. I thank god (which is Ironic since apparently Im a Heretic :) ) everyday for what he has given to me.

Blake Norton, is a liar. He feeds off other peoples success and on name recognision. He did ATTEMPT to train me. However, due to his lack of experience, he simply couldnt. What he tought me was wrong, and thanks to Doug Williams and Darren Burridge, those wrongs were corrected.

I wanted to remain professional and quiet about CPW. But I have been dragged into this on a personal level which goes agenst all aspects of respect in wrestling and life in general.

For those of you, not involed in the Irish wrestling scene, I am sorry this has been made so public. I cant persuade you to believe me, or Blake, or anyone else. Look at all sides and make up your own minds. I trust you will see the truth in this cloud of lies.

Thank you all, so much for reading my rant :), thank you all SOOOOO much (you have no Idea how much) for helping me achive what I have, and supporting me along the way.

Your friend and mod
    Dan/Red Vinny

Well said. Now THAT is a guy who isn't up his own ass.

Hanza wrote:

Blake Norton, is a liar. He feeds off other peoples success and on name recognision. He did ATTEMPT to train me. However, due to his lack of experience, he simply couldnt. What he tought me was wrong, and thanks to Doug Williams and Darren Burridge, those wrongs were corrected.

I wanted to remain professional and quiet about CPW. But I have been dragged into this on a personal level which goes agenst all aspects of respect in wrestling and life in general.

For those of you, not involed in the Irish wrestling scene, I am sorry this has been made so public. I cant persuade you to believe me, or Blake, or anyone else. Look at all sides and make up your own minds. I trust you will see the truth in this cloud of lies.

Thank you all, so much for reading my rant :), thank you all SOOOOO much (you have no Idea how much) for helping me achive what I have, and supporting me along the way.

Your friend and mod
    Dan/Red Vinny

I confess to knowing very little about the Irish wrestling scene although I went to the NWA Ireland show the other night which was my first glimpse of Irish wrestling. I think your story is truly remarkable and you should be very proud of your success. I'd like to have a look at an IwW show one of these days.

Could I ask you how you got involved with IwW and also how long it took you to learn your craft?

Could I ask you how you got involved with IwW and also how long it took you to learn your craft?

Check out the website http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/

They train in howth afaik

IwW train in Baldoyle, just a few minutes walk from Howth Junction train station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

si_rochie wrote:

The only IwW people that have gone are people that weren't booked at all in 2005, with the exception of Burning Spirit, who is very unsafe and was taken off the Easter Tour due to this.

Burning Spirit is still included on the IWW roster page of their website, and gets as good a write up as anyone.

So if he's as bad as you say, then it's not just CPW telling lies, is it?

D-FENS wrote:
    Burning Spirit is still included on the IWW roster page of their website, and gets as good a write up as anyone.

So if he's as bad as you say, then it's not just CPW telling lies, is it?

Dont trust the IWW roster, it's about two ot three years old. I heard it will be updated soon though.
    Never heard anyone bad about Burning Spirit's wrestling ability either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

fair play Hanza, that's amazing! any word back from the WWE tryout? was it when they were over here?

I saw you on a flyer for IWW afaik and I have a question....

what's with the guy in all the Burberry. was kinda hoping he was called the 'Chavmaster' or something. is he actually an irish wrestler of an american who unfortunitely doesn't realise he looks like a car thief!? :)

That's Darren Burridge, he's English and he's the head trainer of IWW. If I've been paying attention..

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    That's Darren Burridge, he's English and he's the head trainer of IWW. If I've been paying attention..

Well i hope he's not training anyone with their mic skills, i seen an advert on TWC with him and Johnny Storm recently.
    Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Oh yes, coming from Ric Flair himself over here...

lol

I just heard that the CPW "school" is in a residential garage with a really low ceiling. As usual Blake is putting a spin on it, saying that the original dungeon was the same (leaving out the fact that the Harts also had a full sized ring outdoors). Apparently, they weren't allowed use the first premises becasue they couldn't get insurance - the spin about the WHOLE industrial estate being sold at the last minute was yet another lie. That industrial estate isn't owned privately - each unit is owned separately. But Blake claimed that he wanted to find somewhere better....major lol. If that was the case, he would have realised that when he went to view it!

See attached. lol

So, to sum it up - they have a small garage behind a house, they have no insurance, they have IWW rejects (the guys who cried because they didn't get used on shows - because they didn't train), and a trainer who has only had 7 matches and 9 months training himself. This should be a laugh.

C*nts Pretending to Wrestle
    Maybe AJ Styles can show Blake how to run the ropes properly - 'cos Blake showed everyone else the wrong way!

D-FENS wrote:
    Well i hope he's not training anyone with their mic skills, i seen an advert on TWC with him and Johnny Storm recently.
    Pathetic.

He was great at the IWW show I was at. Really got the crowd going against him. My mates weren't surprised at all when I mentioned that he was the head trainer

And is there really such a need to namecheck Stu Hart so much in CPW?!

leggo wrote:
    Oh yes, coming from Ric Flair himself over here...

I'm not trying to do a advert/promo on TV Pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yes, and there's a reason he is doing one and you're sitting at your PC running him down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

i just googled blake norton and http://www.wrestling101.com/101/newsitem/1644/ says he is
    Promoter Blake Norton is one of the world’s leading experts on professional wrestling
    . i belive red vinny on this as i trust him and know he would not run down another promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

FX Meister wrote:
    Blake writes those things about himself, and he believes his own hype.

The pathetic (but absolutely factual) thing is that Blake is far from an expert. He knows NOTHING outside of mainstream US promotions. He knows nothing about Lucha, nothing about Japan, and nothing about the UK scene or anywhere else. How does that make him an expert?

And he claims to be tight with The wrestling channel - then how come IWW just got a TV deal?

Since he announced CPW, he has caused nothing put controversy: trying to poach iww students, taking credit for Red Vinnys WWE tryout, lying about why his premises was moved, putting a spin on everything, and trying to make himself look important by association. It's just sad. FACT remains, that this guy has only trained for 9 months and had 7 matches, and people like Doug Williams, Brian Dixon, and Nadie Neidhart have called him a "useless worker" and a "joke".
    It's funny the way he never responds to these type of questions, and when I asked them on the CPW forum I got banned.

I took a spin out to Jamestown Road last week and it is an residential area, with a back lane backing houses. A quick spin to Cookstown Industrial Estate showed a lot of units that were up for rent; rather odd for an estate that has been "sold" and told them to leave, as CPW would have us believe. Meanwhile, such companies as Konica Monolta Cameras, FAS, Allied Foods, Smurfits, Opel and more were busily not moving out a la CPW while a crane beavered away making a new warehouse. A sure sign of an estate being sold if ever there was one.

I am sure Blake will respond to these charges in time, with some sort of line like "where the likes of Benoit, British Bulldog, Bret Hart etc trained where I trained" a mere 15 years after he went to Calgary. That or some sacharine story about his wife designing a T Shirt therefore she is the next Vince Russo, or showing Doug Williams how to drop kick, being mates with Mke Modest, or Stu being made a star by him for getting cards sent to him, or inventing the sharpshooter. Maybe you can spot the spun tale here.... I sure can't :cool:

Blake Norton. The man. The Myth. The ****.

leggo wrote:
    Yes, and there's a reason he is doing one and you're sitting at your PC running him down.

You're right, i'm so jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

On the cpw website he listed as having worked with Lance Storm, now this immedeatly gets my interest, so I emailed Lance about him to see if he knew the guy or could recommend him as a trainer!!

Lance said he never heard of him!! That worries me!!

Also, id just like to say, Hanza, I somewhat slated you in a review of the IWW show in waterford with Raven, but your living the life I can only dream of, so fair fecks to you!!

That's the kind of thing you can expect from Blake the Fake.

• Advertisement

I was reading the CPW forums and in it someone posted something to blake asking him why is their so much negative reactions to him on boards and other forums. Blakes reply was that we are all liars posting under 'fake' usernames and delibrately setting out to give cpw a bad name. Firstly im not in any wrestling promotion but most importantly im not a liar, blake has been caught out in so many lies by many people claiming to know many wrestling greats when clearly he does not, take lance storm for instance. Also Blake if your reading this take a look to the left of this post and see my name.. its no fake and I have been posting here for quite some time and did not make my name up to sh1t on your cereal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

What is he talking about? :rolleyes:

Didnt I just tell everyone exactly who I am? What is he trying to do. The hole he is digging keeps getting deeper and deeper. He is lying to the public about stuff said on a public forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Hanza wrote:
    What is he talking about? :rolleyes:

Didnt I just tell everyone exactly who I am? What is he trying to do. The hole he is digging keeps getting deeper and deeper. He is lying to the public about stuff said on a public forum.[/QUOTE

Hey Hanza, you know better than everyone else here on this...All one has to do is look at any of Blake Norton's replies to any question he is asked and it is spun around to invariably bring up within one paragraph, the likes of Calgary, the Dungeon, being surrounded by his lackey kids who he namechecks to pretend they are big wigs or "respect of the business", while talking about himself and how much he "loves" the business.

I think it was D'lo Brown who said to IWW Students in November that the ones who talk about how good they are are usually never are that good.....

I'm finding this very entertaining actually! It's not very often someone who sounds this stupid comes along! Just hope none of his students end up injured cos of him, cos I wouldn't be surprised by the way it all sounds

I can just imagine someone's feet getting stuck in the ceiling of that garage place after a suplex gone wrong

I'm also finding this kinda interesting and looking at the website here, it seems as if CPW is (whether we like it or not) under way and training so i guess we'll have to wait and see what if anything comes out of it.

I heard that indeed cpw is underway in a grotty, dangerous, firehazard of a private residential backgarden garage with no insurance, there is a wrestling ring blocking the entrance where you have to climb through to gain access to the building and the toilets... sounds like a deathtrap to me. I also believe that the low level ceiling stops anyone from trying any high flying stuff so it all seems a bit pointless.

Don't you know that the Hart family Dungeon was also a deathtrap?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

yea but it was run properly and what ive heard of blake the snake <i like that> he just uses people he will probly just sell cpw after it gos noware in a few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Fozzy wrote:
    Don't you know that the Hart family Dungeon was also a deathtrap?!!

hahaha well spun!!!
    ...wait a second, your blake arent you!! haha!!

he must be using a fake username :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement