Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLi Problem

Options
  • 20-04-2005 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

As a couple of you here know I have just gotten two XFX 6800GT's which I am attempting to set-up at the moment.
    There seems to a be a bit of an issue with SLi which isn't really documented. :(
    It doesn't work well with widescreen DVI monitors by a few accounts! :(

This, naturally, is a bit of a pisser for me, given that I blew a load of money on a WS TFT lately ;)

I have tried both cards separately in both slots, and they both work fine.
    I thought that my problems were due to a bad SLi bridge, but I tried another last night to no avail.

So, if anyone who has an SLi set-up and a widescreen monitor that is working with it can you post your details here please?
    Alternatively, if any kind soul is living near D4 (Donnybrook), and would like to pop over and test my set-up with a non-WS monitor I would be very grateful!

These drivers are supposed to cure the problem. Xtreme G drivers. I'm gonna try them this evening.

<edit>Here is a description of some issues similar to what I am experiencing</edit>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

so you reckcon its the widescreen thats the prob ill drop over a ole crt 15" that might help if you want ill drop it over to you later ...i'd bring over my TFT but i have it wall mounted which was sh1t hard to put up soi wont be taking that down till i get ny 30 lcd :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

That'd be great dub, thanks. Still no closer to a solution :(

nVidia forums are alive with people up in arms due to this problem! It's not fixed in the current drivers either, even though it is in the release notes!

P.S. Don't get the 30" LCD until this is resolved, or else those BFG's will be gathering dust!

Advertisement