Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Fu%*ing Game!

Options
  • 20-04-2005 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Can u remember when you completely lost it .ie went really angry/Temporary insanity, in a game where it just just got sooo bad , ie throwing the joystick around and screaming?!

Empire Strikes back on the snes, Darth Vader managed to kill me after i got though the whole game without losing one life, and u had to start right back at the levels start, which was next to impossible! ill never forgive him for that ! :mad: :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Pga tour golf.... when it all went to sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Happened me once or twice alright but what stands out in my head is when a "friend" of mine back in school got beat in snes StreetFighter2 for the 20th consecutive time - he lost it completly and in a rage, yanked out the controller from it's port and screamed how ****e the game was and that I was cheating by using Guile etc etc and then storming off home.....

I was a bit pissed off my snes could've been damaged but looking back, I have to chuckle....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Mario Kart used to infuriate me.
    Special Cup (whatever the last one was called after Star), one or two coins, Bowser or Donkey Kong would bump me and because of their weight you stalled. Then I'd end up with no coins and someone else would hit me and I'd spin out.
    Would always happen when I was leading. God damn cheating AI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Mario Party! When your winning and some crazy random event in the final turn, usually initiated by an irrelevant party, makes you swap everything with the person in last and turns the game upside down. Very frustrating after 50 turns!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Diddy Kong racing versus a pig boss if I remember... You had to make it around the course and time jumps over water perfectly... Even a slightest mistake meant you couldn't catch up with the boss and overtake him...... I almost threw my n64 out the window and probably would have followed it out had I not finally beaten the race after I dunno how many attempts and almost beating him each time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I usually do a lot of shouting at the TV but have never gotten into a rage. I like challenging games but if it's frustrating I use some language that I never knew was part of my vocabulary. One series that really annoys me are the Mario Kart games because of the cheating AI. My brother once broke the shock function of my dual shock controller after slamming it off the ground during a particularly hard license test in Gran Turismo 2was failed for the umpteenth time. I also have a friend who's brother broke his hand after punching through the wall of his computer room because of the license tests Gran Turismo 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

not many games get me annoyed but halo 2 does when i play online and i have been shootin someone and they shoot at me with the same weapons and i end up dying! grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Had to be mario kart on the snes. Trying to shave off those last few seconds of your time, the lap is going so perfectly on the last corner you feck it up which results in the pad being thrown against the wall.

Also Goldeneye facility level trying to get under 2:05. Torture.

Guy I know had a playstation and Final Fantasy 7. I only played it a bit at the start. He played it though to the end and was on the boss sephiroth I iirc and brought his playstaion to my house. He showed me the boss and said he has nearly beaten him. I ask for a go against him and guess what I finished it. Wasnt very happy with that, I thought it was funny though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Some of the levels in Command And Conqer series, where you have like ONE spy to go around the entire enemy base, you spend about half an hour moving slowly, planning everything, then out of nowhere a guard dog comes up and eats you in half a second.

Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i've never really go in a rage but games that frustrate me are

Counter-Strike - really frustrating but i love it really.
    street fighter II - was crap at it but my brother was worse and he kept beating me (button basher)
    pro evo4 - just frustrating but in a good way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

The first Project Gotham Racing got stupidly hard towards the later levels (something MSR on the Dreamcast was also guilty of).

Especially on the 'endurance' levels where you could easily race for 14 laps, focused hard the whole time, making those tight corners and creeping slowing up to pole position.

Then WHAM the AI controlled car decides to rear end you on one corner and 3 seconds later you're back in last position, damn I nearly threw the controller through the screen on one occasion :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

FFVII

Every FPS on a console that I've had the misfortune to pick up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Viewtiful Joe 2 :mad:
    there's one section in it where you have to hit 3 switches with silvias replay deelio, after using joe's mach speed to stun the enemies that are carrying the switches.
    for some reason i just cant hit the switch on top of the deelio... i tried so many ****ing times, i even checked a faq :(
    that nice feeling of superiority for owning a game before most other peeps soon wore off, and i haven't played it since the first week i got it (back in december)
    that ruined an otherwise damn fine game for me.
    it's most likely something obvious that i'm supposed to do... might go check for any newer faqs now actually...

fzero gx
    man that's one steep difficulty curve! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Guy I know had a playstation and Final Fantasy 7. I only played it a bit at the start. He played it though to the end and was on the boss sephiroth I iirc and brought his playstaion to my house. He showed me the boss and said he has nearly beaten him. I ask for a go against him and guess what I finished it. Wasnt very happy with that, I thought it was funny though!!

He was pretty easy to beat though. The only time I lost it was dying for about the 100th time fighting either the ruby or emerald ultimates because I didn't know what materia you needed to beat them. God damn it they were hard.

Counterstrike is about the only game that I lose the head with these days. Mariokart when your mate gets 4 lightnings in a row and just as it's about to wear out mario runs into you leaving both of ye in last place. Grrrrrr :mad: I got my revenge though by getting 5 in a row a few weeks later.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Some of the licence tests in GT spring to mind, and PES4, you spend the whole game trying moves to score and you finally do in the last ten minutes, then the computer scores in one of its only attacks gah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tman wrote:
    fzero gx
    man that's one steep difficulty curve! :eek:

Those story mode challenges really get on the wrong side of me :mad:

I had trouble with the last boss of FFVII as well. I don't believe in levelling up in RPGs but the ridiculous difficulty jump of the last boss in most of the games really annoys me. I never level up though. I just do the subquests until I get the 'ridiculous magic of smiting'.

However the most annoying was the FF9 final boss. No matter how high your level was if you didn't get lucky with his attacks you would get annihilated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Football manager 2005 the game can piss you off in ways only a fellow fm player can know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Retr0gamer wrote:
    However the most annoying was the FF9 final boss. No matter how high your level was if you didn't get lucky with his attacks you would get annihilated.

lol I beat him first time with no trouble what-so-ever, must have been real lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Funny thread, brought a few smiles...

I don't know if it's me but pretty much every game I played (on the NES, SNES, PS, PS2 and more recently on the PC) frustrated me at one point or another... I broke 4 NES pads, 6 SNES pads (damn you Super Mario!!!), 2 PS pads and 1 PS2 pad. More recently, I broke my PC keyboard playing Call of Duty online (punched it and it broke in half - thank God they're cheap).

After reading myself I think the problem lies with me... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

games ive lost my temper at:

-counter strike
    -joint ops
    -supermario world
    -all FF games have made me angry at some point especially X-2
    -super mario 2 and 3
    -those WWF games can annoy me when they keep counter attacking infinitely
    -gran turismo 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

gran tourismo licences always pissed me off

other than that, playing SWG and waiting 4 hours for a krayt dragon to spawn, running around the canyon on tatooine, then having one spawn on top of me as my buffs are wearing off and im leaving. then when i get back to kill it someone else killed it. i felt better after i killed him for being overt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Someone should design a controler that is made to break apart when it is thrown to the ground, that would give you that satisfaction ofo destroying it, but then when you have cooled off and you can continue to play with it by pyutting it back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Final Fantasy X-2:
    Every. ****ing. Cutscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Final Fantasy X-2:
    Every. ****ing. Cutscene.

the annoying cut scenes werent what made me angry at that game as much as the characters and annoying voices that they have and incessantly use in battle, oh that made me angry allright

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Counter strike is the most annoying game in the universe, and the worst thing about is its worth it for the gameplay...

You're running along, some guy walks into view, you line up, fire, keep firing, three round bursts again and again and by all logic he should be dead five times over, then he sees you and BLAM fires a million bullets into the air near you, they all miss except for the last one which just HAPPENS to hit your head. AAAAHHHHHHHRRRRRGGGGGGG!!! Die ffs die!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I don't believe in levelling up in RPGs

heh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

quarryman wrote:
    heh? :confused:

Levelling up is a stupid method of character devolpment...

Hahaha I have 80 HP, meaning that you sir will have to spend ten minutes stabbing me if I am to die...hahaha stupid level one mage hahahha

And there are ten thousand other thigns wrong with it but I won't get into it...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Mario Kart on the GC.

Coming first, need third or higher place to win super special magic (16 race) cup for the gold kart on rainbow road:
    Red shell, red shell, blue shell, blue shell, passed, big banana, passed, bomb, red shell, passed, line. 4th place. GC through expensive TV, shape of me in window, a murder, 20 to life being visited by a criminal pshycologist. Grr.

otherwise, i'm a happy-go-lucky kind of a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Used to do it a lot when I was younger, lately though some of the time trials in burnout 3. Last level of Super Mario Bros, missing one of the pipes or even worse going down the wrong one. Gosts 'n' Ghouls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Doom 3 - after 5 minutes, how many more stupid monsters are going to jump out at me, .... I'd have been more entertained if they we Marty Whelan monsters.

Advertisement