Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Fu%*ing Game!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Anything multiload on the spectrum. Taking notes of the counter readings for each part, "Press play on tape" etc. Oh and cheating bloody RTS games that keep pumping out new units even after you've cut off all their raw materials.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I seem to recall my gameboy breaking years and years ago, conveniently around the same time that I got stuck on Metroid 2. Fzero and Fzero GX have also probably contributed in a negative way to my blood pressure...but nothing was ever as irritating as the arcade version of Art Of Fighting....gah. Stupid b*stard King! Kick my ass, will you? Oh. You just did. Again. And again. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! (And then that crappy "revelation" that she's a girl.....grrrrrrrrrr)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Most frustrating game I ever played was called China Miner on the C64. A rip-off of Manic Miner. I doubt anyone here has ever played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

oh yeah i broke a mouse against my wall before when playing Frontier
    i was in a brand new panther trader, had gotten the crew together (took nearly a year at the station) had loaded up a full hold of robot parts going to van maenan, where they are illegal.

then i misjump.......my drive is destroyed, im several real years from van maenan even with the accelerated time. then when i reload the game im back in my kitted out constrictor that i was using for military work.

i forgot to save.........(4 hours gameplay)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

smile.gif

"And what did we learn today class?"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

That the gameboy-wall interface is volatile?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i know some one who broke there gameboy because they headbutted it too much when playing Batman animated series.

Another annoying RPG was Xenosaga. The battle engine was a joke. The game allowed you too boost which meant skipping ahead of everyone else and getting to go. The CPU could do this also but instead of keeping track of the boost the CPU did it whenever it felt like it. What resulted was getting beaten by normal battles because the CPU decided to boost 4 times in a row and bosses that after they take more than half everybodies health with an attack do it again and wipe you out with no chance to counter or heal. The last boss was also ridiculous. It had an attack that killed all my characters instantly unless I spent hours levelling up. I didn't. I got the uber powerful summon thingy instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Halo 2 has been doing it for me latly, you empty all your ammo into some annoying american kid only to have him turn around and shoot you once and you die, argh.

Lost the head so much with my c64, broke so many joy sticks in frustration when id get killed and have to start over again and spend hours reloading some crappy game. Finally got a good black stick that wouldnt break no matter what i did to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Pro Evolution Soccer

It makes you think your controller is broken. After whacking it and tossing it across the room a few times, it MAKES SURE your controller is broken!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Shred

Shadowman on the N64 about 5 or 6 years ago - in one of the later temples there was this particular jump (can't remember specifics tbh) and sometimes you'd jump it no problem but other times you'd just fall into lava for no reason :mad: (/Edit: forgot to mention you'd then have to start the temple all over again fom the start!)
    Eachtime you'd jump it the exact same way but sometimes you just wouldn't make it. So I was playing it one night for a couple of hours and this was really pissing me off so I threw the controller at the post of my bed but it didn't break. Played some more and fell again - AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHyousonofaf**kingb*itchm*therf**ker!!!!!!!!!!! I threw it again but this time I smashed it into bits :o
    Man I loved that game though (one of the few who did I think).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PES all incarnations, "IT WAS NEVER A ****ING FREE".

Soul Caliber 2" he did not just hit 27 times in 2 seconds!!!!!!"

Super Mario Sunshine," i made the ****ing jump".

Killer instinct "ahh only 426 hit combo, you disappoint me"

Bubble Bobble" bugger didnt see him"

Grand Prix on N64/Original Wipeout/F Zero "WALL!!!!!!!"

Wonderboy on C64" WTF its starting on level 1 again"

Metroid Prime " that game beat me"

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

n00bUs M4xlmus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

KdjaC wrote:
    Meta Ridley on hard mode was an absolute hoor of a boss
    i say "was"... i guess the tense should be "is" though, seeing as i never managed to beat the cocksprout :o
    and you have to face him so goddamned soon after barely scraping through the Omega Pirate battle (and that long stretch between save points in phazon mines, leading up to the power bomb)
    ah well... i'm happy with my 200% normal mode game...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

just played this evil level on jak 2. Simply put you must start at one end of these series of connecting walkways...fall off and your dead...and then the game just sends in wave after wave of troops in front of you and behind you and they dont stop. You cant sprint through it cause get to close to the dropships and they bomb you. so you have to concentrate moving slowly each step (dont go down wrong walkway or you'll never get out) trying your best to kill Everything...was at it for close to 3 hours tonight...i was fairly pissed off by the end.

-maximo...HOW THE F*CK DO YOU SAVE IN THIS GAME?

MOHAA last level on hard is just taking the ****ing piss.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac
    Agreed, but it's only really the last corner that is *impossible*, much F5/F9-age!!

And what a **** ending.... "The End"... WTF I was expecting a congratulatory video sequence thanking me for saving Europe or something! Ah well...

I remember the most frustrated I ever was while playing games was in SuperMetroid, just when ye had to let off a Powerbomb in the glass tunnel to get into Meridia. I couldn't figure it out FOR SO LONG (in fairness, it's not exactly an *obvious* solution now) I just didn't know where to go, I must have checked every inch of the gameworld a hundred times over for a door I might of missed or a hidden tunnel and read that bloody 'guide' a million times!!

So I gave up.

Broke my heart it did, because I was having so much fun, 'twas a brilliant game even just up to then.

Until... a month or so later I happened to be reading SuperPLAY, which used to have a 'help' section where readers would ask questions and get cheats/hints from the guys. Someone had sent in my exact problem, and just knowing it wasn't just me gave me a feeling of "phew, I'm not such a bad guy, it's *their* fault!!"

So I tried it, couldn't believe that mere mortals could concieve of such ingenious level design and finished the game later that week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac
    If I knew in advance that my only reward for dying about a hundred times and going through hell to finish that final MOHAA level was to simply jump onto a train and that was it, I wouldn't have done it! I actually wondered was my disk broken...where is the ending cut-scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Twisted metal black on the PS2 wrecked my head for ages couldnt beat the final boss no matter what i did. Then as mentioned above - no ending movie (well ok a very short one of the boss exploding).
    Actually does anyone know if there is SUPPOSED to be any movie sequences for that game at all ?? There were hardly any at all and i was just beginning to wonder if maybe it WAS my disc after all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    -maximo...HOW THE F*CK DO YOU SAVE IN THIS GAME?

Take 50 coins to the pool in the hub levels.
    I remember the most frustrated I ever was while playing games was in SuperMetroid, just when ye had to let off a Powerbomb in the glass tunnel to get into Meridia. I couldn't figure it out FOR SO LONG (in fairness, it's not exactly an *obvious* solution now) I just didn't know where to go, I must have checked every inch of the gameworld a hundred times over for a door I might of missed or a hidden tunnel and read that bloody 'guide' a million times!!

Was stuck on that for ages as well. Gave up on the game too. I started the game again a year later and after searching the whole game for the 5th time I finally coped it. It was so satisfying seeing the glass crack and then after a few seconds it shattered :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Street Fighter 2 Turbo, played at ten star speed and hardest difficulty, beat the game with all 12 characters apart from bloody Dhalsim! The others weren't to bad but I must have spend 5 or 6 months on and off playing as him and every time M. Bison would beat me, even if I had taken a round off him and only had to hit him once more to win he would still come back, the b****rd!!!

Three broken controllers and a broken t.v later I decided to just pack the game in for good!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I almost broke my PS2 controller today playing Pro Evo 4, I was playing as Ajax in the Masters League against Marseille at the hardest difficulty winning 1 - 0 with 10mins left.

The they get a corner which I fail to clear properly and its crossed back in again and goes directly into the goal over the head of the defender on the goal post :mad:.

5mins later another corner they get a header on goal saved lands at the feet of my defender, who at this stage goes retarded and proceeds to run into my keeper and the ball rolls into the goal.

I proceed to throw the controller at the floor very hard at point blank range resulting in the R2 button to fly off and the R1 button to become stuck but after a minute of fiddling the controllers ok :D

I finish the match and to add insult to injury they got a third in injury time.

beat the game with all 12 characters apart from bloody Dhalsim!

Jump up and do fast down and strong kick spinny foot things when he jumps at you :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

KdjaC wrote:
    PES all incarnations, "IT WAS NEVER A ****ING FREE".
    You said it the amount of free kicks NOT awarded is unreal & it dosn't understand the concept of a back pass :mad: still we love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ninja Gaiden

i've only gotten as far as the first boss :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I had Micrprose Grand Prix on my amiga and used to love playing it. I got to a stage where I was playing full seasons of full length races regularly. I had the competition rebalanced to approximate whatever season was being run at the time, and then gave myself the equivalent of a 5 year old car, something with a 50 BHP defecit on the slowest car on the grid and try to win championships. So many times my fist game down on my keyboard as I tried for that elusive 1/10 of a second on that tricky corner, or when I spun out after leading a race for 50 laps only to finish out of the points. My amiga is missing a sound channel now because I split the circuit board:( Still a great game though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Sunday night. 7th consecutive hour of playing Pokemon Gold. I go to the Elite Four with my pokemon. I lose to whoever by a whisker after the castration of having my prized monsters destroyed. Then I realise I've missed the new episode of The Simpsons. Emotion.

(Also spending hours on one little Timesplitters 2 arcage challenge) x 10 = Grumpy for 2 days.

Has anyone ever been playing a game for ages and not getting anywhere with a boss or someone, then you go to bed and when you play in the morning you win on your first or second go? I guess I really was tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Tiger Woods on the PC...

I once flipped over my keyboard and threw my mouse after missing a 6 foot put to win a tournament

Pro Evo 4.. especially in multiplayer when one of the lads scores a screamer in the last second to win the game

that bit in call of duty when you have to defend the house for ten minutes.. fcuking hell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Ooh, just remembered another, it's kind of random, but I just wanted to complete NFS:Porsche without taking *any* damage.

See, ye get extra points if ye take no damage in a race, so I was going for a PERFECT game.

All was well untill I got to the 2000Turbo(the last car), after ye soup it up its like a rocket, I was practically getting air off flat ground! I just couldn't do it!, so I left it.

That was almost 4 years ago!! I just found it while I was rummaging last night(with F12000 and FIFA2001)!!

It's still a pretty good arcadey racer though!!

Advertisement