Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gravity flow water system

• 20-04-2005 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi all,
    i have recently bought an old farmhouse in the wilds of north tipperary. its built on a hill with a water tank in the field up behind it. theres a pipe coming into the tank that seems to be blocked and i am unable to trace where the pipe is coming from cos the field is full of huge forestry trees (the really prickly kind). there isnt a pipe coming out of the tank to the house and thats another problem.

im lucky enough to have a stream on my land that i could use if the tank isnt feasible but everyone i ask about putting in a gravity flow system says oh just "throw" a tank in here and "hook an auld pipe up to it" but as a website designer my scope for filling in the blanks isnt the best. i understand the basics of a GRAVITY flow but what size of tank do i need, where do i buy them, what purification would i need ?????? help :confused:

Comments

Advertisement