Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording

Options
  • 20-04-2005 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭

Quick question - of those who play an instrument, how many record their own playing to listen back to? I find it helpful, and am curious to see if anyone else does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corrcullen

I wouldnt actually record myself but i would record others, particularly a tune that I want to learn, using a minidisc recorder..

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

I do all the time. It's great because when you play it back you can hear clearly what mistakes your playing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kat9182

I was just thinking of setting something up to start recording what I'm playing. Think it would be helpful! Can you suggest what I could set up to do this? I know a minidisk was mentioned.. is the quality on the playback ok?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

MiniDisk should be grand, or an mp3/iPod type gadget with microphone - probably a little better.

Be warned though, a lot of Irish music has a range that causes problems - be prepared for some dodgy sounding high notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭that guy

Those mp3 yokes are actually c r a p enough for recording. Mini disc is fantastic. Especially if you buy a decent microphone. Sony do one for around 100 beans especially for minidisc a little stereo mike, bout the same length as a biro but much thicker. It's brilliant quality and fantastic for recording acoustic gigs because you get the stereo placement of all the musicians.

• Advertisement
Advertisement