Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling set-up - proposed. Comments welcomed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

your mad if you pay that much for that set-up... go with dangerden or waterchill ...im not saying that innovatek isnt good but for that money you could get a 3x120mm rad and at least a 1000 lph pump and some nice tdx or rbx waterblocks and vga and chipset plus of course a cpu....if thats your budget let me pick you a good kit ...
    make a custom kit and get the best of all areas ..what have you got in your rig and what to you what to do ...just have a queit pc or a heavy overclocked pc ...more info would be great pls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=17969
    344.74 without p+p so we say 370 max and thats your tubing and so on ...thats a lot beeter than what your buying on hitide

or try this out its a very handy little custom builder
    http://store.over-clock.com/CustomBuilt_Kits.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hi Rig as follows

Requirement max overclock + must look good!!!

IC7-G
    P3.4e Skt 478
    G.Skill LE 1GB
    MSI 6800 GT 256 GDDR3 AGP

Want to cool CPU and GPU only

Case mod for Dual Radiator, will cut out rectangle in top of my Thermaltake
    Shark case to fit so fans are showing thru grill of some sort. Must have something similar to that Mass O Matic yolk to screw to side window.

Don't mind getting the best components from seperate suppliers rather than a kit. Budget up to 500 yoyo's.

All help welcomed

Tnx

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If you want to do some solid overclocking you're going to need to cool the northbridge too.

I assume your ram has heatspreaders on the sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

RAM is G.Skill LE and doesn't get hot, so no heat spreaders needed. It's got them TCCD chips, and I have had it at 275FSB and timings of 2.5-3-3-6 at stock voltage and no heat.

Northbridge on IC7-G is cooled by Heatsink and fan, and Temps have remained low, but I could watercool it, from my research tho people say that adding a chipset block just loses you pressure with no OC gain.

Inqui

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Ram doesn't need heatspreaders... Tis well known that they're mainly for cosmetic purposes(go faster stripes)

Advertisement