Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Question On PSP

• 20-04-2005 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Looking at getting a PSP as I am fed up with being pissed off with delay launch time in Europe .

I was told the best bet is the US version PSP has they are all region free and don't have some button issue . Is this correct as there a little more expensive on Ebay etc.

Is there a difference in getting a Japanese Version with Region Free Firmware or am I running the risk of dodgy square button.

Anyone got any guidelines on price etc is about 220-250 euro for Value Pack delivered to expensive?

Cheers Again for all the help,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thedarkone

The only difference between the US and JAP PSP is the language of the manual.. Both of them are region free and the manuals are downloadable on Sony's webpage. You can exchange the cable with plug for you AC Adapter so this will not be a problem either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

What about these square keys or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

thedarkone wrote:
    The only difference between the US and JAP PSP is the language of the manual.. Both of them are region free and the manuals are downloadable on Sony's webpage. You can exchange the cable with plug for you AC Adapter so this will not be a problem either..

Eh not true.

The Japanese one will play region 2 umd movies. Europe is region 2 as far as movies are concerned. The US is region 1.

Games are region free.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

themessiah wrote:
    What about these square keys or something

That's why I'm waiting to get mine. I'll let Sony work out all the dinks. And more games will come out also.

Yeah dont like all these problems , thats why I am thinking about paying a little more for the US Version which had a few changes etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The problem with the sticky square button has been fixed by sony and only occured on early JPN ones.

Yeah cheers Ciaran ,

Found a few different places

Is this good value ? 325 euro for US PSP Value Pack plus 3 Games & UMD + Spiderman and Delivery to Ireland .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

a mate of mine just put in a preorder in HMV and they said its coming out on June 3rd. I told him this is unlikely and he then spoke to the manager and said thats its defo coming out @ 3rd June? any truth in this, im sick of importing games.

Yeah HMV uk website has been pre ordering since Feb for June the 3rd put there site has now changed saying the date is subject to change.

Its word noting that they are charging 199 GBP sterling for the basic PSP and not the value pack so you would have to fork out an extra few quid for the remote , bag , headphones chargers etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

@themessiah

Man, that is a CLASS DEAL!! I got mine from a guy who brought it over from the US with Need 4 Speed and Spidy and it cost a good bit more. I got no dead pixels thankfully and its the biz. Square button is fine too.

Only thing I need now is someone to play multiplayer with, he he.

M

• Advertisement
Advertisement