Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Company (Now Internet)

Options
  • 20-04-2005 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

Hy all,

Just thought I'd ask what everyone thinks of this idea. I have everything setup and ready to go, just need clients now.

NowInternet.ie should explain all, I would really appreciate what people think and where to go about getting clients, its based on a 50/50 split of the profits and no outlay for the client e.g. A free service for the client.

Here are some Screenshots (Prices can be changed)

Thanks loads,

JoePC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

So you supply and maintain the PCs for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I think you need a landline number as there are lots of people out there who will not (myself included) take onyone seriously who only gives a mobile number. Too easy to be a fraudster that way :D

Can you explain more about this> im not sure where the profit is for you? Are you supplying them with everything? PC's etc for free or what way does it work? Since the website does not make this clear to me i think you need some work on it.

On the other hand though the idea of providing someone who wants a net cafe with the means to do it is a good idea.

Anyway Golden pages! You need to invest in advertising. Get an ad in a paper or something.

Also simply try walking into normal cafes etc and explain.. they might be considering expanding into internet and you will be just what they need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Its a nice idea. I didn't know that net cafes were still surviving. Most of the places seem to be doing other things to make ends meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Ok so basically we provide everything, the comps / Net connection / Furniture / Support etc... All for free then for example you want to access the internet you can either buy a ticket at the cashier or use your credit card to buy minutes, you can also log out and save minutes for another time.

Cheers, JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

questions that would occur to me:
    the site doesn't mention the cost to the cafe owner. Is there an upfront charge at all?
    Who fixes the machines when they break and is this free and done remotely?
    What is the revenue model? What incentive do you have and I have to make this work?
    What is your street address, VAT number, company number ph number?
    how much could a machine earn for an average retailer in a year? (is this more than I would earn doing something else with the floorspace?)
    What's different about you from anyone else offering this service?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Cheers for the feedback,

Zaph0d:
    There is no upfront charge or any charge ever.
    A support tech supports / Fixes / replaces machines if anything goes wrong. This is also free. No charge for the client.
    I have a revenue Model, PM me and I'll email it to you.
    The number will be sorted ASAP, I know a mobile number looks dodge. Also VAT / Address etc.. I'll be putting on the site.
    The difference is no one in Dublin / Ireland offers this service.

Cheers JoePC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I'd have some concerns about this business from your perspective. It is capital-intensive, and things like this have been tried before (in chartbusters, for example).

However, best of luck with it. If you can deal with the maintenance issues and can keep costs down, you might be able to get it to work.

I think you need to just get in there and get on with trying to sell it. Get some installations in place.

You basically have to find people who own cafes in the 'burbs, areas where there are no Internet cafes or libraries nearby, where there is plenty of space to spare, and some degree of passing traffic. It's just a matter of perseverance to find these guys. Be sure not to waste time selling to the wrong people, i.e., people who aren't in a position to make a decision in your favour.

All these cafe people know each other, so it's important to establish a few reference sites.

I would be inclined to try to get into places where there isn't any alternative internet access nearby, and then charge a bit of a premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

If your business model is sound enough maybe talk to exsisting internet cafes and see if they are interested in out sourcing the maintaince / connection to you. Could save them a lot of grief.

You should also be looking at offering Skype or some type of calls system as part of your package as well.

Youth hostels would be a good place to try as well.

Best of luck with the business!

Advertisement