Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOKIA charging- tempermental [nokia 3220]

Options
  • 20-04-2005 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a Nokia 3220:
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,58033,00.html
    and for the past few months it would only charge when the lead going into the phone was at a certain kinda bent position.
    When it recently stopped charging I tried another charger, and now neither charger seems to charge the phone.

Has anyone else had similar problems with Nokia phones/chargers?, particulary the 3220?>?

Im wondering wether I need a new charger or to get the phone repaired. Its pretty frustrating.

I had similar trouble with a different nokia a few years ago but have never had this sort of trouble with charging other phones Ive owned, including siemens, panasonic and sagem.

TIA
    womoma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

probably the phone has just some loose connection common fault give it to vodafone and theyll fix it in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

unfortunatly im a meteor customer hehehe- i bought the fone from CARPHONE WAREHOUSE OMNI [bad idea i know!] lol...

It charged again this evening after i bent the wire where it goes into the phone,- im starting to think i have 2 dodgy chargers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

could be the charging block in the phone either, not making proper contact and when you move the cable around, it also moves this, so its hard to tell.

The 3220 isnt out that long, so I presume its still under warranty? Bring it back to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Everyone has at least one Nokia charger in the house so just ask a friend if you can use their charger. Then you know it's either the phone or the charger. If it's the phone, bring it back to CPW who'll send it to be fixed or you can send it dierctly to one of these Nokia repair centres. Link here
    Type in your county and it'll bring up a list of Nokia repair centres in your area. Just give the place a ring before, just in case. A copy of your receipt would also be a good idea, if you can't find it just go back to any CPW and they'll give you another

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

hubba hubba ;)

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement