Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorcycle repair shops in Dublin city centre

Options
  • 20-04-2005 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

My search isn't working for some reason, though I do remember a post like this from not too long ago. I just got home from work and found a pipe that's loose and not going anywhere on my bike, and I don't know what it is or where it's supposed to be going! The bike is working ok, though naturally enough I'm concerned as it's not meant to be like that.

Anyway, I usually go to the New Gem in Ranelagh but lately have found that they haven't really been fixing my problems properly so can anyone recommend another motorbike repair shop around the city centre?

Cheers,

Si.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Study another bike of the same model and you might be able to figure out where it should go.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

You sure it's not an overflow\drainage thingie that's supposed to be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

where abouts is the pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I guess it could be, though I've never noticed it before. It's a Honda Shadow SRX-90 moped, and not being the most mechanically minded I can't tell.

The pipe is coming coming from a metal 'thing' (it's to the right and slightly below the main engine block if you're looking at it from the front) that looks like it's connected to the air filter. It has a slight red tint to it, and that's the colour of the oil that I use so I'm worried that it could be the oil line, though having said that I haven't noticed any leaks in any places that I've left it.

I'm just looking at the manual now and it does mention the carburetor drain tube in the same location that this one is in so I suppose it could be that - does that make sense?

Si.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Yes, there could be multiple drain tubes on your bike, including one from the air box, one from the bottom of your fuel tank, possibly one from your carbs. Probably nothing to worry about. Is there a pool of oil at the bottom of it every morning when you come out? I assume not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

(OT) - This is why we need a bike forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Naw, might aswell annoy the car boys ehre with our bike talk :D

Well, I use Mega Bikes on Wexford St. they are fairly pricey since their money is made through labour. Anywho, they have the bike done on the day since they have no where to store it. They are also fairly handy when it comes to anything going wrong after a service.
    Apart from them I have heard the place out in rathfarnham is ok, since they are cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

To answer your question I use JP Motorcycles on Pearce Street. They are located on the opposite end to the garda station. I've used a lot of motorbike repair shops and they really have a good service and price.

I live out in west Dublin and travel into town to get any work done. And by the way I am just a customer and don't know anyone who works there, before someone says something.

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

Try Capital in Harolds Cross, they wud be the nearest to Ranelagh. Not sure if they only work on bikes which they have sold though. Other than that there is Wheels on Keeper Rd in Drimnagh. Behind the Crumlin SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There's no oil under the bike at all, so I guess it's nothing to worry about. Thanks for the help and suggestions on different repair shops - the one on Pearse St is probably the handiest for me so I might stick my head in there - bike is due a service anyway!

Cheers,

Si.

• Advertisement
Advertisement