Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Question

• 20-04-2005 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

With regards to the eircom free wireless router what the make of it and does it have a built in modem. the reason i ask friend is getting it and he wont have use for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

It's a Netopia 3347WG. Decent enough wireless router, and yes it has a built in modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

crap was going to use it with my IBB connection :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

You still can I'm sure. Just because a router has a built in modem, doesn't mean you have to use it. You can disable the PPPoE features of the Netopia and just use it as a wireless hub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I use the previous version of that modem/router.

I have always found it quite good though it sometimes drops the connection. It can be used as a four port hum and you can use it's built in hardware firewall.

It works fine for most peoples uses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I'm using this router now - seems to be doing a decent enough job - good wireless range - even outside the house and I'm sharing the connection with a flatmate no hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Well see i wanted to use it with my IrishBroadband :(

Advertisement