Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferrari: So what do you think?

• 20-04-2005 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

I find it hard to believe that Ferrari's car devlopment has slipped so far that they are behind like this. I know Renault has a great car, the best on the grid but I think it's all tyres.

I honestly think Bridgestone are 90% to blame for the Ferrari's start to the season.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Its mainly tires Bridgstone have been caught preformance wise by Michelin.
    I think the Renault is quick as well, they seem to have a powerful engine (and reliable) as well. Think they also go rid of teh flat V layout.

Ferrari will be stonger this w/kend.>>> watch out for Trulli in San Marino.
    Plus the Mclaren is damn quick in the races but the cant seem to get the speed from it in Qualifying.
    JPM is out again :( Wurz gets a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Ferrari seem confident about the next Grand Prix, I expect to see them do much better.

As was said, bridgestone can take a lot of the blame, although it's partly due to the fact that they have no top teams other than ferrari testing their tyres that makes it difficult for them.

Also, F1 is a lot more competitive than it has been. Since Schumacher joined Ferrari their only competition has been Williams(96-97) and McLaren(98-) nobody else could touch the big three, but with manufacturers like Toyota and Renault really pushing now the sport has become a lot more difficult. Having a bad weekend used to mean starting around 4-6th on the grid, behind the McLaren's and/or Williams, everyone else was so slow that it was unthinkable to do any worse than that, but now if a top team slips up they can find themselves outside the top ten quite easily - and this has happened to McLaren and Williams too, not just Ferrari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Yeah i agree.....Bridgestone are to blame (or is a major factor) in Ferrari's slip up this year....as it was mentioned earlier there is no other top team with that has B/S rubber!
    Ferrari are going to be strong this sunday at Imola!
    Going to put a bet on - Schuey (1st), Fisichella (2nd), Alonso (3rd) ;)

Its going to be a tight finish to the season - and its a longer season than normal!
    Schuey & Ferrari will come good - could be a last race decider in China :eek:

Advertisement