Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat question

• 20-04-2005 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭

My cat is 2. Up until the last few weeks he's been a happy-go-lucky house cat but lately he's been really crying to go out. He was neutured when he was a kitten. He usually plays in our garden for 10-15 mins when somebody goes for a smoke and comes in but all of a sudden he keeps sniffing around and trying to go into my neighbours garden. My neighbour has a dog and is also bit of a wanker so I'm afraid something will happen to the cat if he goes in there. He's also been making this other noise a lot more - the same noise he'd make if he was killing his toy..??! I feel terrible when he cries to go out but I'd feel worse if he was run over or killed by a dog - one of our other neighbour's cat was killed by dogs and their lastest cat's tail was bitten off a few months ago!!!
    Any advise!? He's been crying for the last 10mins and is now sitting beside me purring and cleaning himself about to have a sleep?!?! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

I'd always let a cat go out. If they get killed well then its not really your fault. Cant spend your time worrying about what-ifs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sounds like it's best to keep the cat indoors.

You could try introducing some new toys, there are a lot of birds and insects around at this time of year and he could be watching them out the window, to direct his hunting instincts away from the outdoors mabey introduce some fun toys, there's one I think called the cat-o-matic or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

He was out in the garden this morning before I went to work - he started sniffing the air, then he meowed at me a few times and then went to the corener and started growling!??! Do you think it's another cat maybe coming into the garden at night or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Most likely he has seen and or smelled another male on "his territory" and wants a fight, ours go thru this too somtimes.
    Best to keep him in and put lemon juice around the edges of your garden to discourage the other male, open jars of vicks vapo rub work best but lemon juice or sliced lemons if u wanna save money,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks guys!!! I just don't want anything to happen to him :D I'm going to get him a new tree to keep him busy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement