Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA San Andreas on PC (Reviews)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Bah, more 'previews' than 'reviews' tbh.

Looks good anyway. Can't wait to finally play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

looks nice indeed

is it just me or are the screenshots sort of vertically elongated?

i probably should try it on the pc instead of my crappy 14 inch telly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Cant wait. Damn Playstations version to hell! And it can take its 3 frames a second with it.

Online should be a larf. Any in game (pc) footage about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

june 10th. poor jc and lc'ers :D

can't wait for this one... i'm still playing vice city nearly 2 years on ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Bah, I've already played a few bits of it on the PS2... I haven't done any missions, but I hope the wow-factor isn't ruined for when I get the PC version.
    *Staggers off to read previews...*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Looking forward to this, as long as they do a proper PC version that doesn't turn to pish performance after 20minutes play.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Vice City is fairly buggy on the PC I hope San Andreas isn't, I couldn't bare some of the things that happerned me while trying to play VC on PC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just finished San Andreas finally this week. The PC version should be a huge improvement on the PS2 since the PS2 really struggles with San Andreas. Its a great game but I didn't enjoy it as much as Vice City. The last few missions were great.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Were the flying controls better on any of the other (3d) PC GTAs? (if so there may be some hope of me getting my pilot’s licence)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tman wrote:
    june 10th. poor jc and lc'ers :D

can't wait for this one... i'm still playing vice city nearly 2 years on ffs!
    Try MultiTheftAuto on the net yet?
    -oRnein9- wrote:
    Vice City is fairly buggy on the PC I hope San Andreas isn't, I couldn't bare some of the things that happerned me while trying to play VC on PC.
    Never had any problems with VC on the PC. What problems did you have?
    monument wrote:
    Were the flying controls better on any of the other (3d) PC GTAs? (if so there may be some hope of me getting my pilot’s licence)
    The "plane" in GTA3 was kind of hard to use, there being no actual engine in it, and you had to glide it once you got it airbourne, but the planes and helicopters in VC were piss easy to fly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

-oRnein9- wrote:

If you mean the MAJOR graphic flaws were vectors got fecked, there is a patch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I bought a PS2 just to play this game, i finished it in 50 hours (55%) (stephen 50 hours ;)!!!) and i intend to buy it again just for PC and try get 70 or 80% in one run throught it.

Its up there for best game ever and those who havent played it, you will get at least those 50 hours and enjoy them just as much as i did(seach Boards for Contains "andreas" and by username to see what i thought of it)
    This build was on a laptop sporting a mobile version of the 9700 Pro (and using some Omega drivers, interestingly). San Andreas seems to support widescreen just fine, and I didn't notice any slowdowns, despite running hi-res wide--I recall it was 1650x1000. And thing loads incredibly fast. The game itself takes less than ten seconds (with a 3.2 GHz P4 and 1GB of PC3200 on the laptop), outdoor/indoor transitions are instantaneous, and cutscenes load whip-smart.

nice.

Kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the_syco wrote:
    Try MultiTheftAuto on the net yet?
    yeah, back when i had broadband :(
    the novelty of it kind of wore off after the first few games... it's cool fun if you get a few peeps that you know on the same server

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

So far I have avoided as much information as possible about this game, just so nothing would be spoiled.
    I can't wait for this to come out on pc, it's been a long wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Makaveli wrote:
    So far I have avoided as much information as possible about this game, just so nothing would be spoiled.
    I can't wait for this to come out on pc, it's been a long wait.
    Yeah I'm like that aswell, I don't want any spoilers... I stopped reading those previews half way through... I don't want to know anything about the plot beforehand.
    Although I've had a few moments of weakness since my brother got SA on the PS2... I've seen a lot of the cool things to do, but the missions and plot are still safe for when I get it on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've played a PS2 mission, and a PC mission. The PC mission was longer and harder. Is this the same with SA? Short and sweet missions on the PS2?

Advertisement