Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrenean Mountain Dog

Options
  • 20-04-2005 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭

My dog is 6 months old and I'm wondering about his weight. I'm feeding him according to the instructions I have.

Does anyone know what weight they are at approx 6 months? he's currently 32kgs and I just want to be sure this is correct for his age. Adult weight can vary from 45-60kg and I believe they reach 90% of there adult size at 8 months. Last time he was at the vet, they said he was in fine health.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Hi

I'm not 100% sure what his weight should be, but 30 kg for a 6 month old male Pyr doesn't sound too far off.

One tip though: In case you are still feeding him high protein puppy food, get him off that and replace it (gradually) with a normal dogfood with about 20%Protein max.
    Big herding dogs do quite well on a less rich diet and that should bring his weight gain into relation with height and size. Underneath that big fluffy fur you want to end up with a lean, muscular dog, not a fatty.

Advertisement