Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF Questions

Options
  • 21-04-2005 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

This is for anyone who has a question relating to anything Final Fantasy.
    Throw it up and we'll try answer it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And for everyone asking about Aeirth:
    Use a pheonix down to bring her back to life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    And for everyone asking about Aerith:
    Use a phoenix down to bring her back to life
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH....

...and i had just got her final limit break

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

no f***ing way...i've played that a million times on the ps and never realised...never really looked...whats her L4 Limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

hmm the something gospel or something or other, you get it off the blacksmith who lives on his own after getting some mythril from the old guy in the cave if you go in after fighting on a certain number of times, like 11 or 133 or any where the last 2 digits match. take the small box from the blacksmith for the mythril.

Venus Gospel... and i fought so hard to get that too, for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

But she's killed during a cutscene, when/where do you use the phoenix down?

... um... you don't, she's gone, get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

does anyone know if these famous "bring her back" button combiantions actually work?

grimloch wrote:
    does anyone know if these famous "bring her back" button combiantions actually work?
    Nope, but you can get action replay codes to bring her back albeit in a silent way (if you talk to her the game crashes)... funnily enough you can also use action replay to get Sephiroth in your team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Rhyme wrote:
    Venus Gospel...
    I think that's the name of Cid's ultimate weapon.

• Advertisement

Aye, too true... Princess Guard is Aeris, Temple of the Ancients... clock puzzle, all that jazz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

Rhyme wrote:
    funnily enough you can also use action replay to get Sephiroth in your team

That was a woeful code. You can't even control him.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

Its Great Gospel right?Cool limit break, but limited use i guess.And isnt there some way of gettin Zack with an Action Replay?God I dont like those things lol

i dont think i even bothered teaching aeris that limit

doubt you could get zack though if the spehiroth code didnt allow you to control him

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads bare with me here i havent played ff8 for a very long time
    but i have a question you get this aeon from the desert i think hes on a horse you cant control him he come out to kill the badies in one go and he gets killed right ,and he returns to kill that fella with the gun blade

can any one explain this in detail [names etc]

The GF you refer to is Odin, you find him in the Centra ruins in the middle of the continent of Centra (the southern one) and the ruins on the world map are weird shaped... you'll spot it easy enough. Theres a whole lot of exchanging jeweled eyes and the fighting him too... check gamefaqs.com for the exact method. Also return there later on and defeat 20 tonberries in a certain time limit (20 minutes i think) to fight and gain the GF tonberry king... oh and before i forget, get Odin before the end of Disc 3 and Seifer will kill him and Gilgamesh will replace him.

Rhyme wrote:
    The GF you refer to is Odin, you find him in the Centra ruins in the middle of the continent of Centra (the southern one) and the ruins on the world map are weird shaped... you'll spot it easy enough. Theres a whole lot of exchanging jeweled eyes and the fighting him too... check gamefaqs.com for the exact method. Also return there later on and defeat 20 tonberries in a certain time limit (20 minutes i think) to fight and gain the GF tonberry king... oh and before i forget, get Odin before the end of Disc 3 and Seifer will kill him and Gilgamesh will replace him.
    thats how i got that new Gf after odin

cheers

hey lads you know that flying ship the high wind i think how do i get that ship to land on grounds without grass

ff7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

You cant simply, it just wont let you because it would make it hard to make secret areas.

You cant simply, it just wont let you because it would make it hard to make secret areas.
    how can i get to the secret areas like near Wutai

• Advertisement

You need a green chocobo methinks, there was one place where you could land the airship where there was no grass, it allowed you to get Quadra Magic if I recall.

grimloch wrote:
    You need a green chocobo methinks, there was one place where you could land the airship where there was no grass, it allowed you to get Quadra Magic if I recall.

Yep, its all in the chocobo breeding, try get a gold one so ya can go everywhere :P

Hmmm, I clicked FF and expected Fianna Fáil.

/runs back to the shadows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Myth wrote:
    Hmmm, I clicked FF and expected Fianna Fáil.

/runs back to the shadows
    Ha getting scared off by nerd(admit it, i have :D )talk

lads where can i get the water and mountain chocobo and how do i get the gold chocobo

and whats clouds must powerfull sword and where is it

River and mountain chocobo=BLACK cbo

Go To Mideel and catch 2 cbo's and mate them and do this repeatadly till you got a GREEN(mountain) and a BLUE(river) of opposite sexes, then mate these and get your BLACK. Go to the icle area and catch a WONDERFUL(make sure of this) and mate it with your BLACK to get GOLD.

Easy as pi :)

River and mountain chocobo=BLACK cbo

The last time I played the game through, that precise point was the most frustrating thing i'd ever feckin well done.

By luck, whenever I breeded said blue and green chocobos with the appropriate nut, i'd end up with a bloody green or blue chocobo. The amount of times I had to reload was unbelievable. Horrible stuff altogether.

lads where can i get the water and mountain chocobo and how do i get the gold chocobo

and whats clouds must powerfull sword and where is it

Breed 2 great chocobos with certain buts, carob nuts i think first, then youll either get a blue or a green, keep tryin till you get both, then get them to an A class in racing, breed them and with a bit of luck get a black...and so on.....

Clouds most powerful sword is the Ultima Weapon, and you get this by defeating Ultima Weapon ( the big dude flying around the sky ) you have to beat him 5 times i think it is.

Can only be done on the 3rd disc too. The last fight is over Cosmo Canyon and when he falls he makes the ground slope up towards that hidden forest where there's a few goodies lying about.

When youre fighting ultima over the canyon, make sure you have an enemy skill materia so you can avail of shadowflare I think it is.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah i forgot to mention the nuts :rolleyes:

You use carob nuts all the way except fot the BLACK-mating-with-WONDERFUL, for this you use a zeio nut.

Carob nuts can be stolen off the dinosaur-loking thing it the grass of the icicle area(outside BONNE VILLAGE).
    Zeio nuts can be obtained from the small goblins that you fight on an island in the north-east of the map(I think its called goblin island?)

Hope its a help :)

Advertisement