Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some snackage suggestions

• 21-04-2005 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

I'm working a night shift at the moment and am in need of some suggestions on stuff to eat throughout the night.
    at the moment i'd have 2 sandwiches (usually ham, salami or turkey and mustard, or tuna & mayo) 2 bananas, a pot of muller rice (sweet jesus that stuff is addictive!) and a packet of crisps or some choc. then a bowl of cereal before bed.
    this isn't quite enough to satisfy my belleh, i need something that's either quick to prepare before going to work (i'm a lazy bastid and would rather spend as little of my free time as possible cooking/preparing food) or some prepacked munch.
    oh yeah, i could also do with a few ideas on quick and easy sandwich fillings...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

got a toaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Toasted banana sandwich, lots of butter. ****ing savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nah, no toaster :(

think i'll make me one of those when i get home though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

you could always take a pizza with you and eat it cold. cold pizza is great.
    probably more filling that sandwiches too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

cold pasta salad in a lunchbox?
    cold lasagne is goregous! mind you I've never eaten it sober, so it could be manky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Sliced avocado in your bread - that's pretty filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

What ever you do stay away from nutella!, nutella and whitebread will do unfortold damage!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

if you have a kettle - koka noodles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭|Referee|

mayordenis wrote:
    if you have a kettle - koka noodles
    are you happy now that you took part in boards survivor?
    ham and cheese melt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

the new cambells cuppa soups with the crutons are yummy...nowadays you can buy little pots of fruit like peach and pineapple pieces and pots of jelly too...sounds sad but might be nice for a change. Little boxes of raisins tooo(hehe, its like feeding a schoolkid! :D )
    Crackers(the jacobs olive oil and oregano are nice, specially with paté or cheese). egg mayo has to be the savagest sandwich filling with lots of onion.... :p
    But if your "night shift" is a very well paid job, leave out the oignon id say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

hmmmm... some great suggestions so far.
    cold lasagne/pizza sounds like a winner.

sliced avacado sounds interesting... i'm gonna try throwing some of that into my next salami and mustard sambo (i'm such a classy guy :D )

i'd forgotten all about mayo, cheese and onion sambos... i used to <3 them :)

keep em coming folks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

ham and cheese heated up any way with bread is always a winner.

rolls, normal sliced bread, french bread etc

all win.
    george forman grill is helluva handy for such creations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

tman wrote:
    sliced avacado sounds interesting... i'm gonna try throwing some of that into my next salami and mustard sambo (i'm such a classy guy :D )

Yeah, but make sure you wait until the avocado's gone soft - they're much nicer that way.

Advertisement